Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I have a question about Jedi Master Syfodias (or however you spell his name)...

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth NeoVenom
03-24-2003, 12:46 PM
I was curious about knowing who is Jedi Master Syfodias. There is no infomation on him. Another question, who asked for the Clone Army, was it Count Dooku making believe he was Jedi Master Syfodias? :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Darth Groovy
03-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Probably some meat puppet pawn of Palpatine. I bet Episode III will explain this, they got alot of explaining left to do. For example, whey does Obi, and Yoda dissapear when they die, but not other Jedi like Qui-Gon, and all the Jedi that became cannon fodder in the battle of Geonosis.

Hey that's a sexy sig and avatar you got there! :D
 Darth NeoVenom
03-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Maybe because they died in peace or were prepared for death. That'z my assumption. Oh and thankz for the compliment Darth Groovy ;). I made the avatar but someone did the sig for me :D. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Darth Groovy
03-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom
Maybe because they died in peace or were prepared for death. That'z my assumption. Oh and thankz for the compliment Darth Groovy ;). I made the avatar but someone did the sig for me :D. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:

By chance are his initials DL? :D
 Darth NeoVenom
03-24-2003, 1:00 PM
Nah, actually Lost Welshman made it for me. :D DL made me a sig as well, but not of Darth Maul.
 Breton
03-24-2003, 2:17 PM
The only thing we know about Sifo Dyas is that he died before TPM. Also, as we also know the Jedi Council did not know about the Sith's return by then, his death was either natural or mysterious.

Or, Lama Su could be wrong, and Sifo Dyas is another name for Qui-Gon Jinn.
 Darth NeoVenom
03-24-2003, 2:58 PM
Correct me if I am wrong...but didn't Obi-Wan Kenobi said that Sifo Dyas died 10 years before Attack of the Clones. That meanz that Sifo Dyas was still alive during The Phantom Menace and he supposely asked for a Clone army right after The Phantom Menace. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Breton
03-24-2003, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom
Correct me if I am wrong...but didn't Obi-Wan Kenobi said that Sifo Dyas died 10 years before Attack of the Clones. That meanz that Sifo Dyas was still alive during The Phantom Menace and he supposely asked for a Clone army right after The Phantom Menace. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:

Lama Su asked: "Sifo Dyas is still a leading member of the Jedi Council, is he not?". Yet, he was never at the Jedi Council. Most likely, he died not long before TPM.

Just a pleasure to correct you ;)
 Katarn07
03-24-2003, 4:37 PM
Why would Qui-Gon do it? I never read the theory. Inform us all, JM.
 Breton
03-24-2003, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Why would Qui-Gon do it? I never read the theory. Inform us all, JM.

At least my belief is that it wasn't Sifo Dyas that ordered the clones - it was Count Dooku acting under that name. But here are some reason on why Sifo Dyas might be Qui-Gon Jinn:

-He died almost ten years before AoTC, just as Qui-Gon
-When Lama Su thinks that Sifo is Obi-Wan's master, Obi-Wan does nothing to deny that.
-Count Dooku was Qui-Gon's old master, and therefore it would not be hard for Dooku to assume the identity of Sifo Dyas if he had been so close to him
-When Obi-Wan tells Yoda and Mace Windu about Sifo supposedly having ordered the clones, Yoda and Mace exchange typical "Not again!" looks. Perhaps because this was something Qui-Gon/Sifo would actually do (since Qui-Gon was quite a rebel and did things his own way).
-"Did the council ever authorized the creation of a clone army?". The tone in his voice kind of indicates my previous point, and Obi wasn't very suprised of the answer either.
-As I stated earlier, if Sifo isn't Qui-Gon, he would have to have died just before TPM. But the conditions of the Jedi Council and the Republic is suprisingly calm considering they have just lost one of the leading members of the Council.

But on the other hand, there is the "Sifo Dyas is still a leading member of the Jedi Council, is he not?" said by Lama Su. Qui-Gon was never a member of the Jedi Council. On the other hand however, it may have been natural for Lama to think so, as Qui-Gon was one of the leading Jedi Masters, and would defidently have been on the Council if he had been a bit more trustful to it.
 Katarn07
03-24-2003, 5:46 PM
Interesting. I still hold the Sifo = Dooku theory though. He died, Dooku took the alias in the order. That's what I got outta it. There are 100 page long threads over at SW, but they all come to the same conclusion I think. Wait for EPIII...
 Breton
03-24-2003, 5:58 PM
Interesting. I still hold the Sifo = Dooku theory though. He died, Dooku took the alias in the order. That's what I got outta it. There are 100 page long threads over at SW, but they all come to the same conclusion I think. Wait for EPIII...

