Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Sand Hole Tavern

Page: 1 of 1
 Gaiden13
03-03-2003, 12:12 AM
OOC: Okay lets have a role-playing game goin on here. No super characters. No jedi. And no characters from the star wars universe (ex. Luke Skywalker or Boba Fett).

The Sand Hole Tavern is a tavern on tatooine in mos eisley.

Dont'be afraid, post your story, make your charcters interact with with each other.

Hauc is the bartender.All hauc says is "yes","no","wadda ya want?", and "okay". You can have him ion your conversations and maybe make him say other short phrases if you want.

Enjoy
-Gaiden
 Gaiden13
03-03-2003, 12:16 AM
sorry i did wrong forum:( :biggs: im dead
 Jan Gaarni
03-03-2003, 10:56 AM
OOC:
Not really. :)

All we have to do is, abra kadabra, yoinkydoink and

*yoink*

viola, we've magically moved it to the right forum. :)

Neet, huh. :D

Oh, and before I go on with my duties:

Welcome to the SWGalaxies.Net Forums!!! :)

I'm Jan Gaarni, XO of the Official Welcomming Committee and Moderator of this place.

Be sure to check out the Read This First (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=71572) thread at the top of this forum, as it contains some guidelines on how to behave, if you haven't all ready. :)

Most here are friendly and the aggression level is far from what you will find in the Official SWG Boards (http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com), so I'm sure you will like it here.

Please feel free to stay as long as you want. :)

And have some chocolate covered gnorts (http://www.swgalaxies.net/extras/chocognort.jpg). :D Complementary Juztyn. :p

Also be sure to check out the SWGalaxies.Net (http://www.swgalaxies.net) site which is connected to these forums. :)

We hope you enjoy your stay here on the SWGalaxies.Net Forums. :)
 Gaiden13
03-03-2003, 3:56 PM
OOC:sorry about the mix up...dont ask.But lets get started. This is a new rpg, not a continuation of another. Fell free to make up any character as long as theyre not jedi or any sort of super character. Alos, MAKE A CHARACTER UP, dont use somebody elses. Have fun :D
 Gaiden13
03-03-2003, 4:13 PM
OOC: im happy....but ive already created one in the right page.................uh-oh.....well maybe we'll just do both. :jab1 THE WRATH OF JABBA SHALL BE LAYED!
 Jan Gaarni
03-03-2003, 4:30 PM
OOC:
Again, the power of the Mods are enourmous. :D

We'll just merge them together. ;)
 Thew Rydur
03-03-2003, 5:15 PM
OOC: So you think you can just take my avatar eh?!?

J/K ;) :D :p

IC:
Thew Rydur stepped into the tavern to escape the harsh sandstorm brewing outside. The patrons looked fairly normal for a place like this: aliens from a thousand different worlds.

I guess I'm going to be in here for a while, Thew thought to himself. He could hear the howling winds outside.

Walking over to the bar, Thew hit his hand on the down rather hard to get the bartender's attention.

Hauc: Yeah, yeah what da ya want?

Thew: Just a Corellian Ale...

OOC: My characters info is in the stickied thread at the top of the RP forums.
 Sckitzo
03-04-2003, 12:07 AM
occ: Well time to try another RP, see how long this one shall go on.

IC
Stepping out of the sandstorm, the shrouded figure paused at the entrance to the door. Standing there a moment, letting its eyes adjust to the light, far dimmer then the glare of the twin suns of the blasted desert it made its way to the bar. Walking with a grace that betrayed the persons stature the figure pulled back the hood over her face, a pale blue complextion, practially shouted out her presence, her Leku twitched ever so slightly to the beat of a band in the corner she took a empty seat at the bar.

Hauc : Yeah, yeah what da ya want?

Thew : Just a Corellian Ale...

The bartender, a gruffy looking human in his mid years handed the man a drink then turned to her.

Hauc : What you gettin?

Women : Ruby Belis and a glass of water.

