Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Force Powers?

Page: 2 of 3
 Echuu Shen-Jon
04-24-2003, 4:25 PM
Yes, but it would be more difficult to execute!!!
 txa1265
04-24-2003, 6:04 PM
I love Jedi Mind Trick in JKII, but would also love a new Persuasion form, where you become 'invisible' if you also walk.

Also, I would like some way to choose a level of power that is applied, and if it is lower than my current rank, the force cost would be reduced. For instance - if I had mind trick level 3 and only wanted to use level 1, I could do it at almost no force cost, so I could then use other powers as well.

Just a thought ...

Mike
 Iblis Reborn
04-24-2003, 6:39 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
I love Jedi Mind Trick in JKII, but would also love a new Persuasion form, where you become 'invisible' if you also walk.

Also, I would like some way to choose a level of power that is applied, and if it is lower than my current rank, the force cost would be reduced. For instance - if I had mind trick level 3 and only wanted to use level 1, I could do it at almost no force cost, so I could then use other powers as well.

Just a thought ...

Mike

i never thought of that but yeah that makes alot of sense
alot of times it can be overkill to use the mind trick full power or something on just one guy when all you need is to get passed him unseen without him following you
on second thought i dont think you have any reason to get passed him so lets just kill him instead :P
 Shadoer
04-24-2003, 6:54 PM
Well here are my thoughts

Force Destruction: I don't understand where people are getting the idea its not star wars. Yeah, it does sound like Dragon Ball Z fire balls and stuff, but think about it. Its a ball of pure hate! What better emphasises the dark side then pure hate? Also, its not like you face dark jedi's on a regular basis in the star wars universe and the expanded universe. (Darth Maul, Vader, Dooku, the Emperor, and in the expanded universe that guy who got the Sun Crusher). I think with a graphical improvement, Force Destruction can find its place.

Force Throw: It was annoying in jk, but it can work and should be included.

Dark Sight: It makes sense, its useful, and it is fairly in tune with the dark side. How this didn't make it into JO is beyond me.

Force Scan?: There should be some kind of force ability to allow you to see the current status of your opponent (Hp and Shields). It would be fairly useful and be good for the light side.

Force Light: Another annoying power from jk, but I think it can work. It just should do something more then make the moniter go white (maybe you are forced to cover your eyes for a few seconds).

Well those are my thoughts.
 modru2004
04-25-2003, 2:58 PM
force absorb should be fixed as well. releasticly speaking it should absorb not only the force but any other energy form as well, to an extent which is determined by the skill of the jedi using it, not only that but the energy absorbed gives a temporary but extremely powerful power boost. the catch to that is the fact that few jedi ever develop that ability. its a rare talent. while i can see how they toned it down majorly for the game, it should be somewhat releastic i think. they could probably set a time limit for each of the different skill levels and all energy absorbed fills ur force meter and since its a force power it can temprorarily take ur force meter above its limit giving the user a littl mroe force. but like i said fairly short time limits. if u want an example of how the releastic power can be so powerful, it is rare after all, here it is: lets say two master jedi are fighting. one is knocked to the ground loses his lightsaber. while hes down his opponent stabs his light saber down into the fallen jedi's chest. well then the fallen jedi uses absorb and sucks the energy right out fo the lightsaber, the oppenets lightsaber than stops working because all energy has been sucked out of it. the added energy allows the fallen jedi to live longer than most jedi in that situation. the fallen jedi uses his power boost to lift his opponent in the air and proceeds to crush his opponents body. the oppenents dead but the fallen jedi now dies because all power is used up and its was a death blow.
 HertogJan
04-25-2003, 3:45 PM
I think absorb is powerfull enough!! Perhaps too powerfull, you can have it turned on almost continuously!!
 txa1265
04-25-2003, 3:52 PM
Originally posted by Shadoer
Well here are my thoughts
Force Throw: It was annoying in jk, but it can work and should be included.