Indeed, I too belive Dooku took his identity and ordered the clones. But the question is: Who was Sifo Dyas in the first place? He is barely mentioned at SW.com, wich indicates that they want to keep his identity secret until ep3. Wich means there has got to be something special with it.
 Reborn Outcast
03-24-2003, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
-When Lama Su thinks that Sifo is Obi-Wan's master, Obi-Wan does nothing to deny that.

Well, this was because if he had denyed it, then they wouldn't have shown Obi the clone army because they thought it was for Sifo only.

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
-"Did the council ever authorized the creation of a clone army?". The tone in his voice kind of indicates my previous point, and Obi wasn't very suprised of the answer either.

*cough* bad acting *cough*

:D
 Darth NeoVenom
03-24-2003, 6:58 PM
I think too that is was Count Dooku pretending to be Sifo Dyas. Either he took Sifo Dyas identity or he just named himself that. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Sivy
03-24-2003, 7:11 PM
there's a web page dedicated to the theory that mace is the traitor and he ordered the clones using Syfodias' name.
i wish i could remember the address.. it had some interesting takes on it

now i seriously doubt that it is mace, just as i doubt it was qui-gon.

but then until we see ep III and find out for sure, it really could of been anyone

jar-jar perhaps, after all he's the mastermind behind it all

:D

my money's on dooku,

he recruited jango & he would of been able to wipe kamino from the archives
 Darth NeoVenom
03-24-2003, 7:14 PM
That will be extremely funny if it'z Jar Jar Binks...haha :p
 dark jedi 8
03-24-2003, 9:01 PM
now i don't think that syfo-dyas is a made up name because obi-wan seemed to know who they were talking about. and when lama su asked if syfo-dyas was still a member of the leading council. obi responded that syfo-dyas had died almost ten years ago, meaning that it would be right after the events of TPM, not before them. i think ep.III will clerify this up for everyone. in the ep.II dvd commentary, GL did say that he would go into more detail into who erased kamino from the arckive memory. it could be the same person who ordered the clone army.
 Darth NeoVenom
03-24-2003, 9:10 PM
So I was right about Sifo Dyas still being alive in Episode I? :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 dark jedi 8
03-24-2003, 9:13 PM
i'm pretty sure.
and by the way, nice sig!!:D
 Darth NeoVenom
03-24-2003, 9:16 PM
Thankz :D
 BCanr2d2
03-25-2003, 6:11 AM
Of what we know, it seems as if Sifo Dyas was alive at the time of TPM. With Obi, Yoda and Mace knowing the name when it was mentioned, obviously it was a real life Jedi. Although we don't know how they died, so it could've been something that wasn't totally explained at the time, a "mysterious death" or some weird accident... (A faking their own death thing kind of thing)

We are lead to believe that only Dooku is the only Jedi to have left the order, or at least the movie suggests that. So, when they mention the deletion of the information only done by Jedi, so Dooku is the man. AOTC doesn't tell us very much, but has us assuming things, which are no doubt incorrect....

My personal theory, R2, he seems to be in everything in the SW universe..............
 Breton
03-25-2003, 1:49 PM
But Sifo Dyas couldn't have been alive by TPM. He wasn't at the Jedi Council in the movie.
 Darth NeoVenom
03-25-2003, 3:37 PM
Did they mention all the Jedi Council members in The Phantom Menace? Maybe it was Palpatine. He probably knew who was Syfo Dias and took up his identity. They didn't mention Syfo Dyas in Shadow Hunter and that took place before The Phantom Menace. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Breton
03-25-2003, 3:56 PM
The Jedi Council members in TPM are:

Yoda
Mace Windu
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Yaddle
Oppo Rancisis
Yarael Poof
Even Piell
Eeth Koth
Plo Koon
Depa Billaba
Adi Gallia
Saesee Tiin
 Darth NeoVenom
03-25-2003, 4:00 PM
Thankz for the info JM Qui-Gon Jinn. Maybe they will describe more about Sifo Dyas in Episode III. But like I said before, they don't mention anything about him in Shadow Hunter. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Breton
03-25-2003, 4:09 PM
You're welcome :thumbsup:.

