Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who will win?

Page: 1 of 1
 Exar_reborn
04-27-2003, 2:20 AM
We all know the dark side loses but will they be more powerful as of the moment? And will the game follow the storyline as in time wise IE: 2 years from now will there be a patch with the deathstar being blown up? Wait is there going to be a deathstar?!?!
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-27-2003, 11:38 AM
They've followed the timeline, is there any reason why they wouldn't?

I don't think they'd go past ROTJ. Because that'd give the people in the EMP a disadvantage. Plus, we'd be out of the "golden years". There is a death star, but it's probably just now being constructed...or in the process.
 Dark Moon
04-27-2003, 5:05 PM
I would imagine that the Empire is more powerful right now. Even though the Death Star was destroyed, they have the rebels on the run and probably still have more resources.
 Wraith 8
04-27-2003, 6:56 PM
no one will wint for sometime... and they are not messing up the continuity of the SW universe.. so the emperor will die at endor... but .... the empire will still excist :D
 Kiedo
04-27-2003, 7:22 PM
I thought the game was gonna stay at the same place in SW history at all times...

Now for somebody to come and prove me wrong. Come on! I dares ya! :D
 Exar_reborn
04-27-2003, 7:41 PM
You think that they will build up the deathstar and put it in the game? Cause I'd wanna go there it would be sweet.
 setsuko
04-27-2003, 8:32 PM
The devs have stated that time will be freezed, or almost freezed. Historically, that is. That means, in two years, there'll still be no second death star. The emperor won't die. The Jedi Academy will not be built. And so on, so just forget the thought.

The whole point of SWG is that it is to be classic Star Wars, and that means no ventures into areas that are entirely built up by EU material.
 Exar_reborn
04-28-2003, 12:13 AM
Ok, But I still think that after awhile they should progress it. To keep it in line. theres going to be a lot of competition. Middle Earth Online, Worlds of Warcraft. They have to stay up somehow.
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Let the "competition" come. There's going to be so much bandwagon people coming that it won't matter to me if they leave. There's no doubt about it, SWG will succeed and survive well beyond anyones expectations. I don't think this "competition" will hurt SWG. I think the whole middle earth MMO is getting kind of lame. Everything is the same, and it's just like, okay, next new middle earth online game. Since AO we've seen a few more sci-fi ones come out, which is good, another genre. You really think W.O.W. will be released when blizzard says it will? Haha, it's just common knowledge that bilzzard never releases something on time.

I don't think they should progress, I think a freeze or almost freeze is just perfect.
 Kaiser Spaso
05-01-2003, 9:35 PM
there is no way i am going to miss the defeat of the deathstar..................i will be on the front lines to see that bad boy go up in flames!
 Jackrabbit
05-01-2003, 10:34 PM
The devs have stated that time will be freezed, or almost freezed.

The game takes place after the Death Star was destroyed for the first time. If time is frozen, you'll never see another Death Star, let alone it's destruction.
 BobaFettWp
05-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Theres a picture on one of the sites that looks like Darth Vader in the Deathstar. So I would think yes there will be a deathstar.
 Jodo Baas
05-07-2003, 12:04 PM
If the second Death Star has anything at all to do with the game, it'll be in a mission for Imperials. Basically, deliver the plans to Point A, collect information from Contact B, that kind of stuff.

Point is, since the timeline will never progress, there won't be a physical Death Star at any time. Kind of lame, I know... but for the sake of the longevity of SWG, it has to be that way. ;)
 Jan Gaarni
05-07-2003, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by BobaFettWp
Theres a picture on one of the sites that looks like Darth Vader in the Deathstar. So I would think yes there will be a deathstar.
Please provide a link to said picture. :)
 Jackrabbit
05-08-2003, 8:01 AM
It was probably a picture of an Imperial base, or a Star Destroyer. I've seen the picture before; I'll see if I can get it up here.
 Jackrabbit
05-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Found it (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/screenshots/e3/vader_scene_2a.jpg). Again, I'm guessing that's an Imp base or a :vsd:. They said this is a pre-rendered shot, meaning they put the actors like this for a good pic, and you'll never see Storm Troopers, Royal Guards, and Vader Force Choking some guy all in the same place. Well, you might...
 J.K Luke
05-12-2003, 1:31 PM
hmmm... we can't know for sure if vader is in death star judging from that pic.
 setsuko
05-12-2003, 9:26 PM
Originally posted by J.K Luke
hmmm... we can't know for sure if vader is in death star judging from that pic.

Yes we can. Since it is a pic for a game where the Death Star doesn't exist. With this additional proof, we can more or less remove the idea that it is taken at the Death Star, can't we? :D

seriously, the death star doesn't exist because a) death star 1 is already destroyed and b) work on death star 2 hasn't begun yet.
 J.K Luke
05-13-2003, 7:46 AM
... why didn't I think of that lol :laughing:
 sexxxy_mark
05-13-2003, 11:04 AM
if the death star did exist...it would really suck cuz it can literally blow up a planet. (not that it needs to on a daily basis)
so my logic goes in this fashion:
deathstar is made and is mobile, but the cannon is not yet operational
or
the cannon is operational, but the deathstar cannot move yet, cuz it doesn't have thrusters or something.

and when the deathstar is actually finished, it will not last too long, just to balance the factions out a little bit.