Definitely one I hope they work on. Gives more interaction with the environment, which is always a good thing, IMO.

Force Scan?: There should be some kind of force ability to allow you to see the current status of your opponent (Hp and Shields). It would be fairly useful and be good for the light side.

I like this ... I've always had the desire for 'force sight' or 'sense', so that you could come to a wall, and it would look like the MP 'Jedi Master' mode, where you can see the JM through walls, or you'd at least sense where enemies were. This is different, and I think it would be useful. Deus Ex had it, and I like it - no 'boss bar', just a way to check enemies & allies using the force.

Maybe ... also NPC Heal on your allies - use your force power to heal them.

Mike
 Echuu Shen-Jon
04-25-2003, 6:49 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
I like this ... I've always had the desire for 'force sight' or 'sense', so that you could come to a wall, and it would look like the MP 'Jedi Master' mode, where you can see the JM through walls, or you'd at least sense where enemies were. This is different, and I think it would be useful. Deus Ex had it, and I like it - no 'boss bar', just a way to check enemies & allies using the force.

Maybe ... also NPC Heal on your allies - use your force power to heal them.

Mike You mean a way to predict that an enemy is closing?
 txa1265
04-25-2003, 9:45 PM
Originally posted by Echuu Shen-Jon
You mean a way to predict that an enemy is closing?

Absolutely! I think that a Jedi should have some sense of what is about to happen.

Mike
 HertogJan
04-26-2003, 7:02 AM
Yeah it's a great force power for the light side... Although I don't hope it'll be an instant wallhack for MP, make it use up a lot of force, have a limited range or something :)
 Echuu Shen-Jon
04-26-2003, 7:27 AM
Yes, it would be very movie-like!!! I'm in for that one :D
 StormHammer
04-26-2003, 7:33 PM
Jedi Sense sounds like it could be a cool addition to the game. Let's hope the devs think so too... :thumbsup: The potential problem is how they could implement it without unbalancing part of the gameplay. If the power were to go up in levels...perhaps you just get a hint that something is wrong at the lowest level, while the highest level allows you to perceive danger through walls...
 Echuu Shen-Jon
04-26-2003, 8:06 PM
Sounds like a very good idea!
 txa1265
04-26-2003, 10:46 PM
When I thinking about balancing vs. implementing these things, I think about how it is that my 5 and 6.5 year old boys, who are Purple and Green belts in Karate, and each the senior student in their age group, can barely to carry their dinner plates and cups to the sink without a mishap ...

I really want some type of sense for SP ... but it falls into that balancing stack of things ...

Mike
 Cloud Tiamat
05-19-2003, 4:56 AM
KOTOR has a Force Whirlwind ability. It would be an interesting idea in Jedi Academy; perhaps it could capture projectiles and even Force Lightning. :)