But since Lucas didn't write Shadow Hunter, it can't really be counted as canon. The writer of that book most likely didn't know about Sifo Dyas at the time of the writing.
 Darth NeoVenom
03-25-2003, 4:12 PM
That could be true, but who knows. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 SE_Vader_536
03-25-2003, 4:22 PM
yes we all wish we knew...
 Darth NeoVenom
03-25-2003, 4:32 PM
I believe that all our questions about Sifo Dyas will probably be answered in Episode III. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Katarn07
03-25-2003, 5:05 PM
Anyhow, Shadow Hunter takes place days before the Phantom Menace. I doubt he would get mention in there anyhow. And don't pull out Cloak of Deception, because that took place no more than a year before TPM.
 dark jedi 8
03-25-2003, 9:56 PM
i don't think sifo-dyas was ever a member of the jedi council. the person who took his identity, assuming thats what happened, probably told the kaminoans that they were on the council to be able to give an order for an army.
and i do also agree that this question will be answered in EP.III., hopefully.:)
 Reborn Outcast
03-25-2003, 9:59 PM
Anyhow, Shadow Hunter takes place days before the Phantom Menace. I doubt he would get mention in there anyhow. And don't pull out Cloak of Deception, because that took place no more than a year before TPM.

How about "The Approaching Storm"? I just bought that and I'm wondering if that gives any info...
 Sivy
03-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Reborn Outcast
How about "The Approaching Storm"? I just bought that and I'm wondering if that gives any info...

no
 Darth NeoVenom
03-25-2003, 10:40 PM
The fact is that Sifo Dyas existed at some point, the only thing is that there's not that much information on this Jedi. Who knows when he died. I know that Obi-Wan Kenobi said something about Sifo Dyas death. Maybe it'z 10 years ago sometime before The Phantom Menace, maybe right after. I'm not so sure now. I gotta watch Episode II again to see what exactly Obi-Wan said, haha. :D :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 boinga1
03-25-2003, 10:54 PM
my idea: sifo dias dies after tpm. palp, looking for a cover, picks him cuz he;s a jedi who just died;hence, when the jedi find the army, they may believe that it was really sifo dias. palp orders clones (or dooku).
 Darth NeoVenom
03-25-2003, 11:10 PM
That was my suggestion too, boinga1. That Palpatine took Sifo Dyas' name and used it. He probably killed Sifo Dyas himself. Who know... :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 SE_Vader_536
03-26-2003, 3:56 PM
That threoy sounds feasable.
 dark jedi 8
03-26-2003, 4:25 PM
yeah, it coulda happened that way. sounds like the best reason so far.
 Breton
03-26-2003, 4:58 PM
To me, it sounds more likely that Count Dooku did that. We already know it was he who hired Jango Fett, and we know that it would have to be him that erased the Kamino datas from the Jedi archives. So basically, it seems Sidious lets Tyranus do all the dirty work, while Sid is "the man with the plan".
 Darth NeoVenom
03-26-2003, 5:34 PM
True, Count Dooku was a Jedi Master. He was able to get into the Jedi Academy system files and erased Kamino's data. Count Dooku probably knew who was Sifo Dyas and told Darth Sidious about him. Then, most likely, him or Count Dooku went to Kamino and took up the identity of Sifo Dyas. :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 dark jedi 8
03-26-2003, 8:21 PM
ya forget that anakin really looked up to palpatine, maybe palpatine told anakin to just erase it or something. pretty far-stretched, but hey anything's possible until we see in Ep.III.
 BCanr2d2
03-27-2003, 3:43 AM
It is all what we are lead to believe. So right at the moment, we can put together that Dooku deleted the data, since he was formerly a Jedi, therefore would have the access to delete it, but don't be surprised if that isn't the case...

As for Sifo Dyas, it is more likely than not that he wasn't a leading member of the Jedi Council, but that is what he told them at Kamino. Still the general opinion is that he died after TPM finished, not before.

Don't take too much of what has been revealed in the two prequel movies so far, we may have everything turned upside down in Episode 3...
 SE_Vader_536
03-27-2003, 4:13 PM
that's a big may
 Katarn07
03-27-2003, 4:19 PM
Originally posted by Sivy B
no

LMAO

That took place days before AotC, I'm sure. That's the mission Windu was talking about. I have yet to read that one. Maybe my library has it. It's only been a year since it was released, so I don't know...

I HATE MY LIBRARY!!!
 dark jedi 8
03-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SE_Vader_536
that's a big may

yeah it is. GL will probably say it was jar jar or something stupid just to piss the fans off.:rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1