Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

gtkradiant problem - lightmap/no lightmap stage?

Page: 1 of 1
 EK-sama
03-09-2003, 11:39 PM
So I'm trying to import a custom texture into JK2 via GtKradiant. I add a dir of textures, add the name to the shaderlist.txt and drop my 24 bit tga textures into this folder.
In quake3 my textures show up fine in the compiled map, in JK2 I get an error that says "warning shader 'textures/m2chateau/metal2' has lightmap but no lightmap stage"
Same editor, same engine, same importing process as Q3, but I get this error. help? thx!
~EK-sama
 Leslie Judge
03-10-2003, 1:24 AM
You say you added something to shaderlist.txt. Why? Do do use a shader? You didn't mention that. If you do, then post here the code for 'textures/m2chateau/metal2' to let us see what it is look like.
 EK-sama
03-10-2003, 4:32 AM
I followed this tute
http://quake3.qeradiant.com/q3afiles/shader01.htm)

where it says to add the directory of the textures you want to use to the shaderlist.txt file. This tells Radiant (?) to look for a "m2chateau" directory

the metal2 texture file isn't a shader, only a texture.

Following this tute made the q3 stuff work perfectly, but not the JK2 stuff
 Leslie Judge
03-10-2003, 7:07 AM
Probably because JK2 is not Q3. :)

Take out that folder name from shaderlist.txt. You have to put .shader file's name into it if you want to use them. Radiant and the game either will find your simple textures in the appropriate directory.
 EK-sama
03-10-2003, 2:48 PM
took the name out of the shaderfile list, deleted the previous bsp, saved, recompiled. Still nothing.

Now I can see the texture in Radiant, it loads and applys to brushes fine
http://www.creative-wiring.com/downup/errortest.jpg)

I don't have a .shader file yet - do I need one even though my map is in still early development?

Something totlally randome, perhaps its' in the way I'm compiling the map? I'm using the BSP-> Fullvis option in Radiant
 Wudan
03-10-2003, 3:30 PM
Use Q3Map2 to compile it. Its hard to say why the compiler isn't drawing a lightmap on that texture - it should.
 Leslie Judge
03-10-2003, 3:46 PM
You don't need a .shader file just to have one. :) You need it when you want to do special textures for your map.

Be sure there is no name collision with your textures/m2chateau/metal2 texture. When checking this don't take care of the file extension.

An idea: type in sv_pure 0 into the console before you load up your map.
 EK-sama
03-10-2003, 4:31 PM
the sv_pure 0 thing worked, thx so much Leslie!
Page: 1 of 1