Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite R2-C-3P0 Scene

Page: 1 of 1
 Tesla
04-14-2003, 5:08 AM
So what's your fav R2-C-3P0 scene mine has to be the tattonie desert after they crash on the planet and then they argue over which way they want to go ,great scene :D
 Lynk Former
04-14-2003, 6:42 AM
The Ewoks scene, I mean come on. Threepio a god?! And howabout when Artoo was zappin that poor ewok! AHAHAHA!
 Echuu Shen-Jon
04-14-2003, 7:03 AM
I voted "other", because it's a hard choice! I like nearly every scene with Artoo and Threepio!
 coupes.
04-14-2003, 12:53 PM
of course the ewoks scene!

3po: "oh my head"

ewoks: "Laaaahhh! laaahhhh!" Laaaahhh! laaahhhh!"

i mean come on !! lol
 Jedi Skywalker
04-14-2003, 2:34 PM
Hey Tesla Trooper, nice thread because R2-D2 is my favourite droidcharacter in SW. I've voted Tatooine Desert but it was a hard choice!:D

All the scenes are nice, I also liked the scene where C3PO bumbs into R2-D2 on Jabba's sailing barge! And the scene in Cloud City wher C3PO asks R2-D2 if he trusts a city computer:r2d22:

I could've voted other but I thought that was the niced one!:cool:
 Echuu Shen-Jon
04-14-2003, 4:39 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Skywalker
...And the scene in Cloud City wher C3PO asks R2-D2 if he trusts a city computer:r2d2:... Yeah, I didn't thougt of that, but that's good too!
Here's one:

:c3po::
"Oh, hello. I don't believe we have been introduced!"
:r2d2::
*Whistles*
"Artoo-Detoo, a pleasure to meat you!
I am See-Threepio, human-cyborg relations!"
*bleeping*
"I beg your pardon, but what do you mean, "naked"?"
*bleeping*
"My parts are showing? My goodness! Oh!"

That's one of the good too. But it's in the prequel!
(I know, that Threepio hadn't plates on, at the moment. But there isn't a "naked" Threepio :D!)
 Darklighter
04-15-2003, 12:59 PM
I love the scene when they're in the desert, and R2 starts to go one way and they both start arguing...

C3PO: Where are you going?
R2: *beeps*
C3PO: Well I'm not going that way. It's much too rocky, this way is much easier. What makes you think they'll have settlements over there?
C3PO: Don't get technical with me.
R2: *whistles*
C3PO: What mission, what are you talking about?
C3PO: I've just about had enough of you. Go that way! You'll be malfunctioning within a day you you nearsighted scrap pile! *hits him on head* And don't let me catch you following me, begging for help, because you won't get it.
R2: *looks around, then back at 3PO and beeps*
C3PO: No more adventures, I'm not going that way.

Classic:D
 Jedi Skywalker
04-15-2003, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by Echuu
Yeah, I didn't thougt of that, but that's good too!
Here's one:

"Oh, hello. I don't believe we have been introduced!"
*Whistles*
"Artoo-Detoo, a pleasure to meat you!
I am See-Threepio, human-cyborg relations!"
*bleeping*
"I beg your pardon, but what do you mean, "naked"?"
*bleeping*
"My parts are showing? My goodness! Oh!"

That's one of the good too. But it's in the prequel!
(I know, that Threepio hadn't plates on, at the moment. But there isn't a "naked" Threepio :D!)

I've FORGOTTEN that one. Is also very cool. Also the moments were Artoo is alone or Treepio is alone are also very good. The moment Treepio interrupts a romantic moment between Han and Leia! That was also fun. ANy more nice moments we've forgotten?:confused:
 TK-99
04-15-2003, 5:06 PM
I like were there on thw Blockade Runner
 Tesla
04-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Hey Tesla Trooper, nice thread Thanks :D ,really i mean it ;)
 coupes.
04-15-2003, 11:53 PM
well, then if we include the prequels.. i like the scene at the very end of AOTC when 3PO puts his hand on R2, i think it was very well done by GL. Kinda makes you remember all those othe scenes and makes you think that's how it all started...

