Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Seems like everyone needs this so... "The COOL Down Thread"

Page: 1 of 1
 Reborn Outcast
03-16-2003, 8:15 AM
Wow, it seems that tempers have been flaring here in the Senate and I think there needs to be a thread in which people can just cool down by answering the following question. :D

So what would the REAL Galactic Senate do in these times where everyone is getting angry? Answer: THEY WOULD GO ON VACATION!!!

So my "Cool down" question for you guys is...

Where is your favorite place to go on vacation?

Mine would have to be... Florida to see my grand-parents!!! They have a boat and everything and they live right on the beach so its fun to go out deep sea fishing with my grand-dad!!

(Mods if you don't like this thread, please close it but please don't MOVE it because I'm trying to do this for the benefit of the Senate. :D )
 BigTeddyPaul
03-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Ahhh about three and a half hours north from where I live therel lies my families cottage/cabin which has been owned for aoubt 50 years. It has a creek right behind it where you can fish, a marsh in front where you can wrestle (mych to the (dismay of my grandmother becuase it leavers a giant brown hole in the marsh for like 5 monhts), and there is no one around yet it. Lets just say ou could walk around naked and unless someone went out of their way they would not find you. OHHHH! And we hae an actual indian buril ground located on our land. Many years ago about 5 bodies were discovered there. Very cool. About 5 years ago there was a fierce snow storm and we had to tear part of the house down and rebuild. Knowing my grandparents they spent a lot to have it "upgraded" in luxury terms. We were given a running bathroom (hot showers and no more pooping in a smelly hole), go carts to ride around on, and Satellite TV. He also has a 64 up there but he likes to bring his PS2 because it has more racing games.

I love that place. My mother wants to be buried there, in the marsh, to be more specific. I don't think I would ever wrestle there again if that happened.

BigTeddyPaul
 ckcsaber
03-16-2003, 1:55 PM
I'd like to go back to south-eastern Asia, and visit it all again. Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia.....
 wassup
03-16-2003, 3:11 PM
I like to visit a snowy place, like Canada. I live in San Diego, theres no snow here. :(
 Weapon X
03-16-2003, 3:11 PM
i like to let loose in south dakota, all parts of the state, especially the black hills though, lots of my family lives there and it's the place of my birth. it's just fun, and also, i like to walk and ride around the wyoming part of the rocky mountains, all over, it's fun and gets you in shape cuz it's high altitude and you can get really secluded, unless there's dumb tourists coming up, then it gets gay, so you gots to have fun w/them ;)
 Reborn Outcast
03-16-2003, 3:20 PM
Sweet guys those sound cool. :D I forgot one place though. My grand-parents also own a house in the Catskill Mountains in New York State. Its almost in the middle of nowhere and its sooo fun. Hills everywhere, woods behind the house where you can take hikes, and to the front, across the road, there is a path through the woods that leads to a lake. It looks so nic ehter and its even better when the whole family is there...
 Luc Solar
03-16-2003, 3:56 PM
I'd love to go back to Rhodes. We spent our honeymoon there and..well... that was two weeks I'll never forget :) :naughty:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p56f78a9ad982e6f5b348b243460d7c2f/fc7f133d.jpg)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p8ccdcbcefdca75d6ac93cde854ff7995/fc7f1340.jpg)

(why won't images load up like they are supposed to? :swear: Oh well - check "properties", copy-paste that and it should show up.)
 Darklighter
03-16-2003, 4:00 PM
They're showing up for me. Wow that place looks really beautiful. That your wife in the first pic?

I'd like to go to America or Canadian to visit some of my online friends ^_^ lol. I'd like to go to Toronto in Canada or New York or Los Angeles. I just need to get away from here for a bit:D
 Luc Solar
03-16-2003, 4:18 PM
Eeeh...my wife is in both pics if you look closely. (they're pics of "real" pics I took just now, so that's why they're a bit weird..and that explains the k00L UFO [=the flash from the digicam] thingie too...)

For some reason I only see the address, not the pic.

Damn you Yankees! I will so VЂTo Ur ass! :swear: ;)
 C'jais
03-16-2003, 4:21 PM
My favourite place (also pretty much the only one outside my country) would be south England - the area around Brighton, specifically.

My English family have a nice house just 5 meters from the beach. Occasionally we go to a wildlife area called Fairlight, which is just flat out gorgeous in the right sunlight - it's like a jungle with a massive growth of plants, and steep cliffs to the beachside (the beach is a nudist beach, I might add :naughty:. Paradise.

