Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Woah... TRIGUN IS AWESOME!!!

Page: 6 of 6
 topshot
06-15-2003, 7:19 PM
No, I was just asking if anybody knew where I could some sprites or whatever. I wish they had it on there, though. That would've rocked.

As for the sprites, no go. Goin' to have go the old fashioned way and edit an existing .GIF from my files to make Vash.
 Lunatic Jedi
06-17-2003, 5:10 AM
Guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh... guh...

:eek:

Adult Swim is no longer showing Trigun. Instead they're showing... guh... REIGN: THE CONQUEROR!

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM?!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

They've already played the whole Reign series at least three times now! Trigun was nearing the end of its second series, and I WANTED TO SEE THE END DAMNIT! :mad:

WE MUST KILL THE ADULT SWIM PROGRAMMING DIRECTORS!!! END THE TYRANNY!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
 topshot
06-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Did it ever occur to you that there are other things to do besides watching Trigun? Just a thought, don't take it personally. I agree with you. Trigun is a heck lot more interesting than Reign. But what about that Kikaider? That's kind of cool, in my opinion. :cool:
 Lunatic Jedi
06-18-2003, 9:28 AM
Kikaider is pretty good (the reworked animation is beautiful) but I miss Trigun! My only real problem is that they ended it when the series was almost over! WOULD IT HAVE HURT THEM SO MUCH TO SHOW IT FOR ONLY FOUR MORE EPISODES?! :mad:

Anyway, back on the subject of Kikaider, I once saw in one of the Adult Swim "packaging" segments that at one point there is a "sweet robot make-out scene!"

Shweet! I like robots, I like making out. As far as I'm concerned, robots making out is just a more-awesome combination of both! ;)

Anyway, what I really want to know is, WHICH ROBOTS MAKE OUT?! I know one of them must be Jiro/Kikaider, but what's the other one?

Tell me...

TELL ME!
 topshot
06-18-2003, 11:10 AM
I haven't got the slightest slightest clue as of yet. :(
 Lunatic Jedi
06-19-2003, 3:33 AM
ROBOTS MAKING OUT!!! HOOTY HOO!!! WHEE!!!

*Dances with disturbing anticipation*
 BongoBob
06-19-2003, 8:07 AM
DAMN THEM! They put Reign and Lupin 3 in place of Trigun and Cowboy Bebop??>WTF IS UP WITH THAT! Lupin is alright, but Reign flat out sucks. Trigun and Bebop kicked more ass alone then them combined! Those Bastards!FIRE EVERYTHING AT THOSE ARSEHOLES!
:urpblast:
:sniper9:
:blubeam:
:headblast
:hatchrun:
:flamethro
 Lunatic Jedi
06-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Who cares?! ROBOTS MAKING OUT!!! :D
 topshot
06-20-2003, 12:55 AM
Weird. Just.....weird.......:eyeraise:

Robots making out?!?!? What is the world coming to these days?!?!?!?!? :confused:

Bob replied:
DAMN THEM! They put Reign and Lupin 3 in place of Trigun and Cowboy Bebop??>WTF IS UP WITH THAT! Lupin is alright, but Reign flat out sucks. Trigun and Bebop kicked more ass alone then them combined! Those Bastards!FIRE EVERYTHING AT THOSE ARSEHOLES!

I actually have to agree with you on that one, Bob. Maybe it's time we form an angry mob together and go over to their offices...........heheheheheheh.......:evil2::evil2::evil2:
 Lunatic Jedi
06-22-2003, 4:53 AM
Uh... yeah... I'll be right there...

*Watches robots making out*
 Loki GM
06-29-2003, 12:18 AM
I dont think that robots should makeout

I havent seen what they have on therer for a week or 2 but taking off Trigun sucks but replacing bebop with Lupin isnt that bad GO LUPIN :D :D :D
 Lunatic Jedi
06-29-2003, 12:20 AM
Actually, I recently found out that Trigun is coming back July 6.

*Phew*
 Loki GM
06-29-2003, 12:24 AM
yay *starts throwing confety (not the correct spelling but who cares)*

TRIGUN IS AWSOME

I saw the dvd boxset for $200 on my trip and felt sick
 Lunatic Jedi
06-29-2003, 12:27 AM
I'm gonna get the boxset in a little while.
 Lion275
06-29-2003, 12:29 AM
I havent seen what they have on therer for a week or 2 but taking off Trigun sucks but replacing bebop with Lupin isnt that bad GO LUPIN

Dude Cowboy Bebop is way better than Lupin :mad:
 Loki GM
06-29-2003, 12:37 AM
back off cowboy

