Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Drivable vehicles in JA?

Page: 2 of 2
 taekwondo joe
04-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed
A Ford Pinto would rock. yes it would, equipt with blaster and a horn, for when you want those padestrians to get out da way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 coupes.
04-18-2003, 3:13 PM
i agree, the AT-ST was not very well implemented in JO, bu ti guess it could be done better in JA, perhaps hrough a 1st person view,

i'd also like to see a good swoop bike chase, like in SOTE but with much better controls. And maybe a virtua cop like level where you would fly by your ennemies and would hve to gun them down.. that would be nice.
 BloodRiot
04-19-2003, 12:58 AM
C&C Renegade hada great MP... tho it's very diferent from the JO FPS since it's mostly destroy the base kind of game... most stuff is accomplished using vehicles which you could buy at terminals with the credits you earn with kills and other stuff. The engine fully supported that and even had gravity physics plus power and torque.

A middle ground where player vs player is still primary but you could have a similar vehicle system in which YOU CAN DRIVE the vehicles would be sweet.
 eastcoast2895
04-19-2003, 1:28 AM
i'm not sure if someone mentioned this yet, but after playing freelancer, i'd like to see something like that in jedi academy. I think it be cool if some mid level levels would be in space and you would fly a fighter and would have to fight through some ties or other space fighters like in freelancer.
 joesdomain
04-19-2003, 2:13 AM
Driveable vehicles in Jedi academy like Luke's speeder, AT-ST, Speeder Bikes, AT-AT Walker, AT-PT Walkers, etc. would be so cool.
 StormHammer
04-19-2003, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by eastcoast2895
i'm not sure if someone mentioned this yet, but after playing freelancer, i'd like to see something like that in jedi academy. I think it be cool if some mid level levels would be in space and you would fly a fighter and would have to fight through some ties or other space fighters like in freelancer.

I think it's highly unlikely considering the focus of the game is being a Jedi. Having said that...if Obi-Wan can have fun in a Jedi Starfighter...I don't see why we shouldn't be able to mess around in an X-wing like Luke.

As I've said before, Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter is an FPS/Space Combat hybrid, with seamless transitions between both types of play, and I think it's something they should definitely look at doing for any more games in this series. It is Star Wars, after all...
 Emon
04-19-2003, 5:50 PM
JA is a first person shooter, not a racing game or a space simulation. The purpose of adding vehicles is to enhance and compliment the first person shooting, not replace it.
 Prime
04-19-2003, 7:39 PM
How about skateboards? Or those little scooters? Oh! Oh! Mopeds!
 Blademaster_109
04-19-2003, 10:17 PM
i hope they have a speed bike.
 StormHammer
04-20-2003, 9:05 AM
Originally posted by Emon
JA is a first person shooter, not a racing game or a space simulation. The purpose of adding vehicles is to enhance and compliment the first person shooting, not replace it.

Yes, I know that, and I agree. :) I didn't mean to say that there should be extensive use of space flight...but I see no problem with some occasional (brief) space-based action to add more flavour to the experience.
 joesdomain
04-23-2003, 2:31 AM
May driveable aircraft during the game could be a option like a X-wing, Tie Fighter, Tie Bomber, t-16 skyhopper, or imperial shuttle.
 taekwondo joe
04-23-2003, 1:01 PM
do shutels even have blasters, if they do, they cant be tooo good, since a shutel is not made for combat
 Blademaster_109
04-23-2003, 7:55 PM
How many ppl here have played halo, if u have to do u remember the map named blood gultch it was fun, and big. Well they should have a really big city place like in episoded II where they chase the bounty hunter?THIS IS MY GREAT IDEA TO HAVE CARS AND STUFF IN MULTIPLYAER!!!!!!
 taekwondo joe
04-23-2003, 8:06 PM
yes, that would be cool, but not to the low end system 56ker's out there, but hey, i got dsl, so bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Blademaster_109
04-23-2003, 8:54 PM
Yeah ur right it will be slowed for us 56kers
 HertogJan
04-24-2003, 6:25 AM
I don't care if they have 56k, MWUAHHHAAAA MWUAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! Wow I am really evil :rolleyes:

But it would be nice to have coruscant... With vehicles and a bounty hunter.
 Prime
04-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Why would having vehicles make things slower for 56Kers? I don't what extra information needs to be passed between players just for vehicles.
 StormHammer
04-26-2003, 5:11 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
But it would be nice to have coruscant... With vehicles and a bounty hunter.

I tend to agree. It would be great to see vehicles utilised in MP...but I really can't see something on the scale of the chase in Episode II. Although they may be able to emulate the scale horizontally, I don't think they would be able to allow the same scale of vertical movement seen in that chase.

I would be satisfied with something that was discussed before JO was released...where you could have some skiffs alongside Jabba's sail-barge, all of them speeding over the desert, and you can jump between the vehicles, etc. That might potentially be more manageable in terms of speeding vehicles, because the vertical movement would be reduced.
Page: 2 of 2