Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Mixnmojo Posting Board Awards 2003!

Page: 1 of 1
 Gabez
02-23-2003, 4:00 PM
This is an age-old and highly respected tradition that has been passed down through generations of Mojoers. My father participated in this, and his father participated in this, and his father— well, you get the idea.

Here’s how it works: people post stuff in the categories listed below. If you think of some extra cool super one, I’ll add it to the list at a later date. OK, let’s go:

1. Coolest avatar
2. Funniest poster
3. Coolest poster.
4. Best new-comer/person who has returned in the past few months (added by scabb)
5. LucasArts game you’re looking forward to the most
6. Uh, best moderator?
7. Hmm. Person who you’d like to come back most?

Wow, I suck at making lists. But you get the idea.

This may or may not have been copied from the old MI discussion forums. No, the ones before that. Actually, now that I’ve written this I have a horrible feeling that this was done before on these very forums. Ah well, the important thing is that you start posting people! :)

And one more thing: try to keep this nice and friendly. :)
 elTee
02-23-2003, 4:15 PM
1. Well, avatars were the cause for a mass posting sesh late last year, and many changed avatars daily. Based on this, I nominate SCABB, purely based on his current avatar.

2. This one is a tricky one. It has to be someone who is funny, but funny often... I am going to go for HELLBEARD - yeah, he has caused the most raised smiles. But was it due to his posts, or was it something else?

3. Coolest poster - based off the pictures I have seen, and purely the pictures - its the pimp: SPAFF.

4. Best new-comer... well, its gonna have to be SCABB again. I know he's been around forever, but he dissapeared when his computer died, and then he seemed like a new-comer when he came back. Mah.

5. SAM & MAX 2!! Without a doubt. I loved Hit the Road, and I like the characters more than those in Full Throttle.

6. A close one. You're all good (did I mention that I'M a mod? Well, on some forums) but METALLUS has edged it. Well done Met.

7. I want MICHAEL JACKSON to come back the most. I know he's still around, but I mean I want him to come back with a new album. Yeah, thats me done.
 Gabez
02-23-2003, 5:23 PM
1. Yeah, I’d have to go with scabb too, for both his avatars. But Metallus and Jake have some pretty cool ones too.

2. Hmm, both scabb and Huz make me laugh.

3. Yes, Spaff definitely is very cool. But Metallus is cool also! Another joint winner there.

4. Hmm, tough one this. I’m going to say 8-of-12, even though he doesn’t really go on these forums, and he isn’t really new as such. Just that I’ve only known about him recently, and he makes kickin’ radio projects. Beneath Monkey Island anyone?

5. S&M2 for me as well. Full Throttle and that RTX game look cool too, though.

6. bgbennyboy and Remi O.

7. Trapezoid. Darnn came back for a bit too, but then he went away again. :( Come back, both of you!

Woah, 10:15 already? Time for me to watch the rest of The Baftas, and enjoy the subtle irony.
 scabb
02-23-2003, 7:14 PM
1. Mercatfat deserves it. There was the Ripburger/Hellbeard effort, which was brilliant (Don't be offended Hellbeard). Plus the new one is good too.

2. Huz, quite clearly.

3. Met & LucasTones. Met because of the rad-ministrating and the hair. Lucastones because of the lack of cynicism and the ability to talk.

4. Seeing as though there are barely any new people, I shall also manipulate my answer to mean "people who have returned in the past few months". Lemon Head wins.

5. Sam and Max 2. But Full Throttle 2 is definitely win too, only more of a second place win.

6. Bah. I'd have to say BennyBoy, which I don't like to. I certainly don't recommend saying it three times in the mirror. Gabez comes in close, but Benny wins because he humours me and completely purchased the Help forums.

7. Navhead.
 Jake
02-23-2003, 7:46 PM
1. Mercat's hellbeard/Corley murder avatar wins. I liked a couple of Trapezoids too, and Jayel's.

