Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wookies wearing pants? Not in my Galaxy!

Page: 1 of 1
 Jackrabbit
04-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Wookies don’t wear clothes, correct? At least no Wookie I’ve ever seen. So, my question is, what happens ingame when a Wookie puts on a piece of armor or something? Does it show up on his character? Does it stay invisible? Can Wookies even wear things ingame? I haven’t heard anything about this, and I’m very curious. If anybody knows the answer, please enlighten me.

The Wookie says: :wookiee: "Raaarrrr!"
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-17-2003, 10:55 AM
That indeed is a good topic. I don't think wookies will be wearing pants (lol@ your subject). And if they wear armor I think it should be shown on the avatar.
 setsuko
04-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Well, it does make sense that clothes and armour made for people 1,70 m tall would not work for wookies. However, it would also be unfair if wookies could not wear clothes or armour.

Specific tailors/armourmakin skills for tall characters, perhaps? :)
 legameboy
04-17-2003, 1:34 PM
well, maybe no clothes on the wookies but the armor should be able to be shown on the wookie
 setsuko
04-17-2003, 2:38 PM
Well... I came to think of the fact that thus far I haven't seen one single screenshot of a wookie in either armour or clothes. This question was better than I first thought, now I wanna know the truth! :)
 legameboy
04-17-2003, 2:51 PM
i guess we'll just have to wait for a dev to tell or just wait until the game comes out
 StarCords
04-17-2003, 4:49 PM
I hope it's bandoliers and armour. Period. Anything else would screw continuey(sp?).
 legameboy
04-17-2003, 4:52 PM
if they were to put clothes on wookies i would pinch myself 1000 times, you know maybe you could go to a hair dresser if you were a wookie and braid your fur :p
 Jackrabbit
04-17-2003, 4:56 PM
Yeah, I know it's a good question ;). I was sitting here thinking of my Wookie Jedi again (a character way down the road), and watching Episode II, and I noticed that all the Jedi have their light saber at their side. Well, I thought "It would be easy to notice a Wookie Jedi, because if they had a light saber at their side, it would be the only thing they wear." Then I said, "...HEY! I haven't seen a screen shot or movie of a Wookie with clothes on. They don't wear anything in the movies, maybe they can't wear clothes." So, I figured I'd post it. Maybe they said something about it a while ago, and I never heard it.
 legameboy
04-17-2003, 5:24 PM
wouldnt the wookies get hot in all that though?
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-17-2003, 8:53 PM
I think if wookies don't wear armor it's for continuity purposes. Otherwise, boo-ya.
 legameboy
04-17-2003, 9:45 PM
but then again the wookies fur might be tough enough to withstand bullets! :p
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-18-2003, 1:00 PM
Yeah, they may give a bonus to AC because of wookie fur or something. Kind of like how a monk has higher AC when they don't have armor then when they do.
 Abaddon
04-18-2003, 2:40 PM
i was googling :p there was a wookie with a shirt/cloak on, in some SW comic picture... never seen one with pants though.
 legameboy
04-18-2003, 4:06 PM
continuing from my last post, wookies could be like turkeys, they just have a tough hide
 RocketPack Jack
04-19-2003, 10:48 AM
U could come across a wookie going 007 on us, turn up 4 a PA war in a tuxedo armed with a silenced pistol.
"The names RAAAAARRRRRRRR. RAR RAAAAARRRRRRRR!"
:DUEL:
 swediot=)
04-20-2003, 7:08 AM
Originally posted by setsuko
Well... I came to think of the fact that thus far I haven't seen one single screenshot of a wookie in either armour or clothes. This question was better than I first thought, now I wanna know the truth! :) there is actually a screen shot in one of the swgalaxies.net newsletters showing the concept art for wookie clothing but its not really clothing its onlyves like bandage sort of things more like accessories and a puny cloak type things but defietly no pants i know my wookie isnt gona be completely without clothes hopefully i can get some goggles fro him or somthing but im probably gonna have the puny cloak kinda thing (what qui gon jinn pulls over his head when hes pretending to be a farmer on tatooine) you know bassically just to be different thatn your average wookie

and yes i think you can braid your furr ive seen concept art of that too
 BobaFettWp
04-20-2003, 10:51 AM
I hope they have like specail armor for wookies cauz I just cant picture chewbacca with some nice leather pants on.
 Jackrabbit
04-20-2003, 11:51 AM
I don't know much about Wookie culture, but I'm sure they have clothes of some kind.

Hahah. Remember when they tried to put those handcuffs on Chewie? Heheh
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-02-2003, 9:19 PM
Iam going to post this question for the FAQ... not that anyone will pay atention to it. :( Maybe if a lot of us ask this question it will get recognized.
 setsuko
06-02-2003, 9:30 PM
Gah! This thread was dead! No point in bringing it back just because I was watching a zombie flick tonight (28 days later).

Hmm... but then, I learnt something from it, I think.

*whack the thread furiously with a machete*

Die die die!

*whacks it again, for good measure*

Did it work? :D
 Jackrabbit
06-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Set doesn't like my thread :(. It's not entirely Patman's fault. We were talking about Wookies in the chat, I brought up this thread, and he decided to say something. I'm still wondering about this topic...

Please don't hate us Set. And...please put the machete down.
 Lord_Vessen
06-03-2003, 12:10 AM
"Put the weapon down, easy now."

Okay you two take her down from behind!
 Jan Gaarni
06-03-2003, 1:50 PM
Set! Set!! SET!!!

*gets Set's attention*

Ok, this is how you do it:

*Unagi*

There. :D
Page: 1 of 1