Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Welcome to your new home EMI kiddies

Page: 1 of 1
 Rufio
02-10-2003, 4:26 PM
Looks like the merger went nearly flawlessly and its an awesome change.

Good to see our new home is being shared with all the cool dudes and dudettes from BSBC and the SCUMM bar
 Feral
02-10-2003, 4:52 PM
It's been a long time in the making, and I must say it's worth it. Once again, Thank You and Well Done to all involved in the merger :)
 Joshi
02-12-2003, 2:22 PM
finally, a place where almost all monkey islanders can go and chat. i love it. well done all of you who went thorugh all fo teh sweat and hard work for this. it really shows that even though it's an old game now, your still thinking about us.
 Junior™
02-13-2003, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi
finally, a place where almost all monkey islanders can go and chat. i love it.

So do I....it was about time for one big Monkey Island board to become part of the LucasForums.
 Thrik
02-13-2003, 5:42 PM
Wow, I just noticed how little EscapeMI is updated. That really needs sorting!

Although you did kind of tie yourself to EMI news only with the domain, and we all know how much news surrounds that. :(
 Mex
02-17-2003, 7:02 AM
How about you get some more news updaters or something like that?
 scabb
02-17-2003, 7:40 AM
Yes, or, they could not. What would they update? It would just end up being a mirror to Mojo, theres nothing much happening with the site itself, or the game.

ZeroXcape will no doubt snap up 'ReturnMI.com' when the new game is announced, and swing some news updating monkeys towards the general direction of the site. 1000, to be precise. With typewriters.
 Joshi
02-17-2003, 7:43 AM
last news update was on the 14th of january 2002 and that was about teh forums in general (as in lucasforums, nothing to do with monkey island and so on) also, milegend, worldofmi, the scummbar and BSBC seem to do well with news related to mnokey island in general. my suggestion, get rid of escapemi.com and the people who run that should now run monkeyisland.net. (the site) so Zeroscape, Murta and newfoundgloryboy can run the news again about just about anything to do with monkey island.
 RemiO
02-17-2003, 10:26 AM
monkeyisland.net is just gonna be a pointer to a bunch of Monkey Island sites.
 Joshi
02-17-2003, 11:27 AM
we've already got one of them, it's called the monkey island webring. okay, so it's a pointer so some of the best mi sites out there, but it can also be a website as well. think about it, all the resouces that went into escapemi can simply be put into mi.net and badabing badaboom, we've got a site that people are actuallygoing to go to (i mena how many people on avergae actually go to escapemi.com anymore? it's low compared to some of the other monkey island sites out there, don't you think?)
 RemiO
02-17-2003, 12:25 PM
Right, but

1) Not a whole lot of people use the webrings anymore.

2) EscapeMI.com only has EMI stuff.

3) All the sites that will be linked will have all the resources people need.
 Joshi
02-17-2003, 12:44 PM
right, but...

1. yes, that is true, not a lot of people use it anymore

2. which is why it is now sitting there idle and doing nothing with very few visitors.

3. yes that is true, but mi.net seems to be a good place to at least have a general overview of news. i mean we're linking all of those sites which have new news each day. we could at least have news bullitens about the news on these different sites. not of course defeatingt eh object of actually going to these sites, but something like

Monday 17th February
MILegend as some news on *** whilst worldofmi has a new update with *** and BSBC has some more fan work for you to check out.

and so on and so fourth. that owuld at least be worth thinking about.
 Thrik
02-17-2003, 1:17 PM
There is no need to develop MI.net as a news site. We already have more than enough Monkey Island sites updating regularly - why add more? If you provide the news on MI.net why would people bother going to the sites that MI.net links to?

Yeah.
 bgbennyboy
02-17-2003, 1:43 PM
I agree, there really is no need for another MI news site. The MI sites all tend to post news about each other anyway and major news appears on Mojo or on the hosted site headlines.
 Joshi
02-18-2003, 11:00 AM
point well taken

it was just a thought...
Page: 1 of 1