Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your fav Indiana Jones

Page: 1 of 1
 JediNyt
03-25-2003, 4:50 AM
I love the trilogy equally myself. I saw one Young Indy once and was not impressed. :snear:

Btw does anyone have any news on whats happening with Indy 4? :indy:
 Darth Groovy
03-25-2003, 9:43 AM
Good Thread Pal,

The Raiders Trilogy was only second to the SW Trilogy. I wanted to be an archeologist growing up, because Indianna Jones was my favorite.

Raiders was my favorite movie, I watched it constantly, and never tired of it. Truly one of Harrison Ford's finest moments.

I also had a Indianna Jones "choose your own adventure" book which got me into scholastics and writing at a very early age. I owe alot to Indy as being an integral part of my childhood.
 Taos
03-25-2003, 10:56 AM
I love the trilogy equally, but I guess if I had to choose a favorite, it would be the Last Crusade. That movie was just so fun! Harrison Ford and Sean Connery together.....it doesn't get much better. :D

I heard they are making a forth one and I can't wait for that to come out! :D
 leXX
03-25-2003, 3:40 PM
Ditto Leemu, The Last Crusade slightly edges it for me. Like you said, Ford and Connery made the perfect combination, I could have sat down for hours on end watching those two. Plus I loved the storyline in that film, the quest for the holy grail. The tasks at the end were great, especially when he has to take the leap of faith. Such a great film.

However, having said all that, I voted for I loved them all, because I do. The Indiana Jones Trilogy is second only to Star Wars, as Groovy said.
 Darklighter
03-25-2003, 4:38 PM
Last Crusade is my fave too:DIt's the one I've watched most of. Just love the story, like you guys said, Connery and Harrison are a great pair. I love it how Connery always calls Indiana "Junior". Hilarious stuff:D
 ckcsaber
03-25-2003, 5:19 PM
I really love them all, but "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is ahead of the other 2 IMO.

First, it was probably the first "real" action flick i'd ever seen, and it was the first time I met Docter Jones. Raiders really blew me away, and gave me a whole new defintion of movies (I hadn't seen star wars yet:D ). All of it was great, from Indy's sarcastic/funny quips down to his cool-ass outfit. The boulder scene was great, and the Bar fight in Mongolia was just plain cool.

Temple of Doom was also really great, and it brought us Short Round, one of the coolest sidekicks in movie history.

Last Crusade was also cool for the above-mentioned reasons, and Sean Connery is just a fantastic actor!
 Katarn07
03-25-2003, 6:39 PM
Well, I love them all, so that's what I voted. I do like ToD, but Raiders and Last Crusade are just ahead, and Last Crusade just ahead that. Depends on my mood I guess. LC is funny and full of non-stop action, RotLA is just as action full, but no Connery, and ToD is a bit of a stretch of the imagination. Maybe if they were doing stuff with Christian relics, I might not find it so hard to believe.

I loved the Young Indy films I rented/ own.

I own Mystery of the Blues and Desert Daredevils, saw one with Dracula on Sci-Fi (to fantasy-like for my tastes, but what am I gonna do?), and rented Peacock's Eye and Train of Doom.

Train of Doom is probably my favorite alongside of Peacock's Eye. Like Raiders and Crusade, they are classic Indy and the guy that plays Indy is soooooooooooo much better than the druggie that plays him in Crusade.

Indy is great. I liked those before I ever knew what SW was outside of Muppet Babies! :D :p :D

Yup, 2nd to SW. :cool:
 ckcsaber
03-25-2003, 6:45 PM
Originally posted by JediNyt

Btw does anyone have any news on whats happening with Indy 4? :indy: [/B]

Not too much news floating around yet. I know its set for release in 2005.

This is where I get all my Indy 4 news
Indy 4 news (http://filmforce.ign.com/moremovies/objects/33714.html)
 Darth Groovy
03-25-2003, 7:34 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
I love the trilogy equally, but I guess if I had to choose a favorite, it would be the Last Crusade. That movie was just so fun! Harrison Ford and Sean Connery together.....it doesn't get much better. :D

I heard they are making a forth one and I can't wait for that to come out! :D

What is interesting about the Last Crusade, is that the whole concept of Indianna Jones started when Stephen Speilberg and George Lucas got together on a beach and decided that it would be fun to direct a James Bond film. The Bond Idea evovled into the Indianna Jones Character which did borrow heavily from Gunga Din, but had a fast paced comic like action hero element. By The Last Crusade the homoge was complete by casting Connery as Dr. Jones Senior. There was even a throwback to the punchline with Indy being the family dog's name which was Lucas's Dog's name as well. Two Great directors got together and made a whole new genre, out of fun.

