Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What i like as a saber

Page: 1 of 1
 PrimoSidone
04-25-2003, 9:08 PM
Haya peeps,

I dont know if u people feel this way too but i think that JO's saber was cheesed up. It had this strange form it was thin than thick and then thin. I really hated the saber. What if Raven could make a saber like in episodes 1 and 2 with the sabers nice and thick.

Well thats my opinion whats urs?
 taekwondo joe
04-26-2003, 12:38 AM
the blue saber and the red saber were thin, the green and yellow were thick, i like em thick myself, but i love the saber in JO, despite the diference
 wassup
04-26-2003, 2:08 AM
Originally posted by PromoSidone
Haya peeps,

I dont know if u people feel this way too but i think that JO's saber was cheesed up. It had this strange form it was thin than thick and then thin. I really hated the saber. What if Raven could make a saber like in episodes 1 and 2 with the sabers nice and thick.

Well thats my opinion whats urs?

You could always just have downloaded a mod to change everything to what you like...
 PrimoSidone
04-26-2003, 6:20 AM
Thats true Wassup, but then: every nice server was a pure server
 Prime
04-26-2003, 2:05 PM
It had this strange form it was thin than thick and then thin. I loved the saber in JO. I don't really know what you mean by the above...
 SettingShadow
04-26-2003, 3:43 PM
I really didnt like the sabers in JO, thought they looked real ugly. I like them to be more like they were in AotC, they ruled :)
 Iblis Reborn
04-26-2003, 3:58 PM
i loved the sabers in JO
everytime i tried a mod i always went back to the original
the only thing i didnt like is that they would shrink down when you would pass through a wall with them
they are suppost to be able to cut through pretty much anything so why make them be stopped by a wall?
made them seem weak to me...who am i kidding they were weak in game!
 Neko Lain
04-26-2003, 4:02 PM
I am not sure, i think they look good.
 PrimoSidone
04-26-2003, 5:17 PM
I have to agree with Squater
 PrimoSidone
04-26-2003, 5:20 PM
I think they made the sabers in JO to look like in the movies 4 and 5, but then i think the sabers in the movies were so cheezy because the movies and pretty old and so is there technology.

But i would really like to see nice AoTc blades as well, or just that there are not any pure servers around.

Promo
 Darth Rythe
04-27-2003, 2:02 AM
I don't see the probablem with the lightsabers in JO. Personally I like them as they are. :confused:
 coupes.
04-27-2003, 3:49 AM
The sabers looked ok to me, i don't think they should change 'em.
but i do agree about the sabers shrinking whent in contact with the walls they sould stay full lenght.
 PrimoSidone
04-27-2003, 6:09 AM
So u guys really dont see the problem?? if u play JO again watch it carefully and think about AOTC.

Ull see the difference

Promo
 SettingShadow
04-27-2003, 7:50 AM
I took a nice close look at the sabers and realized they wernt that bad. Still, compared to a saber pack I've downloaded, they lose :) (IMO of course)
 HertogJan
04-27-2003, 8:08 AM
I don't think the sabers were THAT bad, but they weren't very movie like... But then again, the original trilogy movies had different sabers than the prequels too!!

But I wouldn't mind them to be a little thicker and with less eh... movement, if you know what I mean...
 PrimoSidone
04-27-2003, 1:24 PM
Dat weten we Jan :)

Hmmm but to be honest the 1,2 sabers where better than 4,5,6.
 Prime
04-27-2003, 1:35 PM
Dat weten we Jan :)

Hmmm but to be honest the 1,2 sabers where better than 4,5,6. That's to be expected though, considering the age of the original trilogy :)
 PrimoSidone
04-27-2003, 3:13 PM
True

but then JA aint gonna be that old is it ;)
 Blademaster_109
04-27-2003, 3:37 PM
i thought the sabers were fine in JO
 Prime
04-28-2003, 1:52 PM
True

but then JA aint gonna be that old is it ;) What can I say? I'm a sucker for the original trilogy!
 HertogJan
04-28-2003, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by Prime
What can I say? I'm a sucker for the original trilogy!

Same here, the original trilogy had a special feeling to it, where the prequels are in some ways too complex and the special effects (such as pretty sabers :)) spoil it a bit for me...
 SettingShadow
04-28-2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Same here, the original trilogy had a special feeling to it, where the prequels are in some ways too complex and the special effects (such as pretty sabers :)) spoil it a bit for me...

I agree. I loved the sabers in all films but I like the prequels sabers a tad bit more... so I guess that means 1 point to the prequels and 0 for sequels, the score is now:

Sequels: 9999
Prequels: 2

:D
 Syrenheart
05-03-2003, 4:11 PM
Gotta admit, I like 'em nice and thick. he he he.

sorry.

Naw, the only thing I didn't like about any lightsaber was in AoTC, they were too white in the middle. Looked like the jedi were carrying those irridescent things morons twirl around in clubs when they're pilled up to the nines. The sabers look better when the core (only in the very centre) is just a paler shade of the blade colour. Luke's was cool. Vader's. Kenobi/Jinn TPM but AoTC they somehow didn't look 'right'.

