Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I have an idea about info brokers

Page: 1 of 1
 eastwestwarrior
04-24-2003, 4:09 PM
How cool would it be if there were info brokers in cantinas and places like that? The brokers could be controled by comp. or by an employee of Sony Online. The info brokers could tell the whereabouts of persons with bounties on them, general info, and info about joining various missions, clans, or criminal organizations. Reply with your thoughts!

:fett: :jawa :eets: :crawler:
 Wraith 8
04-24-2003, 4:24 PM
yeah.. that would be great.. i believe a member of these forums tried to make a secret information PA... but it didnt really work out :D.. but i think with the right ways.. and the right people.. it could work :D
 Sunshine Badass
04-24-2003, 7:54 PM
Where is D_S anyway??? :D :D :D

In my opinion, I think players should be the ones who deal in info. Not "God" characters that know things becasue life is recorded. ;)

Just imagine. You run a cantina and all teh local BH's come to YOU for their info. You could hire people to be your contacts across the galaxy, bringing back facts on people and rumors of whereabouts. You could then sell the info and your reputation could be known throughout the galaxy. :D
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-25-2003, 5:11 PM
Yeah, that is a great idea- but I don't think it'd work well. Unless it was about things that wouldn't be posted on the net. Like locations of things and such. I just think someone would post information. But I believe there is some sort of service in the game like a message board in game.
 Exar_reborn
04-26-2003, 1:54 AM
Ok well in Star Wars that actually exists. its called the Bothan Spy Network. plenty of info from them. each clan does a little investigating and then provides the info the paying customers
 Exar_reborn
04-26-2003, 2:18 AM
Just remembered if you go to the SWvault they have a really cool story about a bothan spy nuth the bothan spy is the name I believe (very good)
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-26-2003, 11:20 AM
*bump* There's that damn edit button again, can't seem to find it! Wraith, where is it again? :p
Page: 1 of 1