Ive seen a few episodes of cowboy bebop and I would like to watch the rest but im not gona sit up at about 1 in the morning for it but I would stay up at 1 to watch Lupin :D :D :D
 Reclaimer
07-11-2003, 7:05 PM
:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :mace: :swear: :swear: :swear:
 Reclaimer
 Reclaimer
 Reclaimer
 Reclaimer
07-11-2003, 7:06 PM
 Lion275
07-11-2003, 7:47 PM
Please-pull over sir,

Ok now what did you think you were doing posting 5 times in a row huh? Walk this straight line....hmmm....I see, so youve been drinking eh? *Jus-st one sir*, Riiiiight
 topshot
07-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Jeez, he's stealing our spot light! :mad: It's time to do something about this. :twogun: :twogun: :twogun:

*Throws Reclaimer in the big house.*

That oughta teach him for his act of PWI (Posting While Intoxicated). ;)

Now Bebop and Lupin, they're both good anime. I don't know what makes 'em both good, but yeah, they're both interesting. Who's with me on this?
 Lion275
07-11-2003, 11:00 PM
I agree there both very good, it's just i like Bebop better :p

Triguns cool too btw
 Loki GM
07-11-2003, 11:18 PM
I also agree that they are both good anime but I like Lupin better :D :D :D

Triguns back yay

LOVE AND PEACE LOVE AND PEACE LOVE AND PEACE LOVE AND PEACE LOVE AND PEACE LOVE AND PEACE :p :p :p
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-12-2003, 3:01 AM
Choto mato! Choto, choto-chodia!

Trigun is the best! Like the guy said "I wish my insurance girls looked that good"

Lupin III I have to admit is pretty funny, but if I had my choice between that and Bebop... cya later Fuji-cakes! Cowboy Bebop is rules! :cool:

My adult swim would be like this

7:00 Cowboy Bebop
7:30 Trigun
8:00 Neon Genesis Evangelion
8:30 The Gundam hour (different Gundam series)
9:30 Tenchi Muyo
10:00 Anime movie (usually Ninja Scroll)
11:00 Macross (Robotech)
11:30 Dragon Ball
12:00 Dragon Ball Z
12:30 Dragon Ball GT
1:00 Ruroni Kenshin
1:30 Yu Yu Hakesho
2:00 Beastwars
2:30 the Retro anime hour (Lupin III)
3:30 the Retro action toon hour (GI Joe, Transformers, Robotech)

Basically it would be all anime and cool tunes and no "cartoon cartoons" :D
 Jo
07-12-2003, 3:16 AM
i like your scheduel chief...and i just started watching Trigun, it is awesome...now i need some good pics of Vash the Stampede
 Lunatic Jedi
07-12-2003, 4:39 AM
My schedule would look more like this:

7:00 Trigun
7:30 Trigun
8:00 Trigun
8:30 Trigun
9:00 Trigun
9:30 Cowboy Bebop
10:00 Cowboy Bebop
10:30 Cowboy Bebop
11:00 Cowboy Bebop
11:30 Dual! Parellel Trouble Adventure
12:00 Dual! Parellel Trouble Adventure
12:30 Dual! Parellel Trouble Adventure
1:00 Dual! Parellel Trouble Adventure
1:30 Trigun

As you can see, I have a very diverse taste in anime. :p
 Loki GM
07-12-2003, 4:53 AM
well since you guys made one I might as well

7:30 Lupin III
8:00 yu yu hakusho
8:30 outlaw star
9:00 excell saga
9:30 gunsmith cats
10:00Rurouni Kenshin (it would be somewhere at the start but I ****ing hate the american voice acting)
10:30 cowboy bebpop (:D :D :D)
11:00 inuyasha
11:30 .hack
12:00 origional transformers
12:30 voltron
1:00-3:00 anime movies
 Sam
07-12-2003, 6:21 AM
Ive only seen a few episodes of trigun and my first thought about vash was to compare him to spike.

1.They both are badasses
2.They both have guns.
3.They both look cool.

now after a few more episodes of trigun I realize that Vash and Spike have way diffrent personalitys.

1.I have never seen Vash fire his gun yet....
2.Vash is a peace driven person
3.Vash is funnier
4.Vash is less serious

in conclusion

TRIGUN ROCKS
 Lunatic Jedi
07-12-2003, 6:37 AM
Just wait until the last few episodes. Then you find out about the ultimate ass-kicker, Millions Knives. He's the dude in my sig. Think of him as a genocidal, gun-toting version of Vicious.

