Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My release date conspiration theory.

Page: 1 of 1
 Grinth
04-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Hi.

I think that the delaying of this game had it's good reasons. The game was not ready. Then how do you set a new release date?

Since it's the marketing guys together with the developers that set release dates. This is my theory:

What happends late may that almost all gaming sites writes about? Ill give u a clue, it starts with E.

E3expo (http://www.e3expo.com/)

Check under S (http://www.e3expo.com/current_exhibitors/index.cfm?search=Q-T)

14 - 16 may... how convinient. Say the NDA drops Monday 12 may, open beta starts soon afterwards. That gives SOE a very good chance to show their game to a very large audience. And why not publish the release date at the same time? Just make sure the release is close enought so people wont go somewhere else.
 Exar_reborn
04-27-2003, 3:14 PM
Yeah that would sound right, but I am very dissapointed in SOE, They haven't put out ANY publicity other than in PC Gamer Magazine. I'm really suprised I would of thought for sure it would be on tv or more popup adds or something.
 Jackrabbit
04-27-2003, 3:42 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about E3. I mean, it's probably not the only reason they're delaying, but it is good timing.
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-28-2003, 1:02 PM
So, like everyone is guessing...
release date will be probably late june or early july?
 Leagle eagle
05-07-2003, 1:58 PM
My favourite release date estimations are "fall", which really means "autumn NEXT year".:)

It's just an observation I have made.
 waffleman
05-07-2003, 2:31 PM
Well, no hope for E3 now unless your an invited member of the press according to the main page information. That Q3P0 guy said it will all be in a doulbe thick concrete non-destructable room that has laser defense system and attack droids and everything. So look online soon after for leaked info :p ;)
 PatoriaN
05-09-2003, 1:56 PM
Why advertise for groups it cannot cater for? It will sell out due to the core fan base. Look, you have to be invited to get in Beta. There is no OPEN beta. Now look at other games, Planetside, Neocron etc, they dont have the fan base they they have open betas and advertising.

SWG will have more people in Beta 3 from Invites only then what Neocron did in OPEN beta.

Now, look how much they just saved.
 waffleman
05-09-2003, 2:20 PM
Ya, well, we cant expect gamers to do evreything logical. I think that SWG wont have problem with sales but im really curious why all the hush hush about it?? When Morrowind was announced it had loads of information. Sure it wasnt a MMORPG but it was still a great game with the same general features. So why keep the nagging public in the dark? If anything, I though more information would be a good thing.
 deggesim
05-09-2003, 3:32 PM
I think it's all about marketing ;)
This hush increases the wait IMHO

I retain my opinion in september release, although it's not a drama for me too ;)
 Krymelord
05-11-2003, 8:46 AM
It is good to see some other Septembers out here. Also in regards to TV advertising, expect to start seeing it about a month before launch. Sony did a pretty extensive TV ad campaign for EQ Online Adventures and I would expect "no less" (more actually) for a money maker like the Star Wars Genre. Why not yet you ask. They haven't finalized a date yet and why waste money for commercial advertising spots, 2 or 3 months before the game is released.

Just makes sense to me.
 setsuko
05-11-2003, 3:39 PM
Anything that prolongs the period for me to replace my processor is good in my book. :)
 J.K Luke
05-12-2003, 1:16 PM
I got the feeling that the devs have some surprises up in their sleeves at E3, they purposely go hush in order to keep the suspense in us longer lol.

So, I guess we will see more concrete info from the devs soon...
 waffleman
05-12-2003, 4:02 PM
Well duh :p :rolleyes:
NDA is going to be lifted very soon so info from not only devs but our Beta service men and women too will be spilling in from everywhere.
 J.K Luke
05-13-2003, 7:43 AM
NDA is going to be lifted very soon so info from not only devs but our Beta service men and women too will be spilling in from everywhere

I can't wait for it to happen :D
Page: 1 of 1