*wipes a tear*
 Tesla
04-16-2003, 12:07 AM
i like it on aotc when 3po has his head dragged by r2 and he says "oh this is such a drag" and then oh i'm quite beside myself":D so funny !!!!
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 1:46 PM
I voted for the Garage scene in ANH - assuming it's when R2 won't play the message back - but I liked all their scenes in the classic trilogy. :D Classic stuff. Those two droids really brought some good humour into the movies, and I remember they were one of the reasons why I wanted to see Star Wars in the first place.
 Jedi Skywalker
04-16-2003, 2:29 PM
I also like the scene where Artoo runs away to look for Obi-Wan and Threepio and Luke go to find him.:D

The little droid whistles a feeble reply, as Threepio poses mechanigly behind the little runaway

Threepio: Master Luke here is your rightful owner now. We'll have no more of that Obi-Wan Kenobi gibberish…and don't talk to me about your mission, either. You're fortunate he doesn't blast you in a million pieces right here

Or the scene where they are in front of the Cantina and someone walkes towards the stormtroopers and Threepio says: 'I don't like the look of this'

Those two rock!
 Carbon_sleeper
04-20-2003, 4:46 PM
for me it was just the look threepio gives Han when they're working on the Falcon. Threepio just told Han what need to be replaced, Han says, "Of course we'll have to replace it," then takes credit for figuring that out with chewie. To have no ability to give facial expressions, he does a great job of looking both confused and offended in that scene.
 dark jedi 8
04-28-2003, 7:45 PM
of the one's mentioned i'd have to say the ewok scenes. they were pretty funny.:)

though i did like 3po's part in AOTC, between the factory and the "die jedi dogs", that was great!:)
 Sam Fisher
05-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8
of the one's mentioned i'd have to say the ewok scenes. they were pretty funny.:)

though i did like 3po's part in AOTC, between the factory and the "die jedi dogs", that was great!:)

Yeah, and then "oh, what am I saying!?"
 Taos
05-01-2003, 11:15 AM
I enjoy all the scenes with those two, they are quite funny. :)

My favorite is in ROTJ '3po a god?' :lol:

Close second is when the two meet in TPM. :)
 dark jedi 8
05-03-2003, 6:57 PM
-"naked?!, what do you mean naked?"

yes, really funny.:D
 Jedi Skywalker
05-17-2003, 2:55 PM
In fact every scene was good with Threepio and R2D2
 StarCords
05-17-2003, 7:26 PM
Agreed.
 Echuu Shen-Jon
05-22-2003, 12:33 PM
It should also be forbidden to post: Agreed at StarWars.com!!! :D
And I agree with Jedi Skywalker! There it was again :p
 Kaiser Spaso
05-31-2003, 5:11 AM
Originally posted by Tesla Trooper
So what's your fav R2-C-3P0 scene mine has to be the tattonie desert after they crash on the planet and then they argue over which way they want to go ,great scene :D

i agree
 Lynk Former
05-31-2003, 6:39 AM
all those people who just posted "i agree" are sooooooo askin for it
 Jedi Skywalker
05-31-2003, 5:07 PM
Okay Lynk, they're asking for it.

But if we are including the prequeals what about this one. Before AOTC Threepio and R2 are asked by Luke to talk about everything hat happens and I like the part when R2 replies to Threepio about not getting any credits and Threepio gives credits to R2 because of the fact he brought Luke to Yoda
:)
 guybroom
01-22-2004, 6:31 PM
The one I like is on Padame's ship.

It goes something like:

:c3po2: If they had wanted our help they would have asked for it.

:r2d23: beeps

:c3po2: My little friend, you obviously still have a lot to learn about human behavior

:r2d23: beeps

:c3po2: I was programed to understand humans

:r2d23: Beeps

what does that mean? It means I'm incharge here.

R2 walks off

:c3po2: Hey, where are you going.

classic!!!!!!!!! :mm1
 darth small
01-22-2004, 7:27 PM
I put other because I like alot of the stuff with them in the OT. My favorites are when artoo plugs into the socket on Cloud city and gets electricuted and threepio says "How am I suppose to know the difference between a power socket and a computer terminal,I'm just and interpreter, and when 3po tells artoo to be safe prior to the death star. Darklighter I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but I seem to remember that 3po kicked artoo in that scene not hit on the head thought he does do that a couple times in the movies.
 Poggle
04-12-2004, 11:32 AM
though i did like 3po's part in AOTC, between the factory and the "die jedi dogs", that was great!

A classic line
 Evil Dark Jedi
04-26-2004, 5:38 AM
I put other because you forgot jabbas palace and where jabba dies(i think its his ship)
 Evil Dark Jedi
04-26-2004, 5:40 AM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8

He says die jedi guards
 sith_master2000
05-16-2004, 9:51 PM
My favourite would have to be AOTC on Geonosis when R2 pulls :c3po: 's head off and he says those terrible puns! That's the best.
Page: 1 of 1