Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EMI Resource Viewer 2.6 released

Page: 1 of 1
 john_doe
04-24-2003, 6:36 PM
Hi there,

today I found a backup CD and guess what was on it - the source code to the EMI Resource Viewer which I thougt was lost for good in a HD accident.

Now it can play Wvc files and save them as Wave files; and it can decompile the Lua scripts into very readable Lua code (thanks to Igor Skochinsky who gave me the source code to this). It is based on the stand-alone tool which does the same task.

Also thanks to james_isaac here on the board who told me you can't open files straight off the CD (it worked for me once but today it didn't) so I also fixed this.

You can download it here: http://gamefileformats.the-underdogs.org/files/emi-viewer-2.6.zip)
 bgbennyboy
04-24-2003, 10:14 PM
I both love and hate you :p

I was starting to knock up an EMI ripper mainly as a test thing and because you seemed to have stopped yours.

Excellent stuff! I havent found any problems with it, perhaps make the code public this time so you dont loose it? :)
Annotation support for things like the voice files would be a nifty future addition.
 john_doe
04-24-2003, 10:28 PM
The code is so ugly even I had some problems to understand what exactly I was thinking when I did this...
The code is 2 1/2 years old and I nearly completely changed my coding style in that time...I'm ashamed of the code....
However, I might release code snippets or specs sometime.

Hmm...I'll think about the annotations. I don't think that's too hard to implement...
 bgbennyboy
04-24-2003, 10:59 PM
Yes specs, if not source we want specs!
'We' being me of course, its always nice to have the stuff documented.
 jannar85
04-28-2003, 1:43 PM
I love you!
Page: 1 of 1