The Bartender turned away, getting the women her drink, losing her cloak she let it slip past her shoulders reaviling a well muscled body, dressed in a simple tunic and vest, a few harmless items strung across her chest, a very more harmful blaster hung at her hip, another matching mate on the other side, looking over her shoulder she squinted in the dark, obviously looking for somebody.
 MandalorianRage
03-06-2003, 8:03 PM
OOC: I don't know many of the instruments that are in the Star Wars galaxy, so lets just say mine is like a guitar.

IC: Xero finished playing the song and stepped off the stage to take a break. The other band members continued to play another song. Xero sat down at his table and picked up his already prepared drink. He sipped it and stared at the Twi'lek in astonishment. She was very attractive. "Why would someone like her come to a place like this?" he said softly, hoping she didn't hear. Xero continued staring, eyeing her from head to toe. He noticed her looking right back at him, and he looked away quickly, trying not to be noticed.
 Traxxas
03-06-2003, 8:26 PM
OOC: Well... ive never tried one of these here it goes i guess :D
Char info in the sticky post :eek:

IC: Lazz entered the bar. Grumbling and muttering indecively. He looked around the bar seeing the crowd in there and observing a woman sitting at the bar. "Shazzit I hate the desert." He said to himself. "I deserve to be in a nice ocean or something, Bah!" He went to the bar and sat down hard hitting his forearms on the counter top. "Hey...Bartender... Corellian Ale here, and gimme a clean glass for God's sake too." Hauc replied "Okay" in an annoying tone. Lazz sat there and stared at the counter top, trying to keep to himself and not socializing with the "Desert Lovers". He grumbled again....
 Sckitzo
03-07-2003, 2:52 PM
Well Taxxas for never doing a RP post before that was very well done, only suggestion desrcibe your character a bit, helps out the reader.

IC: Sipping her drink, the women savored the sweet ness of the drink, a break from the dust and sand that battered the out side world, turing to the band she noticed one man staring at her, quickly he broke eye contact and looked away. Grinning to her self, males no matter what species where all the same, well there was one that is different she thought to her self, but qucikly she buried that thought, pushed it to the back of her mind, she had a job oppurtuniy awating her, a crooked imperial, a trip to Dathomar. A lot of money, three things she knew only one she cared about, the creds. She just wished her blasted contact would arrive, she never felt safe anyware but her ship, and with so many beings moving around it was making her jumpy.
 MandalorianRage
03-07-2003, 9:31 PM
Xero saw the woman grin out of the corner of his eye. He liked that. You just made my whole day better. he thought to himself. He had been in a depressed mood all day, and the thought of a beautiful woman grinning at him made him feel better about himself. Xero had about 10 minutes left in his break, so he decided to do something constructive with his time. He reached behind his back, behind the guitar like instrument he had on his back, and pulled out something large and shiny. There was a gasp from some of the people in the bar, and it became a bit quieter. Xero had just pulled out his sword. It was specially crafted for him, made out of Mandalorian Iron. He looked around at everyone, as if he was saying "What are you all looking at?". He set the sword on the table and a sigh of relief came from some people. He began to polish his sword, and sharpened it afterward. When he was done, he got up and walked back up on stage, taking his instrument off his back, and began playing again, looking down at the ground with his shoulder length brown hair hanging as he played.
 Thew Rydur
03-08-2003, 12:57 AM
Thew sat sipping his ale, his face remained passive. The other males around him were right... the Twi'Lek was beautiful... but he had been taught at an early age not to stare. Growing up on Naboo had really shaped his character, which was probably why he hated places like this so much. When the man pulled his sword, Thew again remembered his childhood. However this time the memory was much more vivid and much more painful...