If you should ever find yourself in southern England in the summertime, do visit that place for me (:

Your wife is radiant, Luc ;)
 Reborn Outcast
03-16-2003, 4:33 PM
C'jais likes to look at the nude men? :eek:

*Suddenly becomes cold*

;) :D
 Luc Solar
03-16-2003, 4:58 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
Your wife is radiant, Luc ;)

You have no idea... :) I'd love to post pics, but that would not be appropriate. That's why I chose the ones that are taken from a distance. ;)

And I have no idea how on earth I got her, must have been some freak-accident. :D
She is 4 months pregnant now...and getting more radiant every day.

You want to see the luckiest guy in the world >>

Yea! That's me! :bounce1:
 Reborn Outcast
03-16-2003, 5:01 PM
WE WANT PICS!!!

I thought she was very radiant also. :D
 Luc Solar
03-16-2003, 5:47 PM
You know... I thought about that. I checked the pics I have on my comp and thought about it....and I came to the conclusion that "what the hell!".... but decided to do the direct opposite, because that is what I suspect my sober mind would say.

So you guys just have to stick with the pics you got.

But let me tell you... I after watching an episode of Baywatch I feel that I'm definitetly going to stick with what I got. : )

A word of caution: "Women; you can't live with 'em...

.......period."

*Al Bundy*

No seriously... brunettes --> be cool. They're spicy, they're mean, but they are definitely worth it! ;)
 Reborn Outcast
03-16-2003, 5:50 PM
Hey, tell your wife that she made a good choice on a husband and that I hope you guys have a boy!!! :D

Also, tell her to name him (if it is a him) Ben. Thats my name and its so beautiful. :D
 Wacky_Baccy
03-16-2003, 9:14 PM
*decides he really ought to stop just reading so much and actually post a bit too*

This thread seemed like the best ["least dangerous"] place to start again :D
Posted by C'jais
My favourite place (also pretty much the only one outside my country) would be south England - the area around Brighton, specifically.Are you feeling all right? You like England? O.o

Ohhh, I forgot - you're from Denmark - that explains it then :D ;)

My English family have a nice house just 5 meters from the beach. Occasionally we go to a wildlife area called Fairlight, which is just flat out gorgeous in the right sunlight - it's like a jungle with a massive growth of plants, and steep cliffs to the beachside (the beach is a nudist beach, I might add :naughty:. Paradise.You're worse than I thought you were! :lol:

If you should ever find yourself in southern England in the summertime, do visit that place for me (:
My grandparents live pretty close to Brighton, but I've never heard of this 'Fairlight' place... I'll have to dig up some info about it for this summer's visit to them if it's like you say it is :D

Posted by Reborn Outcast
C'jais likes to look at the nude men? :eek:

*Suddenly becomes cold*Compared to some of the women in this country [England], the men are a sight for sore eyes sometimes... :eek: :D

*dearly hopes leXX never, ever reads that, and specifically excludes her from that terrible, terrible generalisation so he doesn't get fed 'special' cookies*

And since I've so far managed to fully evade the topic (it's Aresen's influence on my inherent Swampyness :(), I think I'll just add that France is my favourite holiday destination currently... California might supersede it this summer though, when I go there to visit a few of the other forumites for a couple of weeks ^_^

*wanders off to contemplate his precarious existence*
 FunClown
03-17-2003, 8:01 AM
I might be going to Cambodia with one of my Cambodian friends for a couple of months sometime in the future when he goes back.

It should be pretty good, they have a lake and stuff on the land that they own. I'll finally be able to see the place he tells me stories about. Would be the first time I would have left the country and pretty much the state that I live in.

Another upside, is that there is getting lesser and lesser land mines now since the UN is still there clearing them out. So that is lesser of a problem but still a big one.
 C'jais
03-17-2003, 9:23 AM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
Are you feeling all right? You like England? O.o

Hehehe :D

I'd say that one's view on a certain country gets extraordinarily positive if you only manage to visit it during summertime, with no school and ice cream every day :p

California might supersede it this summer though, when I go there to visit a few of the other forumites for a couple of weeks ^_^

Oh yah, I'd love to visit America some time!