It would be great to have Force Throw, Deadly Sight, and Force Destruction in Jedi Academy.
 [LJC]ReDMaStEr
05-20-2003, 2:39 AM
Originally posted by Smood
That is not force. That was simply because he has heavy gloves, the blaster cant penetrate it. Heck a little jab from luke with his saber only scratched vader's armor, but it was more glancing so....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....im sorry but as an extreme star wars geek who has read the books and seen the original trilogy, the special edition trilogy, episodes 1 and 2 millions of times im sorry sorry sorry i dont usually flame but OMFG OMFG OMFG...Vader was so attuned with the dark side of the force that he had the ability to channel aggressive energy (the blaster bolt) into his own energy making him more powerful. Unfortunately he wasn't a sith master so he was unable to deal with the amount of power he was undertaking by the emperor's lightning. The saber attack that Luke made was a ***** one at best. Blue stance moron! LoL :D
 Echuu Shen-Jon
05-22-2003, 1:06 PM
Ermm...Even if it is a quick jab, Vader's arm would still bee ****ing cut off! Don't flame. Say it like. No, that's not right! Vader is full of...I've been flamed myself, and it isn't funny!!
 babywax
05-22-2003, 3:50 PM
Am I the only one for more passive abilities?
Force Speed: Actually increases your speed as long as you have points in it.
Force Jump: Duh!
Force Strength: Adds damage to your attacks.
Force Balance: Helps combat against knockdown-attacks.
Force Resistance: Reduces damage from grip/lightning etc...
Can't think of any others right now...
As for normal force powers:
Jedi Sense! Make everything within a radius around you slow down, max payne style. Everything in a radius, say 4 feet at first level, 6 feet at second, and 8 at third, slow down. Attacks slow down, movement slows down, blaster shots slow down etc... This would be very neat, and would also work due to having a limited radius. Anything outside the radius would move at normal speed, it would have to cost a great deal of mana, or cost like 1 point a second or something.
I love that telekinises idea.
Force Knockdown: Knocks a person off his/her feet.
Force Disarm: Makes a person kneel for a certain amount of time, disabling him from blocking and attacking.
That's all for now!
 Luc Solar
05-22-2003, 4:45 PM

We already have that. It's called...force speed. :confused:

We already have that. It's called...force jump. :confused:

We already have that. It's called...force rage. :confused:

Ehhh...when would you use this? Keep it on 24/7 draining your force pool just for the sake of not being knocked down so easily if someone happens to try something that might knock you down?

We already have that. It's called...force protect. :confused:

Jedi Sense! Make everything within a radius around you slow down, max payne style.

So you'd have 16 people all "slowing down everyone" so that as a result everyone would be moving at 1/4 of the speed they usually do? And the radius-thing would probably make the whole game a slow, lagging hell.. :(

And this would be force number 27 you got mapped on your keyboard performing the exact same thing that force push or pull or kicking sometimes do....except if the opponent is using force 'balance' or absorb.

Force Disarm: Makes a person kneel for a certain amount of time, disabling him from blocking and attacking.

Kneeling for a certain amount of time?? So I could run around the map with my rocket launcher and everyone would kneel in front of me for 5-10 seconds accepting a rocket or a saber in their face?

Somehow I doubt that would work out. ;)

As for telekinesis: it won't make it into SP. :( That's the impression I got from the trailer. Damn..

(If you were talking about force that actually affect your character passively...as in "adds to his physical pre-game" abilities, forget all I said. :) )
 Echuu Shen-Jon
05-22-2003, 5:17 PM
As a followup to my last post! I don't know, if a mechanical arm is a part of the force, but Joruus C'Baoth said, in "Dark Force Rising", that droids wasn't a part of the Force. If Vader's arm ins't a part of the Force, he couldn't block the shots with his hand with the help of the Force!

I would like telekinesis so much...LUCASARTS LISTEN TO MY PLEA!!!:D

Which Forcepowers did we see in the trailer apart from lightning?
 babywax
05-22-2003, 6:20 PM
Am I the only one for more passive abilities?

Heheh
As for the knockdown, I think it should only target 1 player, and cost a respective amount of force, don't know how much but it could be defined after testing.
As for the slow thing, well that doesn't lag that much, when you consider it's actually easier for the engine to render things going slower than it is faster, considering it has to do less calculations in a given time ;)
The Jedi Sense would not stack, so you wouldn't have some areas going at 1/16 because of overlapping jedi senses being used.
Force balance would also be a deturrent against force disarm.
Force disarm would also be a single target thing, like grip/force knockdown.
I'll re-list my force power suggestions ;)
PASSIVES:
NORMAL FORCE POWERS:
Jedi Sense! Make everything within a radius around you slow down, max payne style. Everything in a radius, say 4 feet at first level, 6 feet at second, and 8 at third, slow down. Attacks slow down, movement slows down, blaster shots slow down etc... This would be very neat, and would also work due to having a limited radius. Anything outside the radius would move at normal speed, it would have to cost a great deal of mana, or cost like 1 point a second or something.
Force Telekinises: Ability to move objects(people maybe? people like grip without damage?)around, and in the air, and throw them at enemies.
 Echuu Shen-Jon
05-23-2003, 3:25 PM
Using the same form as Luc. Sorry ;)

As for the knockdown, I think it should only target 1 player, and cost a respective amount of force, don't know how much but it could be defined after testing.

