Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Was Manny a pirate?

Page: 2 of 2
 Glottiscane
08-12-2003, 4:03 PM
In the ending cutscene, Manny said his ticket on the #9 was his "retirement" present. I think maybe he got it instead of Salvador since salvador died, and Sal and Manny had so much in common and were "buddies". So it could have been kinda like inheritance, it wasnt like sal had any use for the ticket (being sprouted and all) :horn: :rddance: :sbdance :manny: :hector: :meche:
 Dawidos
08-12-2003, 5:27 PM
Exactly. Thrik has a right. Manny said - sort of retirement. He got this ticket as a reward for his sacrifice for Meche and other souls. "Retirement" ticket is waiting for every worker of DOD and Manny got one early for his hero mission.
 GinnyW
08-12-2003, 9:14 PM
I think Manny's ticket could have been cheated from him and sold to someone who was on the train in year 3.

Scabb is right, what if there were good people on the train that goes to hell (btw, we're only assuming it's hell, because it seems like it, but what goes on there exactly?).

You are forgetting something though, that suitcase is not the only one, because there was Charlie's suitcase in year 2, and several suitcases in the safe on the edge of the world. But then again, they're fake, so maybe it is the only one. I doubt it though, since there were many years and Domino got many good clients.
If however, it is the only suitcase, I guess Manny's ticket was stolen or sold.
Manny definetly doesn't seem like a criminal.

I think this is reading a little too much into the story, but it's fun!
There could be hints inside the game, but somehow I doubt that "If I had a car like this when I was alive..." line has anything more to it than a joke, part of Many's personality to say such a thing.
Who knows though?
Page: 2 of 2