Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Doctors Guild

Page: 1 of 1
 Danlow913
02-09-2003, 10:54 PM
If you want to be a Doctor and want to make a difference then this PA might be the one for you. Some people believe that a doctor is a supporting role. We at the Doctors Guild believe the very antithesis. Doctors and Medics are a part of the SWG world and no sane person would go into battle without one. Doctors will be a cornerstone of gameplay and community in game. Doctors have the potential to manipulate all aspects of the game. A Doctor's services are a key part of the game. If the Doctors banded together they could control a good deal of the game. If Doctors were to withhold services they could shake the very balance of the game. Since they do not have to go Overt they are also not attackable. This gives Doctors a unique power. The Key is for the Doctors to band together. This way Doctors could establish prices and conditions based on their desires. If you want to help people in need and affect the SWG community email me at DANLOW913@AOL.COM and we can talk.
 Lord_Vessen
02-09-2003, 10:58 PM
How many members do you have because you could maybe merge with The Associates if you wanted to, we will need medics.
 Danlow913
02-09-2003, 11:02 PM
we are not interested in merging. This PA was created recently under request from a number of sizeable PAs. Our Doctors PA has many clients that want to keep this Doctors PA secure and therefore we cannot merge with anybody.
 setsuko
02-10-2003, 7:14 AM
A good idea, and I applaud you for it, Danlow. Just one thing:

"Since they do not have to go Overt they are also not attackable. This gives Doctors a unique power."

That's not entirely true. If you heal an overt rebel marksman while there are imperials around, you'll be flagged rebel for a while. And thus, you can indeed get your ass capped. So, be careful now, will ya? We don't want to be out of healing because all doctors are in sickbay! :)
 Wraith 8
02-10-2003, 4:02 PM
its even in the combat medic description an in the guide for PVP combat
 Danlow913
02-10-2003, 5:41 PM
i must admit that slipped my mind and you guys are correct. However I do not feel that this lessens the advantages of my PA and that my PA is still a great idea.
 Wraith 8
02-11-2003, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by Danlow913
i must admit that slipped my mind and you guys are correct. However I do not feel that this lessens the advantages of my PA and that my PA is still a great idea. oh dont get me wrong.. its a great idea.... i love it.. and when you get enough members and money.. and player houses are in order... you could even make hospitals in some town s:D i mean it.. i love the idea.
 DiamanteLouco
02-13-2003, 1:38 PM
Oh no, join The Galactic Healers, we are not in this business for money or power!
We want to help people!
We want to be useful!
The world is full of mercenaries, but you can be a true hero!
 Jared Sinn
03-12-2003, 1:21 PM
I just noticed something that I really have to comment on, because it's just too damned funny. As I was reading this thread, I was thinking, "hey, now thats an original idea for a PA." And then I began to think of something I wrote under another of Danlow's posts about his former guild idea "The Idej Redro PA." Here's the qoute:

There's nothing wrong with a PA thats sole purpose is to produce Jedi- knowing that it will be impossible and yet attempting it anyway is in fact an admirable pursuit. HOWEVER, if you were smart about it, the focus would be kept quiet, and you wouldnt make so much noise about what it is that youre after.... It just doesnt make any sense to be so forthcoming about your goals. How about a PA of healers whose secret goal is force sensitivity? Now that would make sense...

I guess I should feel flattered...

JS
 legameboy
03-19-2003, 7:28 PM
i love PAs that focus on the actual game not blowing each other up, you have my luck with the PA
 Deft Aklin
03-20-2003, 9:31 AM
Yes, and when you get a Jedi finally, everyone else in the PA can worship him and use there amazing combined healing abilities to keep the bastage from becoming another statistic. ;P
 legameboy
03-20-2003, 12:03 PM
its what RPGs are all about, if everyone can cooperae things will run smoothly, if not people will have no fun and sue the company:p j/k
Page: 1 of 1