BTW, I just wanted to comment on ckcsaber's sig. I have seen alot of cool sig images, but yours is the most unique and entertaining I have seen yet. Very original and clever. I am not a big Queen fan or anything, but I would love to do something like that with a David Bowie song and avatar, but I don't wanna rip off your idea. Plus I can never seem to let go of my Darth Maul, I'm just too attached to it! Kudos to you! Nice work!:thumbsup:
 dark jedi 8
03-25-2003, 9:20 PM
my thoughts exactly Leemu! the last crusade is my fave.

i thought the part where indy and connery were escaping on that motercycle was the best, especially when indy jammed that pole into the other guys wheel.........:p :D
 Sivy
03-25-2003, 9:41 PM
for me raiders & crusade are tied with temple slighty behind

indy rocks!
i remember when i was a little boy running around with my grandad's hat and my dad's leather jacket.

i hope they release the dvds soon
 dark jedi 8
03-25-2003, 9:46 PM
i heard that the dvd's will be released by the end of this year, in a trilogy box set!! i cant wait!:D
 Mex
03-26-2003, 1:38 PM
I love the trilogy equally.

But I can't wait for that game! :D:D
 leXX
03-26-2003, 2:04 PM
I didn't think much of the demo unfortunately. :(
 dark jedi 8
03-26-2003, 4:07 PM
the demo was ok, i'll probably wait until the game goes down to around 30 bucks befor i buy it though.
 Darth Eggplant
03-26-2003, 7:30 PM
http://www.wsmcafe.com/new_users/0/2/02261336u2t/image3page4.jpg)

this was actually my favourite one,
but the poll did not include it.
*and it is Lost Ark not Joan of Arc,
who as everyone knows is the
paitron saint of welders.*
http://www.wsmcafe.com/new_users/0/2/02261336u2t/image2page10.gif)
 ckcsaber
03-26-2003, 8:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
BTW, I just wanted to comment on ckcsaber's sig. I have seen alot of cool sig images, but yours is the most unique and entertaining I have seen yet. Very original and clever. I am not a big Queen fan or anything, but I would love to do something like that with a David Bowie song and avatar, but I don't wanna rip off your idea. Plus I can never seem to let go of my Darth Maul, I'm just too attached to it! Kudos to you! Nice work!:thumbsup:

Thanks Groovy! I was originally going to post all the lyrics in my sig, but I thought it was going to take up to much space so I just made the "slideshow" sig instead.
 Lord Fergie
03-26-2003, 10:55 PM
The Last Crusade rules!!!

" I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne "
 Taos
03-26-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
What is interesting about the Last Crusade, is that the whole concept of Indianna Jones started when Stephen Speilberg and George Lucas got together on a beach and decided that it would be fun to direct a James Bond film. The Bond Idea evovled into the Indianna Jones Character which did borrow heavily from Gunga Din, but had a fast paced comic like action hero element. By The Last Crusade the homoge was complete by casting Connery as Dr. Jones Senior. There was even a throwback to the punchline with Indy being the family dog's name which was Lucas's Dog's name as well. Two Great directors got together and made a whole new genre, out of fun.

I had no idea at all......I remember hearing something that Lucas and Speilberg had gotten together but I didn't know what went on between them. That's great info Grooves! :)
 boinga1
03-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8
the demo was ok, i'll probably wait until the game goes down to around 30 bucks befor i buy it though.

sorry for the off-topic but: what demo? where?!!?
 dark jedi 8
03-28-2003, 8:51 PM
the one in the March 2003 issue of the official x-box magazine.:)
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
03-29-2003, 6:10 AM
Good poll!

I'd have to say Last Crusade because of Connery. I was a huge fan of Temple of Doom. I loved that movie too!

Ahhh.... that was a great series.

Best movie series of all time:

Starwars
StarTrek
Matrix (you know it's gonna rock)
Indiana Jones
Police Academy (yeah right lol)
The Pokemon movies!!!! Bwa ha ha ha April fools!!
 coupes.
03-31-2003, 1:49 AM
i voted for Last Crusade, mostly because of Sean Connery, gotta love that actor!

my favorite indy moment though is in Raiders, when that fakir guy swirls his saber around... and Indy just shoots the crap out of him...

hope they don't make a SE where the fakir shoots firt...
 Snafu7
04-02-2003, 10:34 AM
i'd say The Raiders of the Lost Arc
 Lynk Former
04-02-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-
The Pokemon movies!!!! Bwa ha ha ha April fools!!

Movie 2 was aright... I swear when Lugia fired it's Aeroblast the whole house shoock (i was watching it on dvd and on my bro's setup which can make u def)
 Darth Groovy
04-03-2003, 1:13 AM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
i voted for Last Crusade, mostly because of Sean Connery, gotta love that actor!

my favorite indy moment though is in Raiders, when that fakir guy swirls his saber around... and Indy just shoots the crap out of him...

hope they don't make a SE where the fakir shoots firt...

*giggles*

For once, I agree with you. That scene bugged me, Solo was more interesting when you were unsure what he was capable of. They need to nix that redux.
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 11:59 AM
I liked the whole trilogy. I'm not sure they should make a 4th - there's a tendency not to leave a good thing alone, and exploit it until it isn't fun any more.

I'm thinking of trying out the new game sometime soon...other Indy games haven't impressed me much, but brawling with enemies appeals to me. :D

As others have said, I can never tire of watching those movies. :thumbsup:
 teutonicknight
04-19-2003, 12:57 AM
I like them all too... but I'm kinda leaning towards The Raiders of the Lost Arc becasue that one was the first one I saw and it was the one that really wowed me and got me interested in Indy.
Page: 1 of 1