Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Furniture (Part 2)

Page: 1 of 1
 Darknightmare
04-11-2003, 1:16 AM
Well, looking at the new video, looks like sitting on chairs is going to work out. No more empty chairs in cantinas anymore. Thats good. I wounder if you will be able to do other things with items light lights, or tables, or even radios. The possiblities are endless...
 Jan Gaarni
04-11-2003, 4:33 AM
That's good to hear. :)

Cool, now I will be able to sit down with my friends properly, in Swediots cantina, and get wasted ... I mean, enjoy myself ... I mean ... ah, crap .....

:D :D :D
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-11-2003, 9:21 AM
Yeah, that's good to hear. When I first read that you can actually sit in chairs a few months ago I was pumped. It was just stupid to see all these people kneeling down in a bar (EQ) with all those chairs around.
 setsuko
04-11-2003, 10:02 AM
I doubted they'd be able to do it, bit if you're right... hat's off for the devs! :)
 Kiedo
04-11-2003, 3:11 PM
It looks like there's going to be more visible interaction with objects in SWG than in most MMO's right now.
 Thrackan Solo
04-11-2003, 7:53 PM
YOu know what could be cool of there were hoverwhellchairs that would be awesome.
 Darknightmare
04-11-2003, 8:07 PM
If you guys want then you can put down any ideas you think would be cool to see in game, interaction wise, with items like furniture and the gaming world.
 PatoriaN
04-12-2003, 5:27 AM
Originally posted by setsuko
I doubted they'd be able to do it, bit if you're right... hat's off for the devs! :)

are you still talking about sitting?:confused:
 Jan Gaarni
04-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Yes, she's still talking about sitting. :)

They had some trouble with it, but I can't remember exactly what.
I do remember something about using a standard emote for the sitting, which is not height determined. Not sure how to put it, but what I mean by that, is that if you're a human (midsized human is 1.75m) which is 2m, then when he sits down he will be 1.75m, not 2m. When he gets off the chair, he'll be 2m again.

Anyway. I'm glad they put it in. :)
 PatoriaN
04-13-2003, 2:22 AM
as far i know the only problems with it were with some animations their heads went through the seat!
 Jan Gaarni
04-13-2003, 5:25 AM
There you go. :)

They also had problems with people hitching a ride with a speeder of some sort. I think they kept falling off or something. Not the one that drove the speeder, but the passenger. :D
 Jackrabbit
04-13-2003, 10:24 AM
I know at one point they were talking about "tele-sitting". Somebody would target a chair, and then go traveling. If something attacked them, and it was going to kill them, they would hit sit and teleport back to the chair and sit down. That was at the beginning of Beta though.

I was wondering something though. Say in a cantina, there’s a bunch of booths. Somebody sits on the inside, and then somebody sits on the outside. When the person on the inside wants to get out, will he just blink to the edge of the table, or will he have to wait till the other person gets up? Maybe only one person can sit in a booth. Hmm...what do you guys think?
 PatoriaN
04-15-2003, 2:46 AM
id say appear on the side, like in many other games where they get in and out of cars..for example Battlefield 1942.
 legameboy
04-15-2003, 9:52 AM
hey DN, what video? can you give me the link to it?
 Jan Gaarni
04-15-2003, 10:39 AM
The movie he's talking about, I believe, is the first one you will find here (http://www.swgalaxies.net/artwork/index.php3?cat=2). :)
 legameboy
04-15-2003, 2:24 PM
the naboo one, cool! i cant wait till this game comes out!
Page: 1 of 1