We already have that. It's called...force push. :confused:
 Luc Solar
05-23-2003, 4:39 PM
You should also keep in mind that in 99% of the future JA servers you will be kicked & banned for using something as lame as "knockdown".

I mean...who'd be dishonourable enough to hit a player when they're down on the ground??? It's not like that that would be the whole point in making someone fall, right? :rolleyes:

Ok. I'm off to look for a FFA server where you're allowed to actually shoot people with the guns. See you in 2010! ;)
 babywax
05-23-2003, 6:47 PM
lol, force push doesn't ever really knockdown, it does sometimes but not very often, atleast in MP
 Stormtrooper X
05-24-2003, 4:46 AM
Force Hurricane. They're putting in the JO Multiplayer Force Pwers in Single Player for JA.
 Icemaniax
05-24-2003, 3:46 PM
i dunno if its in jkII because i have yet to finish it, but, i want to be able to Force grip someone raise them into the air an throw them agianst the wall, or over a catwalk,

in jkii can you force grip raise the target and like move so hes hanging off the edge of something and let go?
 Luc Solar
05-24-2003, 5:49 PM
Uh, yes. It's called force grip.
 Icemaniax
05-24-2003, 5:51 PM
i know its force grip, i have only gotten it to lift tem in the air and choke them to death, which cis funny to fo to Reborns btw, but i meant, can you manipulate them, move them while they are in the air?
 StormHammer
05-24-2003, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by iceman87
i know its force grip, i have only gotten it to lift tem in the air and choke them to death, which cis funny to fo to Reborns btw, but i meant, can you manipulate them, move them while they are in the air?

You're playing SP, aren't you? When you get to level 3 Force Grip...you can do exactly what you are asking. Grip them, toss them around a bit (including banging them into walls) and then letting them go over a looooong drop. :)

I imagine it will be the same in JA. ;)
 Icemaniax
05-24-2003, 6:04 PM
woo hoo!, thanks
 HertogJan
05-25-2003, 5:42 AM
Yeah I like lifting stormies up in the air and then SMASHING them on the ground, mwuahahahaa!! Grip is the ultimate show-off intimidating power :D

In multiplayer you can't damage ppl (at leats not that I noticed) by smashing 'em into a wall or something :(
 Kurgan
05-25-2003, 7:34 PM
It's utterly stupid (but apparently official) that Count Dooku's cape (his friggin' CAPE) is "resistant to lightsabers"...

If they can make a danged cape resistant 20-30 years in the past, surely they can make an expensive suit for Vader with gloves that are resistant.

Of course they didn't say HOW resistant, and in the EU we have "cortosis" so who knows....

I wouldn't expect Vader to be any tougher than anyone else though, unless he was an enemy in the game (doubtful since he's been dead a long time).

Frankly, the way the "combined powers" were shown in JK/MotS was right up my alley, so this is something I'm looking forward to.

The only trick is having ENOUGH MANA to do all of them. Will there be a Force Surge more like JK/MotS? 'Cause if not, those pathetic Force Boons aren't going to give us much "combo" time unless the powers use less mana....

Which also brings up.. are they talking SP or MP? Because in JK2 SP you could combine some powers that you couldn't in MP (both due to lack of mana and they just plain wouldn't let you, like Grip+saber throw).
 Stormtrooper X
05-29-2003, 4:11 PM
Originally posted by Echuu Shen-Jon
As a followup to my last post! I don't know, if a mechanical arm is a part of the force, but Joruus C'Baoth said, in "Dark Force Rising", that droids wasn't a part of the Force. If Vader's arm ins't a part of the Force, he couldn't block the shots with his hand with the help of the Force!

