Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cia says Sadam not dead

Page: 1 of 1
 griff38
03-22-2003, 8:43 AM
The Cia is now very sure Sadam survived the suprise initial bomb attack meant to kill him.

What happens if they don't find him? It will be as bad as Bin Laden still running around out there.
 obi
03-22-2003, 8:47 AM
Originally posted by griff38
It will be as bad as Bin Laden still running around out there.

Heh, I was about to mention Bin Laden. ;)

If Saddam survived, which I am sure he did, the war will go on like the president intended. It could take years to find Saddam, it could take weeks, it could take days, it could take hours. Maybe we will never find him at all. But what I feel is that as long as he is out of the capital, then Bush, or whoever is in charge of this, will replace the old regime with a new one with special guards and whatnot.
 Taos
03-22-2003, 9:15 AM
I'm really not surprised that he isn't dead. I bet he has caves/tunnels in that city that are hudreds of feet below the surface. So I'm sure he's running through the catacombs. We will find him...it's just a question of when.
 Luc Solar
03-22-2003, 12:02 PM
I say he is wounded or dead.

They have shown videotapes of him after the bombing to ensure everyone that he is still alive. Now... if he really wanted people to believe he survived (which makes sense), would he not mention the attempted murder!? That way his people would be sure it's not just a recording made long before the war began.

If Saddam falls, his army will probably surrender within days. Saddam *needs* to prove he is still alive.
 wassup
03-23-2003, 1:32 AM
Hes dead, hes not dead...make up your mind!! :rolleyes:

Note I am referring to the CIA or whoever first reported this, and am in no way flaming any LFers
Page: 1 of 1