Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

what happned to raynar thul?

Page: 1 of 1
 Shotokan
04-09-2003, 1:47 AM
i know that he was still in a ship that two dark jedi took in the book "star by star" but did they kill him? this has always been bothering me. i wanna knoe if hes dead or alive!!
 Shotokan
05-03-2003, 6:43 AM
anyone?
 benTantilles
05-03-2003, 7:17 AM
no idea, shot. i, too, would like to know what happened to him. guess we'll just have to wait & see.
 StarWarsPhreak
05-03-2003, 2:41 PM
I believe the ship blew up, destroyed, blown to atoms, no more, ceased to be, ok you get the picture :D

I think he is dead, or that is the message I got from the book.
 Shotokan
05-03-2003, 4:22 PM
When I finished that book I refused to believe that Raynar died... But I guess he did... Darn
 joetech3000
05-15-2003, 11:13 AM
If he died, good. He sucked.
 StarWarsPhreak
05-15-2003, 1:25 PM
Raynar wasn't that bad. sure he was a snot in the Acadamy when he was younger, but he's gotten better and more mature. He even endured Yuuzhan Vong captivity.
 wassup
05-16-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by joetech3000
If he died, good. He sucked.

Please describe, expand, etc. I thought he was a fine character, he provided a nice touch that was different from the other holy-Jedi-Master-type Jedis. I kept confusing him with Ganner Rhysode, lol.
 benTantilles
05-16-2003, 6:20 AM
i thought raynar was pretty cool...but then i didn't get to read the books of him in the academy.

oh yeah, and i thought ganner was cool too....a jedi one could identify with.
 darthfergie
05-16-2003, 7:41 PM
Yeah...the impression I got initially was that he had been knocked out or something and in the next book he would be found again...but apparently he was killed...

As for the ship blowing up...I don't remember that...I thought the Dark Jedi got away into hyperspace and killed Raynar...I can't remember all of it since I read it forever ago...I havn't been able to read much this school year...but thankfully I didn't miss anything...I was able to keep up and now I'm digging into Refugee.:)

(BTW, I thought Anakin was a Jedi I could identify with...BUT NOT ANYMORE...*sigh* same with Vergere...although Vergere got the crappy end of the stick since her death was REALLY forced and just came off all wrong for her persona)
 MennoniteHobbit
06-01-2003, 4:45 PM
I think that Raynar Thul died, but then again, who cares? He didn't have any special powers.
 benTantilles
06-02-2003, 7:25 AM
hmmm....i've bought an old issue of sw insider which seemed to suggest that raynar thul didn't die in star by star.
 Shotokan
06-13-2003, 12:12 AM
LoL yea I've thought all this time that Raynar didn't die.... Hehe I have this thing about Jedi dying... The only thing that is diff is that I kinda won't miss Jacen when he dies lol.
 Shotokan
06-30-2003, 5:12 AM
Nah actually I'm just one of those guys that hasta know what happened to the Jedi.
Page: 1 of 1