Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

(even shorter poem)the pop up add

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Eggplant
02-10-2003, 12:20 AM
I Do Not Like POP Up Adds.
Especially the giant one which says
'Eliminate Annoying POP Up Adds'
 Lemon Head
02-10-2003, 8:45 AM
that says it all really. You could unite all races and religions with your passioned prose.
 Gexx
02-10-2003, 4:41 PM
I think they already have.
 GendoTheGreat
02-11-2003, 11:12 PM
More of a statement than a poem. Rings very true, though.
 Darth Eggplant
02-13-2003, 5:59 AM
a rhetorical epiphany of sorts.
 amadeus
02-13-2003, 11:17 AM
The online advertising community has become more and more clever. I hate those little pop ups that actually have a taskbar with the little close and minimize buttons and then when you press them -- ZAPPO! You're being redirected to credit retrieval sites.
 GendoTheGreat
02-14-2003, 4:51 AM
Even worse are those ones that float into the middle of the page and block content. Those things piss me off something fierce. There's absolutely no way to close them, you have to wait until they disappear. I thing they slip past most popup blockers, too.
 Darth Eggplant
02-14-2003, 11:22 AM
no even more insidious are the ones which are honkin' big, and do not have programed into them a close option so when you try to close them at your task bar, AND they conviently are screen resolution 1 million and 3, so that you can not resize them, and you can not clcik and drag them by their title bar, and the result is you have to close your entire browser and start again.

* close seconds are AK47 rapid fire pop up adds that descend on you so fast that by the time you can click one, like 4 more have taken their place.*

a pox on all nerdie Otaku's who went over to the dark side of the force and were Borg-a-sized by Bill Gateus of MicroBorg.
 GendoTheGreat
02-14-2003, 11:44 PM
Otaku of what?
 Gexx
02-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Darth Eggplant

* close seconds are AK47 rapid fire pop up adds that descend on you so fast that by the time you can click one, like 4 more have taken their place.*

You know, you can just push alt-F4 repeatedly to close those kinda popups.
 Darth Eggplant
02-16-2003, 2:43 PM
i did not know that
Page: 1 of 1