Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Yuuzhan Vong

Page: 1 of 1
 Exar_reborn
04-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know if they're going to be in game? I'm not talkin by the masses but for like missions. I'd really like to see some. For those of you who don't know who they are. They're a race or Orc looking beings that totally demolished Courosant and turned it into a jungle like planet for their own.
 StarCords
04-18-2003, 11:36 AM
No, I would say they're out of the picture. SWG takes place in between ANH and ESB, and they don't show up for a while after ROTJ.
 Exar_reborn
04-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Yeah the MAIN forces, but I know that around that time there were scouts from the "world ships" that would report info back. And after I read a storie on the Vault about a Bothan spy that was hired by a Vong priest for some info work I was think maybe there will be a few around that would want information from scouts and such. :kiadi: I am wise beyond my years.
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-18-2003, 12:57 PM
The Yuuzhan Vong could show up- but like it was already said, it'd be scouts or what not. At this point in the galaxy, no body has ever heard of the Yuuzhan Vong- so it'd be a mission where you go some place after hearing of a strange humanoid or something. Good point though.
 legameboy
04-18-2003, 4:03 PM
Yuuzhan Vong are creepy, but they actually may show up by hordes if the devs decide after awhile to continue the time-line so we could go from between ANH and ESB to ESB and then in between ESB and RotJ and then RotJ and...

actually, there is very little chance except for what unfrozen caveman said
 BobaFettWp
04-19-2003, 11:21 AM
How could you have them I mean they arent affected by the force and there one of the strongest things in the galaxy how could a simple human like us beat at thing like that? Ponder on that Exar.
 Exar_reborn
04-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Ahhh, one of the great things LucasArts has done for us

Different species. It wouldn't really matter that they don't contain any Midi-Chlorians anyway b/c none of us will become jedi. Plus a couple heavy rifle blasts would kill them anyway. Like I said earlier their would only be scouts and priests the two LOWEST forms of their Castes system. So they wouldn;t be that powerful anyway.
 BobaFettWp
04-27-2003, 1:47 AM
Still there just not gunna bring in a species and just keep them as one thing. Then there would be no depth to them. They would never get any better and everyone would just forget about them.
 Exar_reborn
04-27-2003, 2:23 AM
Not if they linked them to a big bounty, if you know or have read the history of the Vong then you would know what I'm talking about, they had all the scouts and priests out while the world ships approached this galaxy
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-27-2003, 11:42 AM
I think you've already established the fact that Scouts and priests will be seen, if the devs feel that they should be added as NPC's. My guess is they won't even be in the game. If they are it's no big deal.

I don't think there's much else to say about this topic.
 BobaFettWp
05-07-2003, 10:27 AM
I dont think they will add them due to the fact taht they dont fit into the storyline and they cant add much to the game.
 UnfrozenCaveman
05-07-2003, 11:45 AM
I believe that's already been voiced, but I do concur.
 Damorith
05-13-2003, 10:02 PM
I remember seeing somewhere other than the ususal races there will only be the ones that will show up at the theme parks like jaba and the jawas and other creatures but they are totaly out of place in this game.
 Reborn Outcast
05-18-2003, 2:16 PM
This game is going to follow the storyline of the books aswell I think. Which means that there will not be any Vong because they were only made known (even though there were scouts) way after ROTJ.
 UnfrozenCaveman
05-18-2003, 2:29 PM
The game is following a frozen timeline. Which means that time will hardly pass by in the linear timeline of the Star Wars Universe. We'll be lucky if we get to the RotJ. The devs decided this because they felt if RotJ was approached it would give an unfair advantage to the Rebels. At this point the civil war is at it's peak and both factions are strong. Seems logical, don't you think?
 Lord_Vessen
05-18-2003, 3:00 PM
Yes I do think...well only sometimes, but I think they should progress it just a bit. Maybe. I think that they should let the players decide, I.E. Fight for it. They could have an expansion or so after space in which the players have to duke it out to see who wins the war. Then in the sequel the winning team would be in power and the losing team would have to crawl back up again and try to win. My idea is kind of stupid so take or leave it.

Vessen out.
 setsuko
05-18-2003, 5:29 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Vessen
They could have an expansion or so after space in which the players have to duke it out to see who wins the war. Then in the sequel the winning team would be in power and the losing team would have to crawl back up again and try to win. My idea is kind of stupid so take or leave it.
Vessen out.

It's just... it's just... it's just that then it would not be Star Wars anymore. It would be a WW2Online clone. And what about all the neutrals? People who are not interested in the GCW? All the crafters, the merchants, what would be their incentive to play? Sorry, but there's too many holes in it for it to float. ;)

But I agree on the core of your idea, that it would be nice if there were a way for you to notice an actual impact on your actions in the GWC. Perhaps having one planet where the ongoing war actually alters which faction controls cities, and NPC spawns. Mind you, this would not have to change the plotline forward, time would still be freezed. But you would have a reason ('cept for pure satanical sadistic pleasure) to wage the war. So... I think that the 'spirit' of your idea is righteous, but not its manifestation! :)
 Lord_Vessen
05-18-2003, 6:58 PM
Now that I reread it I agree, I guess it would be more fun if it was just frozen...
 setsuko
05-18-2003, 7:47 PM
Yes. The perfect way, for me that is, would be having the timeframe of the movies frozen solid, while the GCW raged on, where those who like the GCQ action would notice distinct effects of their efforts. Then everyone would be pleased! ('cept for the "but I wanna be at the jedi academyyyyyy!" guys)
 Lord_Vessen
05-18-2003, 10:20 PM
'cept for the "but I wanna be at the jedi academyyyyyy!" guys
No kidding, hey if you want to be a Jedi that bad, there is a game called Knights of The Old Republic you know.
 Jatari Bazrak
05-22-2003, 9:32 PM
No, they aren't going to be in...(for our sake.)

They also have started Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
 Lord_Vessen
05-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Exactly. Just get a Jedi game if you want to be Jedi.
Page: 1 of 1