Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

StormHammer...

Page: 1 of 1
 The_One
03-30-2003, 7:02 PM
The other day Katarn07 got me thinking (Katarn07 made somebody think! - yes, it's true) about making lots of banners for the MOD in the style of the Dark Trooper 1995 - 2003 one above. Well, I'm going ahead with the idea, and all of them will have different colour lens flare and different models. We'll have the Commando, Boba, Gammo, Kyle and Jan. With regard to the latter, I need your (StormHammer's) help if you're up for it.

A while back you did a cool touch up of Jan, so to speak, from the PDA art in Dark Forces. Looking at the thread you said you knocked it together in half an hour. Would you be prepared to go back, spending some more time on it to make it look even better? Not <i>too</i> amazing, or you'll out-do our model :p But still, you get the picture.

Are you up for this?
 Katarn07
03-30-2003, 7:13 PM
Originally posted by The_One
Katarn07 made somebody think! - yes, it's true

Hey, it happens. I know you're the webmaster and want your site with a pro look, and Stormy's Jan was cool. It does need the proper coloring to look better though.

And I hope you sent him a PM to and did this to let us all know here. The site isn't acting up like it was this afternoon when I was discussing his sketches with him, so they should go through...
 StormHammer
03-31-2003, 12:18 PM
I'd be delighted to help in any way I can. Of course I'll do it!! :cool:

Thanks for asking. ;) I'll look at it again tonight and see what can be done with it. :)

If you need me for any other artistic needs, just let me know.
 StormHammer
04-01-2003, 4:25 PM
You might want to check this out...

http://www.storm.hammer.btinternet.co.uk/JanNew.jpg)

All 338 Kb of her. Hope you like it. ;)
 Katarn07
04-01-2003, 4:37 PM
How do you all like my new title, location, and sig? Thanks alot Rich... I am not mad at you, but it did get me aggrivated to read.

Nice work, again, Stormy.

And for a critique of your art work, I think that rank plate should be silver, instead of the color it is now, though. Other than that ;)
 The_One
04-03-2003, 4:01 PM
Cheers StormHammer! It looks excellent.

I'm on holiday now, so I was working on all the new banners this morning. Extracting some ugly DF sprites, and pasting it all together. Just got to do all the lens flares and text now, then they'll go up with the update at the weekend.

I can't set it up to randomly select banners in the forum, but I had an idea. Perhaps at the end of every month you vote in a forum poll on which banner you want for the following month, then it would constantly change. I will also be adding more banners, the more models we churn out :) Expect a big update to the DT Phase 1 in a few weeks.

And kudos to Katarn07 for this brilliant idea!
 StormHammer
04-03-2003, 5:01 PM
Originally posted by The_One
Cheers StormHammer! It looks excellent.

Thanks. Glad you like it. Tet me know if you need me to tweak it, or in fact, revamp any other old pics like that. ;)

I can't set it up to randomly select banners in the forum, but I had an idea. Perhaps at the end of every month you vote in a forum poll on which banner you want for the following month, then it would constantly change. I will also be adding more banners, the more models we churn out :) Expect a big update to the DT Phase 1 in a few weeks.

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:
Page: 1 of 1