Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Open Week 2003

Page: 1 of 1
 mymipage
04-23-2003, 4:15 PM
This years Open Week will probably be around July or August this year. For those of you people who do not visit the BSBC or haven't done so for more than a year you will not know what the Open Week is. The BSBC is a week of entertainment for people all around the MI Community. The week cosists of many events in which prizes are given out. The event has run for the last two years and has been reasonably sucsessful, that is why it will be run again this year.

I want people to give suggestions on events we could run, prizes we could give away and anything else you think would make the event bigger and better than the previous years.

Thanks.

PS: Last years caricatures are done but they were never posted on the BSBC, that is mostly my fault - sorry!
 Junior™
05-05-2003, 1:50 PM
I certainly want another treasure hunt.

It was fun last year...
 Gaia
05-07-2003, 11:30 AM
I wasn't here for the last year open week, thus I don't know how it works.
A treasure hut sound interesting, btw :)
 Gabez
06-02-2003, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by mymipage
PS: Last years caricatures are done but they were never posted on the BSBC, that is mostly my fault - sorry! Er, well can't you just post them now?
 mymipage
06-04-2003, 8:58 PM
Nope, Mojo's down. And even if it wasn't, Atalante still has a lot of them and I'd like to post them all together
 Yufster
06-05-2003, 6:11 AM
I suggest large cash prizes, sent specifically to me via air mail. Or even just the local service, because you're irish and we all share the same backwater. On the other hand I suppose hard cash would suffice. If you were feeling really generous you could give hard cash.
 Haggis
06-06-2003, 11:57 AM
If there's going to be a Treasure Hunt of some sort, http://miac.mimayhem.com) would be glad to participate. *cough*whaddyameanplug*cough*
 Joshi
06-06-2003, 2:50 PM
Hum, Haggis, i have no idea what you're talking about, why don't you explain to everyone what MIAC is?;)
 Haggis
06-06-2003, 6:03 PM
Okay, if you insist... :D MIAC stands for the Monkey Island Art Connection, and it's currently dedicated to creating some sort of 'hub' for the Monkey Island community to learn and talk about art. Not fan art, but er... museum art. There's a new forum on http://miac.mimayhem.com/discuss) - and I've already received some nice feedback on it:
I would like to comment on how you have turned MIAC into what appears to be an unholy and incredibly stupid website. What the hell does this have to do with Monkey Island anymore? I don't want to read pretentious views on classic paintings! I want to read sarcastically written pretentious views on incredibly bad pictures of Guybrush!

This has absolutely nothing to do with Monkey Island, I don't see why people are going to take it seriously.
So if you aren't going to believe me... you'll certainly want to visit the MIAC after reading this wonderful review.

*insert smiley with brown teeth here*
 KyleC
06-26-2003, 10:23 AM
If the caricatures are done then you could post them for this years open week (seeing as how new caricatures would probably present the same predicament as last year). Treasure hunt sounds cool and TMOGT would also gladly participate. I Kinda forgot how it works though, so could someone explain it to me again.

:c3po: Anyone else noticed that this threepio smilie looks more like a fish?
 ED
06-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Oh Fangames.co.uk (http://www.fangames.co.uk) would be happy to take part as always. I hope this gets sorted and isn't when I'm on holiday. Oh and that internet explorer doesn't crash for that week like it has the last two years.
 mymipage
06-27-2003, 10:45 PM
The Open Week will be running from the 11th to the 17th of August, is that ok?
 Gabez
06-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Sounds good to me!

WWHS will help if you need it. ;
 mymipage
06-28-2003, 6:41 PM
I'm sure I will
 ED
07-10-2003, 7:52 AM
Well I'm on holiday for all that time (in fact the whole month of Aug) and so will not be able to take part and nor will fangames, sorry.
 Cutthroat_Nick
07-16-2003, 10:13 AM
A PRIZE!
Hey, I'm happy with winning a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle. I have no idea why I want it, but they do seem to come in use. Maybe a piece of string, now THAT is handy!
 mymipage
08-09-2003, 3:01 PM
The Open Week has been put back because of the Mojo downtime
 Junior™
08-09-2003, 4:31 PM
Pity.

Though I'm happy to see the Mini-BSBC growing... :)
Page: 1 of 1