I would like telekinesis so much...LUCASARTS LISTEN TO MY PLEA!!!:D

Which Forcepowers did we see in the trailer apart from lightning?

Force Push. As for Telekinesis... why is there such powers as: Force Push, Force Pull, Force Throw, and for people, Force Grip.
You won't be needing telekinesis. It's more of a Magic Power. And since when did we see Force Telekinesis in the films?

And for the Droids thing, remember what Obi-Wan once said, ' The force is binded together by all LIVING things'. Droids are not living. At www.swgalaxies.net) some guy asked if you will ever be able to be a droid in Galaxies, and the person who replied pretty much said 'being a droid would be unfair for the droid player, because people could buy you, droids are not at all wise, only clever, unless you think of 8t88, and droids couldn't be a jedi, because the force binds all LIVING things.
 Luc Solar
05-29-2003, 6:26 PM
Originally posted by Stormtrooper X
As for Telekinesis... why is there such powers as: Force Push, Force Pull, Force Throw, and for people, Force Grip.
You won't be needing telekinesis. It's more of a Magic Power. And since when did we see Force Telekinesis in the films?

The whole point with telekinesis is moving OBJECTS. Not just pushing and pulling them without any control. In JO push/pull only (except the few puzzles in SP) only worked on enemies. They're both still needed, 'cause they could be combined with telekinesis to give more momentum to whatever you're moving *and* they work on players as well.

Think of it as "Grip that affects objects". Not players, only objects.

And I don't think I have seen any SW movie ever where they wouldn't have used "telekinesis". Every time they move something with with the force = telekinesis. Luke and C3PO. Luke and R2D2. Luke & the X-wing. Yoda and the X-wing. Dooku and the roof + the stuff on the walls + the huge thing that almost crushed Obi & Anakin. And Yoda, naturally, did the same to all those objects. Vader throwing debris at Luke etc. etc. I'm sure there are plenty more examples.

IMO we should be asking: "Why on earth can I toss players around by CHOKING them?!"

Grip is ok. Pull/push are ok. Force throw kinda sucks. It was not a well thought-out force power.

There are lot of threads about telekinesis already, so I won't repeat that again. Do a search and you'll find the rest of the arguments that make the power a MUST.

...too bad they won't implement it, though.. :D

By the way - any new info on the force powers?? We got grip, lightning saber throw and push, but what else?
 GreenDevil
05-31-2003, 2:52 AM
I'd really like to see some improvement on the Force skills in JA.

JO had some nice new features, like the improvements and how they incorporated jump, along with throw, lightsaber defense and offense. But there were some that I just found as stupid that I never used. Like "Teal Heal" or whatever its called... I still don't even know what it really does.

I'd like to see the rebirth of some of the CLASSIC powers. I'd do anything for some good old Persuasion, Blinding, and Destruction. I mean, those were some of the coolest skills you could find. I remember how great it was when you got someone with Blinding and you knew all they saw on their screens was a big white screen. =D Its not an official cool Jedi power unless it pisses off your opponent. :)

Even Mysteries of the Sith had a couple of skills that had potential. You could make Projection into a really fun skill with a little work. I mean, using that in multiplayer rocked. Simply just took out your fists and then made some replicas of yourself. Your opponent didn't know which was the right one until it was too late :) Far Sight could be made cool too...

