Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Unable to install Grim Fandango

Page: 1 of 1
 Solariee
04-24-2003, 9:51 PM
My mom's had the game for some time now, and it was lost for awhile. She always raved about it and she's been finished playing it for awhile. We found it again, and I've been trying to install it, but with no luck. It tells me it's missing _setup.LIB and something else. The files are sitting right there in the same folder and the program has been run before with no problems. Anyone able to tell me how I can play the game?

I'm running Windows XP, Athlon 1800+ with 256 DDR. I heard there were issues with running it on a computer that's too fast, but I can't even get it to install.
 Sanspoof
04-25-2003, 4:22 PM
Try installing it again. I'm not that good with WindowsXP as I'm still back in the stone age with my Windows 98. Better just wait for some technical expert guy to come along.
 Solariee
04-25-2003, 4:24 PM
I've tried it a few times, and still no luck. Still gives me the same error, saying files aren't there that are.
 GendoTheGreat
04-25-2003, 4:41 PM
Where does it say the files are missing? On the hard drive or the CD?
 Solariee
04-25-2003, 9:11 PM
On the CD. It says "Please make sure the setup.exe file contains" and then the DLL files. They're sitting right there, but for some reason, it's not seeing that. I even tried copying the whole CD to my hard drive. No difference.
 James Isaac
05-18-2003, 8:53 AM
You should ask LucasArts (http://www.lucasarts.com) technical support. They will know about the files in their game.
 Solariee
05-20-2003, 5:58 AM
If anyone's interested to note, I figured out how to fix it. If anyone else has this problem? Copy the files from the CD into your Windows/Temp directory and then run Setup.exe from there.
Page: 1 of 1