Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reference

Page: 1 of 1
 QueZTone
02-27-2003, 11:58 AM
When Manny is about to enter the greenhouse again after he sproutella-ed the pipelines and Hector dies. The doors open a little. Then you see the shot of Manny, from a low camera, throwing down his gun and turning around/walking away.

This looks extremely simular to Marshal James Anderson's same move after he kills the Sawmill's endboss in Outlaws.

I'll get some screenshots later today. First gonna take a shower. :p
 Sanspoof
02-27-2003, 3:34 PM
I kinda thought that was from a movie too. But then, Lucasarts always have their in-jokes.
 GendoTheGreat
02-27-2003, 6:40 PM
Actually, it's quite a common dramtic effect in movies. I just saw it this morning in fact, in a B-grade made-for-TV action flick. One guy caps another guy, throws the gun away. A move usually executed by a character that doesn't carry a gun of his own.
 elTee
03-03-2003, 4:54 PM
Or by people like Neo, who just have too many damned guns. No time to reload, just drop the gun and grab another! Jackass... totally irresponsable. I mean, the baddies in Die Hard with a Vengeance, at least they were responsiable: "suppose a kid finds it??"
Page: 1 of 1