Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Crafting of Items

Page: 1 of 1
 Evad
04-22-2003, 4:59 PM
I know that the Devs have said that it will be possible to somehow attach your name to items that you have created if you are a crafter, so that people know it was you that made it. I was wondering if anyone has heard of them allowing you not only your name, but also the upload of a small jpg "logo" to accompany your name, so that your "company," as it were, would get noticed by name, and "corporate" logo?
 Wraith 8
04-22-2003, 5:13 PM
LOGO's will not be in the game... to only thing you are able to make is a sign for a store you may have.... and just like logo or patches on the shoulder for the PA your with.. .. its not in.. only the abbreviation of your PA will be alongside your name in the ifo of you....

Sorry man.. i wished they were in..
 Evad
04-22-2003, 5:33 PM
That's cool, thanks for the info Wraith. I can totally understand the issues with allowing it, especially as far as continuity goes. You wouldn't want a player to create a droid or blaster, and then have a pic of Homer Simpson, or the Weezer logo on it. Unfortunately, if they did allow the upload, I'm sure we would see stuff like that.
 Wraith 8
04-22-2003, 5:40 PM
Originally posted by Evad
That's cool, thanks for the info Wraith. I can totally understand the issues with allowing it, especially as far as continuity goes. You wouldn't want a player to create a droid or blaster, and then have a pic of Homer Simpson, or the Weezer logo on it. Unfortunately, if they did allow the upload, I'm sure we would see stuff like that. thats ok :D what are mods for :p. and yeah you are right.. and thats i think one of the reasons.. but it also would require and extra databse to hold the images and and it would increase load times.. and all that stuff :D
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-23-2003, 1:04 AM
I like the idea of being able to sport =A= on my shoulder! It reminds me of my days when I used to play Rogue Spear online.
 Dark Moon
04-24-2003, 4:16 PM
Possibly also while looking at the description of the crafted weapon or item it would give the name of master craftsman who created it?
 Wraith 8
04-24-2003, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by Dark Moon
Possibly also while looking at the description of the crafted weapon or item it would give the name of master craftsman who created it? i believe so yes.. but logo's not :D
 Dark Moon
04-25-2003, 4:12 PM
That's great, so everybody here will know who made their ultra powerful Vibro Axes and Mandalorian Armors ;) HahA. It's good that there aren't any logos, some people would definetely get a little out of hand heh...
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-26-2003, 11:26 AM
Actually, I don't think you'll see every joe sixpack wearing Mandalorian Armor. I think it's going to be rare.
 Exar_reborn
04-26-2003, 1:45 PM
To have something of that caliber, it would take a master armoursmith and would be really hard to craft even then. But if you do have it your gonna be a wanted man, by me!!!
 BobaFettWp
04-27-2003, 1:40 AM
I think madalorian armour will be one of those things that is gunna be near impossible to get like jedi. Cause remember that we the people need to create it, its just not planted there in the game.
 Dark Moon
04-28-2003, 3:08 PM
What if a Krayt Dragon ate some guy wearing mandalorian armor, and then when you killed it you would receive the items in it's stomach... That's just a scenario, but I can see high-level creatures dropping good armors and weapons, maybe not mandalorian armor though... Maybe there could be a very powerful bounty hunter enemy in a quest or something that would drop it, or maybe the schematics. Of course it would still be cool if master armorsmiths could craft it, adding more customizability to it, and different colors and levels of...
:D shininess:D
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-28-2003, 7:41 PM
I think if a kryat dragon ate a guy with mandalorian armor, that kryat dragon would have a had time passing it, if you know what I'm saying. Lol!!
 Dark Moon
04-29-2003, 3:20 PM
Lol, yeah... Those suckers do have some mean teeth though!
Page: 1 of 1