JO sabers rock though. so, shhh.:sheepdanc This is the mocking 'Sheep Dance of Triumph'. I'm right, you're wrong. So there.

ps. nya nya ne nya nya
 PrimoSidone
05-03-2003, 4:15 PM
i REally like 1,2 saber....
 Syrenheart
05-03-2003, 4:25 PM
Quiet, you must be, on all, this depends. Mouth, you must close and fingers, you must halt. Your silence, crave I do.

Shhh. :sheepdanc <-- don't forget what this means.

he he he.

Analyze that, chumpy.
 PrimoSidone
05-03-2003, 4:34 PM
What u talking about??

its Analyze this
 HertogJan
05-04-2003, 8:03 AM
Analyze that is the sequel ;)

Oh and he's talking about us shutting up and stop debating in a bad form of Yoda-English... C'mon man Yoda's English is bad, but compared to you, he's a ****ing professor in English!
 Solbe M'ko
05-04-2003, 7:50 PM
I just rewatched EpI and I noticed something. At the begginning, when Obi and Qui-gon first light up their sabers it shows a close up of Obi's. The actual blade is quite thin, but the halo is really fat. Also, the color of the blade cycles from light blue to white. Just interesting, thats all.
 PrimoSidone
05-04-2003, 9:08 PM
I saw them both they own :D:D

I feel pretty , oh so pretty :p
 Sam Fisher
05-17-2003, 10:34 AM
I would like it they had EP1 sabers and EP2 sounds.
 HertogJan
05-17-2003, 11:25 AM
I think it's strange...

- In some pics you see of EpI + II, the white part has a huge glow around it.

Like this:

http://www.theforce.net/theater/software/psp/lightsabers/pics/final.jpg)

- And in other pics you see a glow, around a big white center, but the center has the same colored glow over it... :confused: :confused:

Like this:

http://www.starwars.com/img/homepages/obi_mace/obi_mace_body4.jpg)
 MattJedi
05-17-2003, 3:01 PM
Hey! Its kinda like a christmas light! errr without some of the paint on it! yeah!
 Solbe M'ko
05-17-2003, 3:14 PM
Here's an off topic question:
How come in some of the on the set footage from Ep2 the actors use flexible plastic rods for lightsabers? I have a theory, but I'd like to hear from you guys first.
 HertogJan
05-17-2003, 3:24 PM
Cause they are very light :) They can't lift wood or metal sticks, MWUAHAHAHAAA!!! ;)

Well I dunno, maybe they liked Park sabers so much :)
 Solbe M'ko
05-17-2003, 3:34 PM
:rolleyes:
Well, I think that it was to make the saber trail work easier. When they move the saber, the shaft bends, so the guys painting in the trails would know how fast it was moving and how long to make the trails.

Anyway, I would love to see little saber knives. I made up a character that knives would be perfect for.

-PS- What the HELL is up with putting swords in KOTOR!?!:swear:
 wardz
05-17-2003, 7:47 PM
The way I try and look at it is that EP I/II is the way George Lucas intended the sabres to look but couldn't because of the tech at the time. So I would prefer them to look like they do in the prequels...

Perhaps it could be an option as well as choosing the type of saber in the game, whether you want it Original Trilogy style or the Prequels? I'm sure it wouldn't take them long to do...

-W
 Solbe M'ko
05-18-2003, 12:02 AM
I don't know about that, it sounds kind of *mleh*. They should just get 'em right, dammit! I don't really care if they glow or not, but you certainly shouldn't be able to light up a huge Moria style (sorry) room with your saber glow, that's all.
 Skinkie
05-18-2003, 3:49 AM
I'd like to say I think the sabers look awesome in Outcast, especially after JK1 where you had the glow in the dark baseball bat.
 SlapNut
05-18-2003, 5:27 AM
Originally posted by Iblis Reborn
i loved the sabers in JO
everytime i tried a mod i always went back to the original
the only thing i didnt like is that they would shrink down when you would pass through a wall with them
they are suppost to be able to cut through pretty much anything so why make them be stopped by a wall?
made them seem weak to me...who am i kidding they were weak in game!

i agree, i liked thenold sabers too, not many games feature sabers or swords in first/third person, give them a break, its hard to make sabers perfect, i liked them, i dont like the ones from the movies, they look boring and plain.
 Darth Rythe
05-18-2003, 6:18 AM
I thought this thread had finnished a long time ago in a galaxy far far away
 Stormtrooper X
05-26-2003, 12:19 PM
Make it optional how thick or thin the sabers are! It's settled.
 Prime
05-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Stormtrooper X
Make it optional how thick or thin the sabers are! It's settled. But they should all be the same, shouldn't they?
 Wudan
05-27-2003, 12:45 PM
Thick blades and long hilts. I don't know why we haven't seen much in the way of long hilts. I think it would pave the way for a much better technique, once you get used to the hilt.
Page: 1 of 1