Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EMI Voice Files

Page: 1 of 1
 Dairhenien
03-25-2003, 1:38 PM
Is there any way to extract the voice files from EMI, short of turning off the music and holding a microphone up to the speakers? Thanks!
 jannar85
03-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Not currently, but if you have Soundblaster Live, you can easily record the voices. If you go into the master volume -> options -> Recording, then you can check a option called 'What you hear' or something similar. It's the first tab.

Now, you can open a recording program, press record, open CMI, and turn down the music and soundvolume, and then you can only get voices.

:)
 Dairhenien
03-26-2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the fast response. I'll give it a try!
 john_doe
03-26-2003, 2:32 PM
This won't really be of any help, but still:
I once made a wve->wav converter for the EMI voice files that was heavily based on ScummRevisited code to decompress Grim Fandango sounds. Sadly I lost the code to it along with other SCUMM stuff... :(
AFAIK the EMI files have a slightly different structure but it shouldn't be too hard. I would make it myself but I've got nearly no spare time these days.
 Dairhenien
03-26-2003, 4:28 PM
Unfortunately, I have the experience of a well trained weasel as far as it comes to comes to computers. I wouldn't know where to begin doing what you suggest. :) Thanks for the info, though. :D
 jannar85
03-27-2003, 7:12 AM
Did it work by the way?
 Dairhenien
03-27-2003, 8:01 AM
I don't have SB Live, but I do have another program called Creative Recorder that lets me write to .wav whatever's coming out of the speakers. It'll take a bit of editing to get just the sounds I want, but I guess it'll be worth it for certain ones. Thanks again.
 john_doe
03-27-2003, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by jannar85
Did it work by the way?

If you mean the tool, yes it worked with all the files I tested it with.
 jannar85
03-31-2003, 5:22 AM
I did ask Dairhenien, John ;)
 john_doe
03-31-2003, 7:02 AM
Originally posted by jannar85
I did ask Dairhenien, John ;)

I almost thought so :)
 TheJaguar
04-29-2003, 9:15 PM
You can use the EMI Resourse Viewer to extract the sounds from EMI. The links are in the Readme First thread.
Page: 1 of 1