And he's considerably more insane. Yeah. :evil1:
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-12-2003, 8:49 AM
Originally posted by Loki GM
well since you guys made one I might as well

7:30 Lupin III
8:00 yu yu hakusho
8:30 outlaw star
9:00 excell saga
9:30 gunsmith cats
10:00Rurouni Kenshin (it would be somewhere at the start but I ****ing hate the american voice acting)
10:30 cowboy bebpop (:D :D :D)
11:00 inuyasha
11:30 .hack
12:00 origional transformers
12:30 voltron
1:00-3:00 anime movies

I forgot a lot of good shows :p

My line up would be ours put together. I don't think I'd ever leave home with a line up like that.

As far as Spike and Vash, they both are very unique charecters. The situtaions in their lives are totally different. The whole concept of both of those shows is what makes those charecters great. I'd have to say, though, that Cowboy Bebop is more mainstream. It would be easier to compare it to outlaw star; they're both futuristic bounty hunters traveling with misfits through space looking for work.

Trigun, on the other hand, is a totally different plot about a post apocalyptic time in life where humans are forced to start over on a new planet and the only people who know this are Vash and Knives.
 Seph
07-12-2003, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by $am
[B]
1.I have never seen Vash fire his gun yet....
2.Vash is less serious

what are you insane?! oh yea you havn't gotten to the gung-ho guns. and vash get way more seruious. and he pulled it out like last night or the night before
 Loki GM
07-12-2003, 4:01 PM
yes chief we both have very kickass lineups

I think that the first 4 episodes of Trigun are the best because their so ****in funny

this has kinda turned into the official anime thread
 topshot
07-12-2003, 5:41 PM
Yeah, we should re-name this thread to something like "Anime Talk Shop" or somethin'. That'd be a real eye-catcher for most anime lovers from my perspective. :cool:
 Loki GM
07-12-2003, 5:50 PM
*legato walks into the room still eating chicken and forces topshot to shoot himself in the knee for trying to change the name of the thread to something else*

legato has spoken

*legato walks off again*
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-12-2003, 5:54 PM
Why don't we start a new thread all about anime? We should start another anime themed avatar revolution. The Cowboy Bebop one was the best. We had almost every charecter in an avatar (I was Mohammed). :D
 Loki GM
07-12-2003, 8:27 PM
why cowboy bebop

I think that we should start up a trigun avatar revolution but since 3 of us already have one from trigun we probably would want to go with something else

speaking of avatars does anyone have a few good wolfwood pics I could have (as you can see my curent one didnt work out so well) :D :D :D
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-12-2003, 8:58 PM
why cowboy bebop

I think that we should start up a trigun avatar revolution but since 3 of us already have one from trigun we probably would want to go with something else

speaking of avatars does anyone have a few good wolfwood pics I could have (as you can see my curent one didnt work out so well) :D :D :D

Sure.

Back then (July 2002), I was the only guy that openly admitted to liking Trigun. Everyone else was hooked on Bebop, Outlaw Star, basically whatever was hot on Toonami. It wasn't until the show actually made it on Cartoon Network that people started getting interested.

Anyway, yeah I'd like a cool Trigun Revolution, though the revolution thing has been done to death. How about The Donut Faction, since Vash loves donuts so much :D. We should do it so everybody is a different charecter, has that person's quote in their sig.

Here's a thought; we VOTE on who is what charecter! We make the list of Trigun people and vote on who gets who. Between a dozen good guys, a dozen extras, and 2 dozen bad guys, we should be set.

Any suggestions? :confused:
 Loki GM
07-12-2003, 9:08 PM
Originally posted by [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
Sure.

Back then (July 2002), I was the only guy that openly admitted to liking Trigun. Everyone else was hooked on Bebop, Outlaw Star, basically whatever was hot on Toonami. It wasn't until the show actually made it on Cartoon Network that people started getting interested.

Anyway, yeah I'd like a cool Trigun Revolution, though the revolution thing has been done to death. How about The Donut Faction, since Vash loves donuts so much :D. We should do it so everybody is a different charecter, has that person's quote in their sig.

Here's a thought; we VOTE on who is what charecter! We make the list of Trigun people and vote on who gets who. Between a dozen good guys, a dozen extras, and 2 dozen bad guys, we should be set.

Any suggestions? :confused:

I always liked Trigun the first time I saw it was back a year or 2 I just like the fact that its on toonami

do you mean have donuts as AVs or what
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
07-12-2003, 9:17 PM
I always liked Trigun the first time I saw it was back a year or 2 I just like the fact that its on toonami

do you mean have donuts as AVs or what

Naw, just have a name that's totally unique to Trigun so when people who don't know us will be like "WTF?" We need a name that's grabs their attention.

Unique things about Trigun...

Donuts
Black cat
Gun Ho guns
Sand Steamer
Bernedelli Insurance Society
S.E.E.D.S.
Humanoid Typhoon

Just brain storming. :)
 Loki GM
07-12-2003, 10:19 PM
so thats just what well be calling it instead of a revolution