Anyway, thats just my two cents...
 Rockstar
05-31-2003, 3:54 AM
I SAY BOOOOOOOOOO at the new standard issuing of the double bladed sabre!! LUCAS ARTS HAVE BROUGHT UNREALISM TO THE GAME! there will be servers with 99% of jedi using them. bah! answer, how many jedi have u seen in the whole starwars saga that use them?? answer: ONE!! i agree that its bloody awesome! but i think that they shouldn't make it better than single bladed or put some disadvantages on it so it only suits certain styles of play

also double sabres are cool..... but again i still think for the SW tradition the majority should use single bladed. altho myself my fav is double, i think it dumb that it become so standard :(
 Rockstar
05-31-2003, 3:55 AM
also i think that the light powers should be improved so the servers aint full of evil jedi.....
 Tyrion
05-31-2003, 4:39 AM
Originally posted by Rockstar
LUCAS ARTS HAVE BROUGHT UNREALISM TO THE GAME!

Wow! I didnt know that space travel and lightsabers and blaster rifles and hyperdrives and rancors were REAL!!!

Wow! Sweet! Cool!

/end sarcasm

Anyway, I think this will be a step in the good path. Double lightsabers probably will have a huge disavantage. Like, super slow movement.

It'd go something like this for the lightsabers.

1 Saber- Can use all force powers, no disavantage, but does the least damage.

2 Saber - Does twice the damage of 1 sabers, but cannot use forcepowers while equiped.

Dual-Saber - Does the same damage as 2 saber, and can use force-powers, but everytime you swing you slow down

That'd be pretty fair (Maybe it'd also cost more points for them(like, 0 points for 1 saber, 5 for dual, 8 for 2).
 Luc Solar
05-31-2003, 5:22 AM
Originally posted by GreenDevil
Like "Teal Heal" or whatever its called... I still don't even know what it really does.

You mean Team Heal? It heals your team mates in a team game. Never used it though.

I'd like to see the rebirth of some of the CLASSIC powers. I'd do anything for some good old Persuasion, Blinding, and Destruction.

IMHO blinding was the worst force power ever (and useless if the other adjusted his monitor settings, I heard). The only "classic" thing about it was that it annoyed the hell out of people. :D

Didn't really like destruction either. Or deadly sight. Seemed way too... "consoleish" to me.

I hope they'll keep it simple. Perhaps get rid of heal and drain-kind of hp-regenerating powers...I never liked those in MP. Bactas and powerups are quite enough.
 GreenDevil
05-31-2003, 5:03 PM
IMHO blinding was the worst force power ever (and useless if the other adjusted his monitor settings, I heard). The only "classic" thing about it was that it annoyed the hell out of people.

Oh man! You just never lived! Blinding was my favorite skill. Whenever I played with my friends I just kept blinding them, and watched as they ran into walls as I chopped them to death :)

I guess I can see how people wouldn't like it though.

I liked Persuasion a lot more in JK, Mind Trick just doesn't do it for me.
 Luc Solar
05-31-2003, 5:49 PM
lol... I remember a few games back then where there were like 8 people doing nothing but blindind everyone 24/7. Arg!

... OH! So *that's* what caused it! :eek:

*points at custom title* :D
 GreenDevil
05-31-2003, 7:41 PM
LoL

*smacks Luc Solar around with a large trout for being silly*

:D
 Smood
06-01-2003, 1:43 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Wow! I didnt know that space travel and lightsabers and blaster rifles and hyperdrives and rancors were REAL!!!

Wow! Sweet! Cool!

/end sarcasm

Rockstar was not speaking of story components. He was speaking of realistic feel. He was speaking on the fact that having 100 people named UBER JEDI running from side to side frantically waving a double bladed saber around senselessly without skill or precision would be STUPID.

AND I must say I agree. Finally someone strikes home with an argument.
 StormHammer
06-01-2003, 11:11 AM
He was speaking on the fact that having 100 people named UBER JEDI running from side to side frantically waving a double bladed saber around senselessly without skill or precision would be STUPID.

AND I must say I agree. Finally someone strikes home with an argument.

True, but in any game that allows the player more choices, you're bound to get some silly situations, and overuse of particular features, especially in the early stages.

