Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

City Militias?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sunshine Badass
03-25-2003, 8:26 PM
On the Stratics sight, thye talk about Town Militias being appointed my the mayor and they have the right to kill ANYONE in the territory without declaring PvP or requests to duel.

Is this true? We will have a city militia once we start up our city, right? And can I join this militia? :DI will keep the peace.:D

We need to enact laws in our city that restrict improper behavior and so our city is not bogged down as a great sight for outlaws to hide and be safe... In other words a "Crime Haven."

Just wondering WHAT exactly we are planning to do to stop "crimes."
 Gaalgoth
03-25-2003, 9:49 PM
Thanks for the contribution, but there already will be one. This is set's territory.
 Jackrabbit
03-25-2003, 10:03 PM
I think a Militia would be good, just as long as we're not too strict. I don't think we should have a town full of criminals and nasty people, but I think it should be casual. I would like a place where people don't start trouble, not because they're afraid of getting arrested, but because it just doesn't seem right. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

I know a way to explain it. In forums, there are mods that are very strict, don't joke around, close any thread that they don't like, and just suck. Then there are mods that actually join in the conversations, they joke around with people, and they act like a real person. When somebody breaks a rule, they politely talk to the person. When somebody does something really bad, they put their foot down. That's how I think our Militia should be.

Of course it is up to Set. I'm just saying....

:deathstar
 Sunshine Badass
03-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Sorry if I am not allowed to post polls... I am out of line.

Well I do believe I have joined Set's branch of the PA, :D and we do need to keep the peace, (Some people are REALLY annoying when they keep on requesting duels, and this could be reported to a militia member) but mainly I am talking about a need for money collection and whoever does NOT pay up when living in our town. ;)
I don't know what exactly was decided in terms of money collection and taxation... (Nothing has been decided yet.:p ) And I don't think that there is much ability for crime in SWG :( ... Bummer.;) I was going to be SUCH a tyrant;) j/k.

But I don't want a militia to go around just killin people they see fit, they are appointed by the mayor of the city and can be removed from their position just as easily if they don't play nice.;)

Mainly, the militia takes care of tresspassers on our territory, and they could protect our mining industry and town from any enemy PA's we run across.

Setsuko? Where are you... Need feedback on your implementation of the militia in terms of money collection.:D

P.S. There seems to a lot off winking in this post. That MUST mean some sort of hidden message!!!
P.S.S. I know there is already a thread for this, but it's somewhat dead and has no poll on the implementation adn laws of the city.
 swediot=)
03-26-2003, 1:15 AM
i see what you mean ..... you think we need a sherrif? right? well in that case i think we should have someone whos funny and can take a joke and who wont arrest people for shooting at them with darts and hitting him wiht sticks instead he proposes water fights
 Sunshine Badass
03-26-2003, 1:59 AM
But then we would need a sherrif for the water fights to make sure they dont get out of hand and "accidentally " end up all over a leader meeting...

I am not sure if Set melts when added to water...:p :D ;)
 setsuko
03-26-2003, 2:53 AM
Well, yes, this falls into my jurнstriction, and it was one of the things I was thinking of doing before being appointed leader for the armed forces.

However, members of the militia would be 'the most trusted' of my soldiers, since it more or less gives you the possibility to screw up the playing experience for other players (dunno, since I haven't read about these rules, but if they are like you describe then, it does). So, it would be a honour to be appointed militia duty, since it means you are trusted by the entire town! Not a small honourary badge, indeed.

On the position of sheriff, well, either I can take it, and appoint a deputy who will help me with the everyday duties, or we could appoint a new sheriff and deputy.

I think the duties of a sheriff/deputy should involve:

A) Keeping players who ruins the game for others out of town

B) Make sure players feels safe in town

and

C) Keep an eye on the town. Does some houses needs to be moved? What does the town community needs the most when we build our next building? Do we need to hire a band for the cantina? These sorts of things. The sheriff would be one of the members who would have the best knowledge of what happens in town, and have the nerves to deal with it.

Anyone interested?

And Jackrabbit is right, brutal unpersonal enforcement of the rules doesn't rhyme well with the way =A= works, both the sheriff and the militia must have the endurance to ask perpetrators to leave, not shoot on sight. They should be able to solve problems without gaining unnecessary enemies. They simply has to be good diplomats and good soldiers at the same time.

And about me melting at contact with water... try me! :D
 Jan Gaarni
03-26-2003, 1:30 PM
*squirts water on Set*

Does it do anything? :D
 Sunshine Badass
03-26-2003, 4:18 PM
*Peers closely to find out*

Hmmm...
 swediot=)
03-26-2003, 11:26 PM
i would like to try sherrif sometime maybe set i mean i am big hairy and scary so i think my character would suit the job i mean who wouldnt feel safe standing next to a towering fuzz ball
 Sunshine Badass
03-26-2003, 11:58 PM
*Checks to make sure arms are still attached*

:( ;) :p :D

Phew

*Wipes brow*
Page: 1 of 1