Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is there a patron/Vassal type deal?

Page: 1 of 1
 Exar_reborn
04-19-2003, 4:18 PM
How exactly will players be linked to one another? Just association, or will we have a monarch/patron/vassal deal for our PAs?
 setsuko
04-19-2003, 7:34 PM
No, no AC2 type of deal.
 Sunshine Badass
04-19-2003, 11:57 PM
To start a faction, you will need at least 5 members by the end of the first week of your new PA's life... A leader is chosen by the members, and the player with the most people loyal to them becomes the new leader. This is effective in dealing with unfair or harsh leaders without disbanding the whole PA altogether.
 BobaFettWp
04-20-2003, 10:53 AM
I read for jedi Exar that you can take one under your wing and show him the ways. But they would really have to trust you because of the fact that since you know there jedi you could just let that out and that person would die.
 Jackrabbit
04-20-2003, 11:46 AM
You know, my friend has been saying that since he heard about this game - Jedi PCs can take other Jedi PCs under their wing and teach them - but I haven't read anything about it. Do you have a link where you found this?
 Exar_reborn
04-20-2003, 11:48 AM
But other than that, we just know people by association? So like if I have a friend and Im introducing him to the game hes has no real link between the two chars in game?
 Exar_reborn
04-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Also, if a PA has a castes system the only way people know what rank you are is by someone telling them?
 Jan Gaarni
04-20-2003, 12:45 PM
Edit button, people.
It's there for a reason. :)
 Wraith 8
04-20-2003, 12:55 PM
lol.. wel that is what i was gonna say :D...

here is the edit button :D
 Jackrabbit
04-20-2003, 1:31 PM
Hehe, you guys make a good team.

Well, as somebody said in another thread, the PA system is all official. So, when the leader(s) of a PA give you a rank, it's more than just a title; you get perks and stuff according to what the leader(s) decide.

Does that clear things up, or am I just confusing?
 setsuko
04-20-2003, 5:34 PM
Lol @ mods! :D

And no, what person made you get SWG has nothing to do with things ingame, unless you decide to roleplay such a relation. You could play a players uncle, mentor, tormentor etc, but it's RP only. No ingame systems for that.
 Wraith 8
04-22-2003, 5:22 PM
*takes bows..*why thank you, you 2 :D
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-23-2003, 1:21 PM
That was downright hilarious!

I'm not too familiar with the vassal/patron system, seeing how I didn't like AC. I started with EQ first. One thing I did like about AC though was that you could be an archer and kill things without getting into melee. You couldn't do that in EQ, which is gay because even the Ranger's epic bow couldn't kill something. So, I think what made me go back to EQ was just that I had a lot of time into my character. Monks are uber.
Page: 1 of 1