Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Audio Translation

Page: 1 of 1
 Gedoc
02-06-2003, 5:33 PM
I want with some friends to translate talkies from Day of the Tentacle and later from others Great Lucas Games in French (Just Audio Talkies for the moment).
I've Tried with Day of the Tentacle because it use a simple VOC file packed in Monster.Sou File... But now I've a problem...

My VOC Files are at the same size and the same length of original voc files (from Lucas) but when I intergrate them in Monster.sou file, my sound are not fully playable...
They can be fully played if I Replace VOC header with LucasOnes, but in this case, little "clicks" were heared on the sound file...

Can someone help me telling me how to integrate my voc files (At the length I wont it's better! :) ) without problems?

I think the problem is in the VCTL description header in monster.sou but I don't know how it is coded...

Thanx a lot in advance! ;)

Gedoc!
 jannar85
02-18-2003, 8:05 AM
This is illigal. Ask LucasArts to do this instead.
 Alien426
02-18-2003, 8:58 AM
Not to start a lengthy juristic discussion, but how can this be illegal? They will own the english games, won't they? Adding or rather replacing parts of products for your private use and not distributing them commercially or claiming to have made parts they didn't should be legal?!
 john_doe
02-18-2003, 2:45 PM
I don't see why this should be illegal either.
As long as every participant (sp?) has a legal copy of the respective games and they don't give the translated games to others but keep them for themselves.
 jannar85
02-19-2003, 4:20 AM
Originally posted by Gedoc
I want with some friends to translate talkies from Day of the Tentacle and later from others Great Lucas Games in French (Just Audio Talkies for the moment)....
Well, I *think* this might prove this a bit...
I'm sorry if I have proven wrong...
Page: 1 of 1