Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Won't play disc 2 all of a sudden - please read !

Page: 1 of 1
 Sinderella
04-18-2003, 2:11 PM
Hi,

I got onto Disc 2 last night and it worked fine while I played my way through the start and middle of year 2. Then today when I went to start again, it wouldn't load properly from disc 2.

I even tried loading up on disc 1 then switching, it loads disc 1 fine, but won't agree to play disc 2. Instead of playing disc 2, the screen crashes out kinda and another program called Assert Handler starts running. Assert Handler is just a black, blank screen. When I come out of that back to desktop, I get a windows notice that says:

Assert Handler
Istate.cpp (682):pTString

OK

It won't let me hit OK, and my only choice is to ctrl-alt-del it, which then crashes Grim Fandango.

I've tried rebooting the computer etc, nothing so far as worked. I'm running on XP and have a sufficient system to play it, although it does fail on some directx things in the test the system bit. I've tried re-installing directx as well, but to no avail.

Please help me, I'm really enjoying this game.

Sinderella.
 scabb
04-20-2003, 7:19 PM
The only plausible solution is that disc 2 has been bullied and beaten up, or never worked to begin with.
 GendoTheGreat
04-24-2003, 11:16 AM
What you have there is a bug, and a pretty severe one at that. Either you've got yourself a piss-poor pirate CD, or you're having a major major software conflict. Try doing a full install of the game, see if that helps (read the troubleshooting guide on the CD about making sure all major files have been installed.) At least then you'll know whether or not it's a problem with the CD.
Page: 1 of 1