2. Acrylic. Thug lovin, hands down.

3. I don't know who is the coolest. We all kinda suck, dont we? :(

4. Best new-comer award goes to Benny for taking the forums by storm and actually fixing all the broken sound stuff :)

5. Current lineup: RTX, future: Sam & Max 2.

6. Metallus wins because he does all the crap on the forums nobody else wants to deal with. And he made those pirate flags.

7. I miss Trapezoid and Darnn too. :ewok:
 mercatfat
02-23-2003, 8:21 PM
1. I think Hellbeard's anti-merc avatar (http://www.mixnmojo.com/mercatfat/hellbeard.gif) deserves this award. Touchй, Hellbeard, touchй.
2. Zbomber. Being 13 and comically inept at sensing sarcasm is top marks in my book. His uncanny ability to take things too seriously and posting about 90000000 more times than is necessary is just icing on the proverbial cake.
3. Dude, raVen, totally. Whenever something breaks, kapow, he's right on it and he's always the first to let you know about it and how we higher-ups are incompetitent at our line of work. I understand this takes a lot of energy and considering his age it's incredible that he can even think about doing us that service.
4. Acrylic? I do not know.
5. Gladius and Sam and Max 2.
6. Met, mostly for defending me when I yell at people or offend certain Austrailians who don't realize that I'm just having fun with them.
7. Meksilon. We've had a sharp decline in retarded conspiracy theories and anti-gay sentiment lately. I believe this may be part of why there's so few posts here lately.. but then again, could it be that the Man is working against us?
 C Shutt
02-23-2003, 10:12 PM
1. Coolest avatar

Mercatfat

2. Funniest poster

Gosh, I don't know. Is mxbx still around? No?

3. Coolest poster

The picture Merc posted of himself made it look like he uses a lot of product in his hair. Got to respect that. (edit by merc: actually, I used a suprisingly small amount of product. Also, I quit doing that emo hawk after I found out the name of the style. The coolest poster is Roach's Fight Club 4-piece, no contest.)

4. Best new-comer

I'm a new-comer myself, so I don't know how long everyone's been around. I abstain.

Sam and Max 2

6. best moderator

Metallus is all over the place, delivering the goods, and just generally getting it done.

7. Person who you’d like to come back most

mxbx
 Metallus
02-23-2003, 11:48 PM
Thanks for nominating me for this crazy award thing, guys. I guess I'd better throw out some names too, since I don't post here nearly enough.

1. Coolest avatar
I really like Sopabuena's av; I have no idea what it is, could someone explain? Jake's Corley death animation also wins.

2. Funniest poster
Scabb, Merc, and Shutt's posts always make me smile, unless they're being serious or whatever. Dude, you know what I mean.

3. Coolest poster
bgbennyboy for sure. He's really good at the tech help questions, and even helps out on forums that he hasn't been "assigned" to. Class.

4. Best new-comer
Nobody wins. Why? Because there aren't enough new people coming and sticking around. ;~

I guess Sam and Max 2 as well, but I'm also looking not-very-far forward to the newest Indy game, and Full Throttle 2.

6. Best moderator
Bah, I picked two admins. Forgive me. Matt-windu and Boba Rhett win. Because of them, I never have to look at a Star Wars forum against my will ever again. Oh yeah, and also because they do a bunch of important stuff on the forums that gets overlooked, or is invisible to posters.

mxbx, Metafox, Emma, Trapezoid, Darnn, MtBlanc, and probably a bunch of other people.
 QueZTone
02-24-2003, 6:37 AM
1. Coolest avatar
Erwin, Jake, Metallus

