Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can someone Please Help My Newbness

Page: 1 of 1
 tancred
04-10-2003, 9:42 PM
Ok, This is the first time I have taken a look at this scumm revisted stuff and I am lost already.

Ok, I downloaded Indiana Jones and the Fate of atlantis, when I go to play it, it has no sound whatsoever, now, first off is this my problem or not? and if its not my problem how do I use this scumm revisited to extract the sound files so that they will work with the game?

Or if you can point me to a tutorial or something....Thanks

Tancred
 CCCP
04-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Ok, I downloaded Indiana Jones and the Fate of atlantis
There's your problem. I don't know for sure, but I'd assume the sounds were removed from the game when it was pirated. Go buy the real CD, and don't post anything about illegal game copies on this forum.

CCCP
 tancred
04-11-2003, 12:05 AM
Actually At one time I did buy the game, it was bundled with rogue squadron or some crap like that, and dark forces, but that has to be like back in 97 and i dont even think they sell the discs anymore otherwise I would, I did get the music to work for the copies I did get, but no speech.......
 CCCP
04-11-2003, 12:33 AM
LucasArts still sells it:
http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/indyfate/)

also, as a part of the Adventure Collection:
http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/adventure/)

CCCP
 jannar85
04-11-2003, 5:20 AM
tancred is speechless :D
If that won't work out for you, there's plenty of copies traded on www.gametz.com) :)

Now, let this be something you can learn from.
Never download abandonware! Buy it!
 bgbennyboy
04-11-2003, 5:31 AM
Less of the abandonware ¬
 jannar85
04-11-2003, 6:38 AM
Yay! That's the right word, bgb :D ;)
Are you still working on Q&E ScummVM? :)
 bgbennyboy
04-11-2003, 6:45 AM
 tancred
04-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Like I said newbness.....I thought abandonware was like freeware they kinda gave up on it and just well left it for dead.

Thx for the links
 scabb
04-11-2003, 1:38 PM
It is, but that's not the problem. The problem is that people assume that anything older than 5 years is abandonware. This, I'm afraid to say, is by no means true. I'm older than 5 years, and I don't consider myself abandonware.

Abandonware is only "abandonware" if the company "abandons" it, and announces that "this game is now abandonware blah blah blah". I'm pretty sure Infocom labelled a few games "abandonware", so you can now legally download them and not burn in the fiery pits of hell. Lucas Arts, however, haven't - so if you download a Lucas Arts game, I hope you feel bad inside.
Page: 1 of 1