Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Polls

Page: 1 of 1
 ShadowTemplar
02-04-2003, 10:55 AM
I recently MSNed with some of the other forum-goers, and we discussed what we dubbed "poll-spamming" (no discussion, really, we pretty much agreed). We reached the conclusion that execcive poll posting is irritating. So, what about making the 'poll' feature a Store Item, so that you have to pay something like 10 pts. to post a poll? This shouldn't be cost-prohibitive, but will (I hope) make people think more before they post polls. Sounds like a good idea? Or will it get shot down like a spyplane over China?
 obi
02-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Too many polls are irrlelvant, and too few have purpose. I am not too sure that many people will like the idea of having to buy polls, but it doesn't make that much of a difference to me, because I rarely post a thread, let alone a poll. However, like I said, most polls are a bit.....well......useless.
 C'jais
02-04-2003, 12:35 PM
10 pts?!

How about 50 or 70?

You can easily make a good thread without using polls. And often, the result is often a better thread if people don't only have to click a few buttons and state their preferences.
Page: 1 of 1