2. Funniest poster
Scabb, GregD (hohoho!)

3. Coolest poster
RemiO (always knows to get to the point of stuff)

4. Best new-comer
8-of-12 (like said above he might not be a newcomer but he did some amazing stuff as well)

Indy ET, Full Throttle 2, Sam and Max 2, Galaxies

6. Best moderator
bgbennyboy, he's doing an awesome job! everyone knows that :) lets just give him one more hand :)

AndreiKing, EEEEEEK! nahh, Skyfox and Chariset
 Alien426
02-24-2003, 8:34 AM
1. Coolest avatar
Well, scabb's Mr Quinn wasn't cool at all, but creepy. Which is cool.
2. Funniest poster
GregD.
3. Coolest poster.
Dunno.
4. Best new-comer/person who has returned in the past few months
Dunno.
5. LucasArts game you're looking forward to the most
Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Throne. I'm half expecting Sam & Max 2 and Full Throttle 2 to suck. At least you know what to expect from Indy. I'm hoping for more info on KOTR, soon.
6. Uh, best moderator?
bgbennyboy. Always around and trying to help. Seems to have overcome the urge to edit people's posts lately.
7. Person who you'd like to come back most.
Darnn, I guess.
 bgbennyboy
02-24-2003, 9:08 AM
1 - There's plenty cool avatars, Jake and Mercatfat's past ones were great, at the moment though I like Scabb's current avatar the best.

2 - Either Scabb or Mercatfat, especially when someone gets offended at their posts

3 - Same as above I suppose, I dunno, everyone's cool, with a couple of exceptions

4 - I dont really know, are there any newcomers?

5 - Sam and Max 2

6 - Metallus has a well deserved reputation as 'Everyones favourite mod/admin', plus he actually does stuff unlike some of us(me).

7 - Trapezoid, come back!
 Erwin_Br
02-24-2003, 9:56 AM
1. Coolest avatar:
Jake. I especially liked his rotating Max.

2. Funniest poster:
Hmmm, I can't remember whom I laughed most about.

3. Coolest poster:
Ralgath. He both likes MI and WC, how cool can you get?

4. LucasArts game you’re looking forward to the most:
Sam and Max 2! Full Throttle too, but I'm afraid of what it might be like. I'm going to buy it and hope it's going to be great.

5. Uh, best moderator?
Metallus. He even posted on the often quiet AD forums.

6. Hmm. Person who you’d like to come back most?Chariset, she proveded some very good voice acting for my game and I want more, more MORE!!! (and she's a nice person too, of course)

--Erwin
 MrManager
02-24-2003, 11:00 AM
1. Coolest avatar
Scabb's old one.

2. Funniest poster
The Huz, though he doesn't post often. ¬ ¬

3. Coolest poster.
I love you all! Either that or I can't think of any.

4. Best new-comer
Depends on definition. On LucasForums? On Mojo forums? If the old Mojo forums count, I'd say benny.

FT2 & S&M2.

6. Uh, best moderator?
Met & benny for actually doing something worthwhile.

7. Hmm. Person who you’d like to come back most?
Trap, Darnn, anybody who "contributed" to the old Mojo boards.
 Huz
02-24-2003, 10:16 PM
Hmm, I was hoping to ignore this thread and continue with lurking aplenty, but since I've been nominated a few times I feel honour-bound to contribute, or something:

1. Coolest avatar
Jake's are consistently good. I'll go with him.

2. Funniest poster
Scabb has his humour skillz finely honed.

3. Coolest poster
I dunno. What's this supposed to mean? I hate love you all.

4. Best newcomer
Does bgbennyboy count? Probably him then.

5. LucasArts game blah blah
FT2 probably.

6. Best moderator
The Metal man seems constantly to be patrolling the forums, keeping a close watch on developments and saying stuff that's relevant, just like a previous Mojo and GFN board moderator I could mention! ¬ ¬

7. Who should return?
Joey the Fish ¬ ¬

Failing that, the guy who made the Mad Hatter's Tea Party thread about five million years ago on the old WWWBoard. He was class.
 QueZTone
02-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Erwin_Br

3. Coolest poster:
Ralgath. He both likes MI and WC, how cool can you get?
[/B]

aww, I'm so ALMOST skyfox ;)
Page: 1 of 1