Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trouble extracting sounds with sam&max tentacle

Page: 1 of 1
 pumpernickel
02-28-2003, 1:35 AM
Hi,

I think I'm having trouble accessing all the sounds with scummrev in the sam & max, and day of the tentacle monster files.

I always get an error message "external exception C00000006"
and after that it stops and I'm then I'm quite sure I'm only looking at a small part of the library. Sound effects are totally missing in sam and max...

I tried copying the monster file from my CD to my harddrive, but that wont work either. I get some sort of MS-dos error (strange). I'm in windows xp. I have the same difficulties with both games.

Anyone else had these problems?

So, basically any help would be much appreciated, I really want to get to those sound files.

Thanks,
Erick
 Alien426
02-28-2003, 3:03 AM
Originally posted by pumpernickel
I tried copying the monster file from my CD to my harddrive, but that wont work either. I get some sort of MS-dos error (strange).
I guess either the CD is dirty/scratched or the drive is malfunctioning. After cleaning the CD (soft cloth wiping from the center towards the outer brim) and getting the same error you should try the CD in another CD-ROM drive.
 bgbennyboy
02-28-2003, 5:08 AM
Unsure about that.
What do you mean msdos error? When trying to copy monster.sou to your hd?
 pumpernickel
03-01-2003, 8:25 PM
Yeah, I think the CDs may be the culprit. I'm probably going to buy a new sam and max one.

Also though, I wanted to ask if anyone could help me out with some instuctions to extract character animation and backrounds from "hit the road."

I'm making a sam & max platform/adventure game with a program called multimedia fusion. I'm pretty proficiant with design and am doing all the games art and animation. I already have put together a real nice engine for the game and a fully operable max character. Sam and max are the only characters I'm using from "hit the road" but It would really help me out if I could look at the animations and backround to help myself better incorperate "hit the roads" style.

I'm not the best at the whole file hacking thing, so any help would be very very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Erick
 bgbennyboy
03-02-2003, 4:59 AM
Yeah, sounds like the cds then.

ScummRev can rip the room backgrounds, costrip can rip the sam and max costumes(character animations). Search around the Scumm Hacking forums for download link and instructions on how to use it.
Page: 1 of 1