Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Arrghh.. Getting meche out - impossible

Page: 1 of 1
 gotRobot
03-01-2003, 4:29 PM
I'm somewhat stuck in Year 3, on The Edge.

I have been on this one all evening (from around 6 pm local time, it's 10 pm now) and I just can't get those tumblers right. The thing is, the tumblers never move at the same pace. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it just seems to be a tad too long (4+ hours) to work on a single straight forward puzzle.

Is there a helpful soul who could send me a Save game from right after lining the tumblers up? (Or somewhere near it).
 GinnyW
03-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by gotRobot
I'm somewhat stuck in Year 3, on The Edge.

I have been on this one all evening (from around 6 pm local time, it's 10 pm now) and I just can't get those tumblers right. The thing is, the tumblers never move at the same pace. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it just seems to be a tad too long (4+ hours) to work on a single straight forward puzzle.

Is there a helpful soul who could send me a Save game from right after lining the tumblers up? (Or somewhere near it).

well, I think I have a save game for that part, I usually save so I can listen to, err, well you'll find out, it's kinda a spoiler...
But here's a hint on how to do the tumblers:

Start turning the tumblers in one direction until all of them are moving at the same time. Each time you switch direction the tumblers start turning one by one again, joining up to all. Be careful and you'll get them lined up. Oh and they need to be aligned when the gap is on your right.
P.s. think of something to hold them in place.

Damn, more of a spoiler than a hint, but never mind.
If it still doesn't work out PM me or contact me by Icq:102269515 and I'll send you a save game.:)
 scabb
03-26-2003, 1:09 PM
Yes, for the love of god, Save it once you have them lined up neatly, BEFORE you do anything else. Or you will be sorry.
 Tall Guy
03-27-2003, 4:59 AM
yeah this is quite a tricky part, like scabb said, save it first.
 GinnyW
03-27-2003, 7:15 AM
yeah, and also to listn to one of the best dialogs in the game:

"Manny, I knew you would...Why is that door closed!?"
I love it. I love this game! lol
 ZaXeriaw
04-09-2003, 4:37 AM
Spoiler:
Uh, it was the only way I, uh...Eh... the wind?

Yes, that's a funny dialog :)
Page: 1 of 1