i am guessing when they incorporate the spaceship flying portion of the game (expansion?) which i read somewhere that they would (i could be wrong) is when the deathstar would be blown up by x-wings, y-wings, a-wings, b-wings, etc...
 UnfrozenCaveman
05-13-2003, 11:08 AM
if the death star did exist BUT IT DOESN'T! I don't see why so many people talk about the DS being in existence. It doesn't, it was destroyed in ANH, and there is a second one being built, however, that takes place between ESB and RoTJ. Therefore, there is no Death Star. Set, was correct, as usual ;)
 setsuko
05-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by UnfrozenCaveman
Set, was correct, as usual ;)

Boo-yah! In your face, space coyote! :)
 Lord_Vessen
05-18-2003, 4:15 PM
Like I've stated before, I'd rather have the players decide on who wins. If you truly want to win then fight!
 TheMaestro
05-19-2003, 11:04 PM
If I am flying an X-Wing around and see a Death Star...I would have to attack it just for the humor value.

Just like how there's prolly some people on this board who would see Vader walking around, go up to him and say, "Stupid n00b."
 Lord_Vessen
05-20-2003, 1:48 AM
If I saw him I'd shake his hand and brown-nose and such, I could get some creds that way...Or my incredible stench would kill him:D
 Jatari Bazrak
05-22-2003, 9:30 PM
There shouldn't be a deathstar, Because the devs. said starwars galaxies is a filler between IV and V.
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Yup. No Death Star. Where will Vader be...I must find that destroyer he's on!
 Jan Gaarni
05-23-2003, 2:58 PM
The Executor?

Forget it. It took a whole fleet to take it down. :)

I doubt you'll have that kind of fire power at your disposal. ;)
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 9:48 PM
No I don't me take it down, I mean fly in there and land! They would kill me though.
 Jackrabbit
05-24-2003, 9:49 AM
I would love to see The Executor just once. Hopefully that will be in the game.
 Lord_Vessen
05-24-2003, 12:59 PM
I know, I would like to lick its surfa...There also might be an Endor base where he resides.
 Jatari Bazrak
05-26-2003, 2:11 PM
If they did put it in they would only put it in the space exspansion.
Unless like you said Vessen it had a docking port in endor.
 Xx_Patman_xX
05-29-2003, 7:18 PM
I thought the point of paying monthly was so the devs can update the game. Iam disapointed to here that time will be "frozen".
 setsuko
05-29-2003, 7:27 PM
Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX
I thought the point of paying monthly was so the devs can update the game. Iam disapointed to here that time will be "frozen".

Sorry, but you missed the point completely. The game will be updated all the time, but time, in the meaning of the series of events that moves the movies forward, is frozen. New areas, planets, monsters, npcs, towns, vehicles, weapons, skills, species, chocolate, music, houses etc will be added all the time. But the Battle of Hoth will not happen. Get it? While the game expands at all times, we won't find ourselves suddenly standing in the New Republic.
 dathansurehand
05-30-2003, 6:53 PM
Exar_reborn We all know the dark side loses but will they be more powerful as of the moment? And will the game follow the storyline as in time wise IE: 2 years from now will there be a patch with the deathstar being blown up? Wait is there going to be a deathstar?!?!

So nobody wins. Period. But we do get to keep battling it out like we just might win.:D
 Kaiser Spaso
05-31-2003, 5:30 AM
i think the devs shift the balance of power between factions over a time period if they see to much dominance
 Donnie Darko
05-31-2003, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by dathansurehand
So nobody wins. Period. But we do get to keep battling it out like we just might win.:D

Mmmmmm, I can't wait for my first battle. And if I start loosing I will just stand back and watch everything happen from a distance. Does anyone know if they will incorporate 360 degree screen schots?
 setsuko
05-31-2003, 2:17 PM
No. The only program that does it well is Quicktime, and that is licenced by Macintosh. And Quicktime is a closed format, and thereby sucks ass. Sorry to break it to you.
 Donnie Darko
05-31-2003, 2:53 PM
*drops to his knees* NOOO!!!! Why for the love of God must Macintosh exist!!! Where is Gates sending his corporate henchmen to level that goddamn company!!!
 Harkano
06-01-2003, 7:32 PM
Actually there is currently a mini Death Star (prototype) at a top secret imperial research facility in a secret safe pocket in the Maw series of Black Holes just of Kessell. it's just a really difficult flight through the holes. But then again if you believe Kevin J Anderson then the empire can easily create invincible ships which can destroy stars, but never brought them into mass destruction the you can believe anything....

Also we do not know when construction began on DSII, remember that when the Excecutor (Vader's SSD) was being constructed at I think KDY the other shipyards at Fondor were producing the Emperor's personal SSD which i will call *** so as not to spoil the particular books involved for anyone yet to read them. This shows that the empire has a policy of -

"Why have one when you can have two for twice the price?"

DSII production could have began concurrently with DSI and ran slower, or have been substantially delayed by destruction of DSI, so there could be a partially constructed DSII out there.

My 2p

Harkano

p.s Not sure about the KDY/Fondor thing.
 Jatari Bazrak
06-02-2003, 1:26 AM
WoW, I didn't understand a single word you said...

Just kidding, very nice presentaion.
Page: 1 of 1