Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

In game music question

Page: 1 of 1
 SPACE CLAM
04-19-2003, 2:19 AM
I just downloaded the demo and played it, and I'm wondering if you guys were going to stick with the MIDI music to keep with the feel of the old game, or if you were planning on using something more recent to keep with brining Dark Forces up to date with modern FPS's?

PS If the first level is anything to go by this mod is going to be great :D
 The_One
04-19-2003, 5:40 AM
Hi, I'm glad you enjoyed the demo! :)

We are planning on using the midi music from Dark Forces for the purposes of authenticity. Also, Dark Force's music is unique and very memorable. The alternative would be to get John Williams' original score, but none of the classic music from Dark Forces would be present. We feel the Dark Forces music is one of the things that creates the DF atmoshpere we have all come to love...
 xcountryman03
04-19-2003, 11:21 AM
ok...i may sound like an idiot when i ask this but i haven't been here in a while so i wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything.......are you guys still going to revamp the old music like lundquist's ST?
 The_One
04-19-2003, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by xcountryman03
ok...i may sound like an idiot when i ask this but i haven't been here in a while so i wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything.......are you guys still going to revamp the old music like lundquist's ST?

Yep :) Bear in mind we are not using Lundquist's - that is seperate, we are doing ours "in team".
 xcountryman03
04-20-2003, 4:55 PM
ahhh ok i understand now.....awesome
Page: 1 of 1