Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I hope you'll all be there....

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Rive
03-18-2003, 9:55 PM
www.stopthewar.org.uk)

Dammit people! Turn up! Come on, we need this crap stoped before it goes too far!
 Tie Guy
03-18-2003, 9:59 PM
You're joking, right? The war might be over before the 22nd.
 Darth_Rive
03-18-2003, 10:00 PM
NO, I'm not joking. Turn up.
 Tie Guy
03-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Well....no. I'll tell you right now i wouldn't consider such a thing if it was in my backyard, much less England.

And you know, i wonder why you people who oppose war and want to "stop this crap" don't want to stop Iraq's crap. You do know that he lets 6000 children die of starvation every month so that he can create weapons of terror and luxurious palaces for himself, right?
 Darth_Rive
03-18-2003, 10:53 PM
Why?

This is why:

On www.stopthewar.org.uk) :

"Blair <and Bush are> planning to bomb a country whose population are 42% children. The child in the picture (http://www.stopwar.org.uk/photos/iraqichild2m.jpg) was one of two killed just last week when a bomb from a Coalition aircraft mistakenly hit a residential area of Bazra in Southern Iraq."
 Taos
03-18-2003, 11:03 PM
I don't want a war either, but Saddam must be removed from power. Diplomacy has been tried and tried. Sadly, there is only one choice left. :(
 Rogue15
03-18-2003, 11:35 PM
sadaam's had his 12 years to get rid of those weapons. bush should've ordered an attack to be had the second he came on tv last night, that could've taken them by surprise.
 wassup
03-19-2003, 1:17 AM
Uh...please don't force people on these forums to do or do not something. Asking is ok, force is not ok. :D

Anyways, I frankly don't really care about the war. Just trying to ride out the storm that is the "Bush adminstration" and wait for the next prez.

*hides in corner
 JediNyt
03-19-2003, 2:06 AM
Yeah me too, Im gonna try to stay out of it all. Theres too much controversy for me to make a judgement on the war. I just hope that Saddam is eliminated and Iraq rebuilt into a prosperous nation without lots of collateral damage from either side. If theres lots of casualties it will not be a full victory in my eyes.
 Rogue15
03-19-2003, 11:16 AM
I had a dream last night that the draft was activated. =(
 Darth_Rive
03-19-2003, 11:33 AM
You're scared of a breeze? :D

Seriously though, if they start up National Service in the UK, there is no way in hell I'm going. I'm not fighting for some sh*t I don'r believe in.
 Tie Guy
03-19-2003, 5:08 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rive
You're scared of a breeze? :D

Seriously though, if they start up National Service in the UK, there is no way in hell I'm going. I'm not fighting for some sh*t I don'r believe in.

You wouldn't fight for you're country no matter what? Some citizen, some person, you are. You worried more about yourself than anything else it seems. Understandable, but sad.

Besides, they won't need the draft, most military experts i've heard say the fighting will be over in less than a fortnight. The real need will be more aid volunteers and donations, so we can make the Iraqi people healthy and prosperous again.
 Ninja Outkast
03-19-2003, 5:29 PM
War is the only way to remove Saddam from doing more damage I dont want a war wither
 ckcsaber
03-19-2003, 5:34 PM
Man, I couldn't AFFORD flying to London, let alone sit through a war protest:rolleyes: .

Sorry Rive.
 Ninja Outkast
03-19-2003, 5:37 PM
It's gonna start tommorow or sometime in the very near future.
What's a protest gonna do?
 dark jedi 8
03-19-2003, 7:22 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
I don't want a war either, but Saddam must be removed from power. Diplomacy has been tried and tried. Sadly, there is only one choice left. :(

yep, i agree. but suddam has less that an hour as of now to get out of the country, and he's not gonna leave. besides the war will probably be over in less than 3 days anyway.
 Darth_Rive
03-19-2003, 7:57 PM
Well, no, obviously, I meant turn up to your respective meetings in your various countries.

Ninja Outcast originally posted:

What's a protest gonna do?

A protest will do more than sitting at home saying, "what good will that do?"
 boinga1
03-20-2003, 9:28 PM
eh...ummm...no, i don't think i can be there...although i don't support war...and it looks too late now anyways...
 lukeiamyourdad
03-21-2003, 9:21 PM
As some can remember, I'm against this war. But there is nothing to do but wait and hope that there won't be too much civilian casualties...
 Ninja Outkast
03-21-2003, 9:35 PM
Actually, we need this war to show america is strong and wont take any more terrorism
 boinga1
03-21-2003, 10:10 PM
terrorism. that's a good one. when have iraquis sent terrorists here? the last major terrorist attack was two years ago in 2001. thaT WAS al qaeda. suddam is not al qaeda as far as i know. if he was, we would have attacked a year and a half ago, not now.

and strong? believe me, most countries think we're making fools of ourselves.
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
03-29-2003, 6:18 AM
That's odd.....

Groovy should have been here by now wit ha whitty yet informative sign that belittles a thread like this. Then again you have the right to Freedom of Speach like the rest of us Americans

*Reads thread a little more*

Whoops.... he he he... my bad. Continue on with your protest. I'll write my buddies on the front line (protecting our rights) and see if they'll agree and let terrorism rule us all. Maybe Saddam will just forget about making chemical weapons for a while and take up basket weaving instead.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

:rolleyes:
 Bob Gnarly
03-29-2003, 9:03 AM
dont stop the war, im from Syria (right beside iIraq) and i think its time for sadaam to die, hes been a tyrant long enough, im glad george bush is doing this....but i still think hes an ass :p
 Lynk Former
03-29-2003, 10:29 AM
there's a war on? :confused:

:D sorry i'm trying to stay war free... it's bad for your health you know
 Darth_Rive
03-30-2003, 8:16 PM
Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-
Maybe Saddam will just forget about making chemical weapons for a while and take up basket weaving instead.

Umm, I think you'll find that most of his dual-use chemicals (ie chemicals for various manufacturing processes that can be used as weapons as well) and the such are actually made in the UK, US, Russia, and other surrounding areas, sadly, and are exported to them.

And besides, it's been ELEVEN days now, the "coalition" forces have killed almost as many of their own troops as enemies, have basically failed to "liberate" any major cities as planned, are still fighting in Basra, Um Qatr, and haven't made it to Baghdad yet (probably there are a few more markets still standing and trading).

More to the point, the war is still being fought in Afghanistan (http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanistan/story/0,1284,918121,00.html), and yet Mr Rumsfeld in his infinite wisdom has decided to announce that war is next to be declared on Iran and Syria (http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0915-01.htm). Funny how it links nicely in with a little-know organisation called the PNAC (http://www.newamericancentury.org/)....

Enjoy your literature ladies and gentlemen.
 Bob Gnarly
03-30-2003, 9:04 PM
you know....im sorry to say this, but im sick of hippies like you Darth_Rive who want to stop a libaration of people who are being ruled by a guy who wants you dead!

sorry if i offended you but i just had to say it....the thing that set me off was yesterday the damn suicide bomber! he killed 4 men that went to help him!
 leXX
03-31-2003, 3:43 AM
Refrain from flaming other members Kingpin. :tsk:

If you can't put your point across in a mature manner, don't say anything at all.
Page: 1 of 1