Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

media!

Page: 1 of 1
 daring dueler
02-06-2003, 6:24 PM
who here thinks media goes wayyy too far? i certainly do sure we need to know some things but they just go too far. yes there are many diasters like the columbia flight but even that is out of proportion....it wasnt terrorism !....and then there are heroes dying everyday that we never hear about. how about they stop interveiwing people a few minutes after a family memebr dies and they are crying and they zoom in then they ask , "how are you feeling" or , " how do you feel about this" really! how do you think they fell..pretty damn bad id say so why the hell do they ask!
 Reborn Outcast
02-06-2003, 6:28 PM
Hey man one thread at a time. :) Don't put 2 up in 2 minutes. :)

But yes the media blows things way out of proportion SOMETIMES because they need to have a story that will sell or they need to be the first to have the story made public so they put stuff on the screen or page real fast. Grr sometimes they make me sooo angry.
 daring dueler
02-06-2003, 6:36 PM
i too get angry-sry about the 2 threads i just thought of 2 things i wanted to hear peoples veiws about
 ShockV1.89
02-06-2003, 10:00 PM
The media airs what the majority is interested in at the time. Nothin wrong with that.
 Reborn Outcast
02-07-2003, 6:36 AM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
The media airs what the majority is interested in at the time. Nothin wrong with that.

But sometimes it varies it slightly which makes it either the wrong info, or it makes the matter worse. :D Take those crap magazines like the National Enquirer and stuff. I hate them because none of its storis are true but many people like them. Its a warping type of media.
 ShockV1.89
02-07-2003, 8:20 AM
Oh, you mean tabloids? Bleh, they're in a whole class of their own. Trash, complete trash....

As I understand it, though, the British Tabloids are even more offensive... can anyone confirm?
 ZBomber
02-07-2003, 9:36 AM
Make Kazaa legal!
Oh this is TV Media. :P
j/k about the above.

Yes, it is very stupid. Yes, the Flight was sad, but they had it on, all day. OK, Put it on. But put it on when you have new information.
 daring dueler
02-07-2003, 10:02 AM
exactly-they replay it all day and its becoming annoying ,yes it was a tragity ,of course,but do we need that horibal image burnt into our head-were not gonna forget.
 leXX
02-07-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
Oh, you mean tabloids? Bleh, they're in a whole class of their own. Trash, complete trash....

As I understand it, though, the British Tabloids are even more offensive... can anyone confirm?

Yes, I can confirm that wholeheartidly.

I never read the papers, full of crap.
Page: 1 of 1