:thumbsup:
 ShadowTemplar
03-20-2003, 2:19 PM
Kings Canyon, Glasier, Yellowstone, Crater Lake, Craters of the Moon, Great Sand Dunes, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde...

These are beautiful, beautiful places... But other than that, I'd like to see Iceland, maybe part of Canada... Sahara could also be pretty, methinks, if it wasn't for the fact that that part of the world is a hothouse right now... Ooh, and England too. Maybe a trip to Nottingham (the GW HQ). I'd also like to see Amazonia (see, mind, I've heard that actually being there is not so extraordiarily nice).

But these are just wild dreams.
 Wacky_Baccy
03-20-2003, 7:20 PM
Posted by ShadowTemplar
Ooh, and England too. Maybe a trip to Nottingham (the GW HQ).I live pretty lose to Nottingham, but I've got absolutely no idea at all as to what this "GW" thing is :confused:

Care to enlighten your poor ignorant neighbour? :D
Posted by C'jais
Hehehe :D

I'd say that one's view on a certain country gets extraordinarily positive if you only manage to visit it during summertime, with no school and ice cream every day :pFair point :D

Unusually, the weather was absolutely beautiful these last few days - I spent as much time as possible outside under crystal clear skies and bright sunshine, without having to wear several layers of clothing to stop freezing to death :D

Oh yah, I'd love to visit America some time!

:thumbsup: Ya know, I'm truly never sure what to think of your comments, so I think I'll just swing between very confused and highly amused... :confused: :D

I really really ought to do some 'proper' posting in this place, but everyone else seems to have already said what I would, and I tend to dislike repeating things x.x
 Mandalorian54
03-20-2003, 8:17 PM
man I really need to cool down.

these forums can be stressful.
 ShadowTemplar
03-21-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
I live pretty lose to Nottingham, but I've got absolutely no idea at all as to what this "GW" thing is :confused:

Care to enlighten your poor ignorant neighbour? :D

Sure. This (http://www.games-workshop.com/front.UK) (most of the site has various links to the Online Store, if you're unfortunate enough to hit one of those, just go back the way you came, there's nothing interesting there).

Personally I play 40k (http://www.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/warhammer40k/warhammer40k.htm) (specifically Tyranids (http://www.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/warhammer40k/tyranids/tyranids.htm), and I'm dabbling in the corrupt workings of Chaos (http://www.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/warhammer40k/Chaos/chaos.htm) (ie: I have the Codex, but no models yet).

This posts suddenly strikes me as slightly off-topic, but what the heck... This whole thread is :p
 Wacky_Baccy
03-21-2003, 9:40 PM
Ohhhhh, Games Workshop! Now I understand! :D

I never knew that their Headquarters were in Nottingham, though :eek: Pretty cool :D

I actually used to play it a bit myself, but the cost became prohibitive, as I tend to want the best of everything (hey, at least I can admit it :p:D), so I gave up :(

I may well pick it up again one day though, especially now that I know I live near the place it started :D
 Vuk
03-28-2003, 7:08 AM
Greenland. Teh Beautiful. Teh Reindeer to be eaten. Teh family.
India. Teh BIG. Teh food (Mulligawtawny soup). Teh Bustle
Nepal. Teh Mountains. Teh Quaint. Teh Beautiful.

These are the places i would love going back to.

Lived in Nepal from 87-89.
India from 89-91.
 Reborn Outcast
03-28-2003, 2:50 PM
I would love to see the Andes mountains... they look sooooo good. And I also want to go to Brasil. They play soccer in the streets. SWEEEETT!!! :D
 El Sitherino
03-28-2003, 3:03 PM
I'd like to go to Japan. or maybe go to Machupichu
 SupremePain
03-28-2003, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
You have no idea... :) I'd love to post pics, but that would not be appropriate. That's why I chose the ones that are taken from a distance. ;)

And I have no idea how on earth I got her, must have been some freak-accident. :D
She is 4 months pregnant now...and getting more radiant every day.

You want to see the luckiest guy in the world >>

Yea! That's me! :bounce1:

Luc where does babys come from?
hehe just kidding but congrets Luc, do you know if it will be a boy or a girl yet? , i must admit.... i dont know how far the women must be for the doctors being able to tell....:D i dont know what it is but i think pregnant wemon look so.... cute not like sexy hot but they have a special glow, makes me feel kinda happy ..... maybe im just a weirdo

Correction i AM a weirdo! :D
Page: 1 of 1