Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help!

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi1234
04-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Dont know if this is the right place but I dont know where else to put it. Can someone help me beat the Dark Forces level where you free Crix Madine? Ive had this game for at least 5 years and still haven't beaten that one.
 The_One
04-08-2003, 1:37 PM
Sure :) Where are you stuck?
 Algardex
04-08-2003, 3:30 PM
Let me guess. You can't open the last door before madine's cell.
 Katarn07
04-08-2003, 4:06 PM
Warning. Nothing but a walkthrough here, so don't read it if you want to solve the puzzle yourself!

Start the level up and fight your way to an elevator. It is the first in the level. Don't go in it (there is no need to, it is a dead end full of nasties, but there are tons of extra lives and a mortar launchger, but that is available in later levels)! Hit the switch on the outside for it to go down one level. If you are facing the elevator, look to the right. There is a dark hallway. Go in with your headlight/ IR goggles on.

You'll see a crack in the wall. Take out a thermal detonator, stand back and throw it at the crack. It will blow a hole in the wall. Go inside that and look up. You'll see another crack, or maybe a hole if you threw your bomb right. Jump in that. Turn off your goggles to conserve battery power. You'l need all the juice you can get out of them later in the level.

You're in a dark room. Look for a door with the Imperial logo on it. If you hit the switch infront of the elevator, an empty shaft should be behind the door. Fall in.

There is a door or vent on top of the elevator to go in. Follow it until you get to another elevator shaft. Do not fall in it. You'll die. Across from you, a bit down, is another door. Run and jump across to it. Follow the shafts until you get to a door. Open it and look around with your goggles/ headlight.

It is a garbage disposal. Like level 3, there are dianogas inside. There is a beam taht youy can jump on. Don't go in the water though; you'll be crushed by the masher or eaten by the dianogas! Turn on the overlay map and jump from masher to masher. When you get to the last one, there is a door to jump to. Do so and go in. Watch your step. There is an IM mine around the bend and will blow you up if you don't retreat fast enough. Once you hear it beep, run. It'll blow a hole into an empty cell. Go in the cell, open the door to the cell block hallway. Dispose of all the guards and then look for a big door. Open the door via switch and go out.

This area may or may not look familiar to you, depending on how far you got. This was the dead end. Kill the two officers to your left, and steal their code cards. Retrace your steps back to the cell block hall. There is a console to input codes. Use the second code card's code. It'll open Crix's door.

Hope that helps...

*** I have beaten that games half a dozen times on hard before I got any other real games and just replayed straight through last week. That level brought back memories of weeks trying to find out where the entrance to the high Detention Block was... That and level 3 were the only two that gave me any real trouble. The rest are pretty straight foward and are just somewhat hard to stay alive instead of finding where to go...
 The_One
04-08-2003, 7:14 PM
I can't remember having any real trouble with Dark Forces. I found the combat harder than the puzzles. I practically wet myself when I first saw a Phase 2 ;)

The Detention Centre was always a favourite. Having said that, they were all classic levels. You can't say that about JKII, or even JK - that every level was a classic, and if you've ever played the game you'll probably remember every single level. At least I do :p
 Jedi1234
04-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Katarn 07 I can't see the pic its just white.
Algardex you are right.

Someone please help. If you have windows messenger use that to contact me. It would be easeier for me. yoda912@adelphia.net is my email so we can talk.
 The_One
04-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Jedi1234
Katarn 07 I can't see the pic its just white.
Algardex you are right.

Someone please help. If you have windows messenger use that to contact me. It would be easeier for me. yoda912@adelphia.net is my email so we can talk.

Heh, it's not a white picture! :p It's a spoiler box! Just highlight it and you'll be able to read it...
 Jedi1234
04-09-2003, 3:04 PM
Thanks Katarn 07 I beat the level now thanks to you, but what level is Fett in? Whichever one he is in I need to know how to beat that one also.:fett:
 Katarn07
04-09-2003, 3:51 PM
That'll spoil it! He's coming up a few levels from now. He's near the end of the game.

Fett is at the end of a really long, some what challenging puzzle level. Not only is it hard to stay alive as you get to your objective, but you'll have a heck of a time solving the puzzle. Took me a couple days to find a solution.

You actually have to face a few more bosses before facing him off.

Glad that helped. I left out everything with the red key, because what I said was actually a shortcut... If you have any more trouble, feel free to post it in this thread and I (or someone else here) will be glad to answer your questions...
Page: 1 of 1