Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Good news regarding Beneath Monkey Island

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
03-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Well, there's some good news. Really good news. Plus some bad news.

A rival project has started up, if you want to read about the saga of the backstabber, please go to worldofmi.com and click on the news post replies of the appropriate story. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed.

But in the good news! And oh yes, there's good news. A couple of new people are being added to the cast, in the roles of various swashbucklers that are needed.

Plus Stanley Brain has agreed to reprise his role as Number Two, this time the henchman of the dreaded pirate, LeChuck! :)
 MJ
03-30-2003, 10:50 PM
There's an additional! I forgot about the additional. Come back to Nightlight around the end of the week, start of next week. Beneath Monkey Island should be in full swing.

This is not an April Fools joke. :p
 LiMP RABBiT
03-31-2003, 10:41 AM
Yay, new series, cool. Cant wait to here it. You'll have to email those spineless, yella bellied varmin each and every single episode to rub it in their faces. HA
 MJ
03-31-2003, 6:40 PM
I'm sure I won't need to. I have a suspicion that they'll be keeping pretty heavy tabs on how 'Beneath Monkey Island' is going.
 Incredible_d
04-01-2003, 6:51 PM
I really don't think Scamp Dog has a very good grasp of radio humor. None of the tryout lines were funny. I think since we're doing our radio project in originality as opposed to out of spite, we're in the better.

On another note, I found a website that has a very good selection of WAV format sound effects. It is www.matthawkins.co.uk) He's an amateur filmer who does low budget action and he's got a decent collection of SFX

And please, PLEASE tell me how to get a portrait on the forums. And how do you get rid of that "Corpse" thing? I AM SUCH A ROTTEN POSTER! Is that how you say it? Poster?
 MJ
04-02-2003, 10:48 AM
matthawkins, thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow.

I've got many sound effects already, and what I don't have, I improvise. It's worked well so far. :)

As for the portraits, up the top of the forum is a button that says 'usercp'. Click on that. That will let you access your profile. Somewhere in there is also an option that says 'select avatar'. You can select one from the list, or upload your own one.

As you can probably guess, I went with my own.

As for that 'corpse' thing? That will change after you've posted over a certain number of posts. It's a post rank thing. People who have posted 0-50 posts are labelled one thing, people between 50-100 another, and so forth.

The rankings for this forum come from the Grim Fandango Network forums (hence being death related). Other forums on the Lucas Arts network use different ratings (mixnmojo probably have MI style ratings, JK2 Star Wars ones, etc).

As for people who have totally unique titles... for example, me, who is currently... errr... something to do with a wookiee... that is because I'm a moderator of a forum (i.e. this one). And moderators can customise their titles to whatever they want.
 Incredible_d
04-04-2003, 4:44 PM
As you can see I got a portrait. It was a pain in the bum to get one this small... a Dalek was my best option.
 MJ
04-04-2003, 6:38 PM
That's pretty cool :)

I've got Doctor Who DVDs, I'll try and grab a better picture for you
 MJ
04-04-2003, 6:57 PM
Okay, here you go Incredible D (and anyone else out there who might be yearning for one?

Here's a few Dalek avatars. :)

http://nightlight.grimfandango.net/dalek1.jpg) http://nightlight.grimfandango.net/dalek2.jpg) http://nightlight.grimfandango.net/dalek3.jpg)
 MJ
04-05-2003, 9:12 AM
How could I forget?

Davros, leader of the daleks. :)

http://nightlight.grimfandango.net/davros.jpg)
 davrosthedalek
04-05-2003, 3:40 PM
hey look my picture is finally famous! but u didnt get my good side!:bdroid2:
 MJ
04-09-2003, 3:44 AM
Believe it or not, that is Davros' good side. :eek:
 davrosthedalek
04-09-2003, 8:46 PM
THE HORROR! Why are all the beautiful people cursed with such ugly faces?
 LiMP RABBiT
04-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Being a week after MI's ETA, I presume you have made some minor adjustments to your calendar. Would you give us the updated timetable. PLEASE
 MJ
04-11-2003, 8:11 PM
Sooo... you want a news update, eh?

Well I did aim to have part 1 up earlier in the week. But due to unforseen circumstances, Tom couldn't send me his lines until yesterday. It's going to happen every now and then.

I've listened to all the lines, and probably a few of them are going to need to be re-recorded. His voice is great, he just needs to be a bit edgier, a bit more in your face, and not so calm and rational.

So the majority of part 1 is now done. So I'm HOPING mid next week.
 Incredible_d
04-20-2003, 3:48 PM
As you can see, I changed my Avatar to a character from "The Big Lebowski," one of my favorite movies. It's Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski (Jeff Bridges) drinking a White Russian. As to the "unregistered" thing on top, lets just say I'm a cheapskate when it comes to BMP-JPEG converters.
I sent you my better quality sound files for Decazador in part 2, and I haven't gotten any response. Did you get them?
Page: 1 of 1