Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some helt would be nice...

Page: 1 of 1
 elbis
04-09-2003, 7:24 PM
Hi. I installed GF yesterday (its been awile)but i did'nt work. When i start up the screen goes black, the game works i can hear it.. but i cant see it!! What can i do? I have already tried installing new drivers for my Velocity..

/marten
 ZaXeriaw
04-10-2003, 2:43 AM
Have you installed the patch?

You can download it here (ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/Gfupd101.exe)
 elbis
04-10-2003, 3:08 AM
yes, i have tried it..
 scabb
04-10-2003, 7:33 AM
What Operating System are you using? If it's Windows 2000, then it can be a little hit and miss when it comes to loading Grim Fandango. Try updating to the latest Service Pack by using Windows Update.

Also, right click on desktop and select properties, and lower the colour to 16-bit, that may help.

If you're using XP the following doesn't apply (because you can't do it):
Uninstall DirectX - See this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92865) - and then reinstall it using the version you have on the disc. You'll need to run Grim straight from the *.exe file in it's root directory now (C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Grim), as it may refuse to run it from the Pop-up dialogue.
Page: 1 of 1