It's really up to the players to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen, IMHO. Because to my mind it would be even more stupid if Raven imposed some kind of restriction about how many players used X, Y, Z sabers and other weapons. That might be appropriate for the Siege mode...but not for the other game modes.
 The Count
06-01-2003, 5:11 PM
I do know they are foolishly progressing further, and further away from the movies with the addition of all these crazy jedi abilities (COMBINING POWERS, urgh).

And conversely their STAR WARS revenues decline :). I see a correlation do you?

You are a bloody idiot, for dismissing a game as **** before you've even played it, go to hell.
 JDKnite188
06-01-2003, 6:06 PM
Many things could go wrong with the force. What I am worried about is spamming. The force powers should be designed so that you can use them once for the full effect and then wait instead of using them like some kind of gun.

The saber combat might also be spammed with dual and double-bladed sabers. Here is my solution:

Single Blade: Defense Point Range 1-5
Offense Point Range 1-5

Double Blade: Defense Point Range 1-5
Offense Point Range 5-10

Dual Blades: Defense Point Range 5-10
Offense Point Range 1-5

The idea is that double bladed lightsaber is easier to use for defense while the dual blades are easier to use for attack. All force powers would still be available, but they might be reduced in strength according to your preferences on offensive and defensive skill.
 babywax
06-02-2003, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure you said what you wanted to, I think some very interesting additions would be to have a single handed saber style, for one saber only, that would have reduced damage, but you could use force while attacking!
I believe you were trying to say above:
1 hilt two blades(Darth Maul style): high defense, normal offense, reduced speed.
Single saber: All force powers, normal speed, normal offense, normal defense.
Two sabers, two hilts, one in each hand: High offense, low defense, increased speed, no force powers (no hand to do it with!)
 toms
06-04-2003, 3:12 PM
random thoughts:

some sort of Force Shockwave that pushed people out from around you would be cool (L1 just pushes them back, L2 sends them flying, L3 also does damage), kind of an unfocused force push.

i never liked blinding or deadly sight, sucky powers, but destruction looked good in the cutscene, it just sucked as a small ball in the actual game engine... is should slowly build up in your hand until it is released, then be a massive stream of fury... (maybe black rather than yellow). and maybe with a risk of overload.

Force Ysalimari (or maybe another name :D ) - creates an area around you where the force doesn't work, also drains all your powers

Force Taint: Taints the target with the wrong "type" of force... meaning when they use their force powers they take damage.

How about a verson of force throw where you activate it on the item (rubble, barrel etc..) and it hovers near you a bit like a training remote (all the while draining force power), then when you release the button it flies out at wherever you are aiming?

however vader did it, a power that made a short lived shield infront of you would be cool (Requiem had a power like this that was cool, only lasted a few seconds)

Telekenesis is cool, but how would you control an item in 3 dimensions at the same time as controling your character? that is why it has been split into discrete powers...

Meditate! Meditate! Meditate!
 Luc Solar
06-04-2003, 4:39 PM
Originally posted by toms
Telekenesis is cool, but how would you control an item in 3 dimensions at the same time as controling your character? that is why it has been split into discrete powers...

Just like grip. Simple. :)
 Rockstar
06-05-2003, 6:48 AM
id like to say thanks to Smood!

about the sarcasm about the realness of SW.... ofcoarse its fiction!! but if people don't want the game accurate to the myth im gonna make a light power called "force GOOD" and what that does it means any dark jedi can only reduce a good one to 1HP but cannot kill because evil can't win?? that sounds cool huh??

duh! if you don't want a game that has realism of SW go play SOF2! the single bladed sabre should be the most popular in the server!! only about a quarter of the players should have the other 2 alternatives... sad when we see all these sad little darth maul wannabes filling our servers *shakes head grinning*

anyways. WHO HERE AGREES THAT THE LIGHT POWERS NEED TO BE IMPROVED???? AND WHY?
Page: 2 of 3