It was a sunny day in late summer, Thew was about 10 at the time. He and his older brother Tefo had been exploring their uncle's countryside house.
In a storage shed they had found two old swords, probably used by their uncle when he had been an actor. It wasn't long before they were sparring throughout the small shed. Tefo began teasing Thew about his lack of skills at the family trade. Thew had become used to the taunting by now, for all of his siblings did it. He pushed down the anger and continued fighting. Accidently Tefo grazed Thew's arm and blood began to trickle down. Enraged, Thew fought with a berserker like ferocity. Soon Tefo's weapon was knocked from his hands and he fell to the ground. Backing towards the wall and placing his arms above his head Tefo shouted in fear. To caught up in his fury, Thew moved forward with the sword drawn back, ready to deliver the killing blow... Suddenly Thew regained control of himself, the sword crashed to the floor, and Thew bolted out of the shed....

His mug had spilled over onto its side and Thew's gloved hands were clenched in fists. A cold sweat trickled from his forehead and he was breathing heavily. He was staring at the bar in front of him, still in a trance like state.
 Sckitzo
03-08-2003, 3:12 AM
Red... Blood... a stream of it infront, the smell, the taste. The horrid stench, the bitter bit of it upons ones lips, watching the liquid run infront of her on the bar, Cyn finally remembered where she was, a cantina, and this sand bitten world awaiting some contact. Pushing every thing but the here and now out of her head she regained her composer. Following the guilty trail of alchol she traced it back to a human, male sitting two or three stools away, lost in his own thoughts he hadnt even noticed the spilling of his drink, maybe this one was one to many for him, she thought sardonically to herself. Hearing the band pick up again she was glad to have seen the string player return his blade, it was a nice touch though, could make a interasting act piece. Lord knows she had done enough acts... dances... routines what ever name they where called to be "proper", she had done them all,

Man "Excuse me maam, but can I buy you a drink?"

It took every ounce of self control the women possed not to leap out of her seat at the intrusion upon her thoughts. Rembering the catch phrase she replied.

Cyn "Only if I can buy you one in return Fly Boy." with that she turned in her seat, to stare smugly the face in the seat next to her, the man was well built, but his clothes had seen better days. Though his face gave him away in a instant, clean shaven and close cropped hair. He practially screamed Imperial. Even the most green on Imp Intel. would know better. This must be my contact she thought to her self.

The man held out his hand, taking it in a firm, most likely to firm grasp she felt him press a object into her palm, finishing the greeting the man returned to his newly arrived Corellian Ale.

Pushing the data crystal into her Pad she began to read.

Flipping the screen off she let out a sigh, it was a lot of credits, a hell of alot of credits, a simple pick up and drop, but it said she may need a partner, it was a valuable cargo and would need additonal security, she would deal with that later, right now she planed on celebrating.
 MandalorianRage
03-08-2003, 4:34 PM
As Xero continued to play, a man the was sitting up front by the stage was laughing loudly, he was obviously drunk. He shouted insults at Xero, "I know protocol droids who could play better than you!" he yelled, and threw his mug at Xero, barely missing him. Xero immediatly stopped playing, and put his instrument behind his back. He kept his hand behind his back for a moment, then swiftly pulled his sword from its sheath and held it againts the mans neck. "Hold your tongue, or you might just lose it, you dirty lowlife!", he yelled at the drunk. The man stared at Xero in fear. Xero put his sword away, then went back on the stage. From behind, the man stood up and struck him in the back of the head. Xero fell down, then slowly stood up, and turned to face the man. The bar fell completely silent. "Bad move." said Xero, and he punched the man in the face, sending him back. The man fell on a table at which some Rodians were playing poker. The mans friends ran toward Xero, enraged, but soon went flying back to where they came from, once Xero gave them a roundhouse kick. The Rodians were arguing with the man, and the other men had upset some people when they knocked over their drinks. They all started fighting. Mugs flew everywhere, tables were overturned. Xero quickly ran to the back door of the bar, dodging a few punches, and various things that were thrown at him. He shut the door behind him, and felt the back of his head. He was bleeding, but not too bad. "Why does this always have to happen...?", he asked out loud.
Page: 1 of 1