Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with the JO Dark Forces mod!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Firaga
04-08-2003, 7:24 PM
Ok, My friend and I loved DF and decided to try the mod. He had JO installed on his computer cause my parents don't want me to put stuff on this computer...so anyways on with my question..

We put the mod on his computer using a disc because he doesn't have internet, so we load it up correctly put the files where they need to go and start JO us and the mod isn't there!!!! We tried everything we can think of but it just won't even appear in the mods menu. So we said maybe he has the wrong version but we can't update it for some reason if we put the patch on the disc sence he has no internet. Is there <i>anyway</i> to run the mod??? PLEASE HELP!!!!
 The_One
04-08-2003, 7:48 PM
You need to get the update somehow. You need at least version 1.03. There is a bug in the retail version of the game (1.0) where the MODs menu doesn't work correctly, and no MODs will show up. Also, the MOD utilises some features from the 1.03 update I believe.

You can probably find the latest patch (1.04) on the cover disc of a decent games magazine.
 Firaga
04-08-2003, 7:54 PM
Any other way?Like renaming a path? I can't really get to a magizene...
 The_One
04-08-2003, 7:56 PM
Sorry, unless you download it, there isn't another way. You need that patch.

Anyway, how did you get the demo in the first place?
 Firaga
04-09-2003, 7:05 PM
Uhhhh...you have the secret base level to download on the main site.
 t3rr0r
04-09-2003, 7:08 PM
Originally posted by Firaga
Uhhhh...you have the secret base level to download on the main site.
... so couldn't you get the patch the same way you got the demo?
 Firaga
04-10-2003, 9:30 PM
Ok, you must've not understood my post. I don't own JO my friend does. Its on his computer. He doesn't have internet and wanted me to put your DF mod on a disk so he could play it. But his version is not the most recent so it won't. and if I try to run the update from the disc, it won't work.
 The_One
04-11-2003, 6:50 AM
OK, download this:

ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/JKIIUp104.exe

Slap it onto a disc for him. Then COPY the file over from the disc onto his hard drive. Run the patch from the hard drive and follow the instructions.

Voila!
 Firaga
04-13-2003, 12:44 AM
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Page: 1 of 1