Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bout' Grim Fandango

Page: 1 of 1
 Hellbeard
02-02-2003, 12:18 PM
First Off, a confession. I never did complete Grim Fandango. In Fact I hardly even played it at all. Thats because there was one puzzle in the beggining which I couldn't complete for the life of me. I spent 4 days trying to beat the puzzle but I couldn't. I checked FAQs, message boards, chat lines, etc... And I Did everything they told me to but It just didn't work. I gave up on it, but I loved the game and I really want to experience what you guys are saying is the best game of all time, So I am coming to the masters of all games adventurely.

Ok, near the end of the first year, in the forest. I couldn't do the Bloody Tree Puzzle. I did what the FAQs, etc... told me to. Have the metel things going back and forth....

/------\ ____________/--------\
\------/____________ \--------/
-------2 seconds or so---------
/------\ ____________ /--------\
\------/ ____________ \--------/

And then the tree started shaking but when I turned the machine on nothing happened. I tried many different combos but none worked.

I feel like such a loser seeing that I couldn't complete the puzzle. I am usually a master of adventure games but this puzzle had me stumped. Please Help me!!

btw, I'll see if I can post a screen shot.
 bgbennyboy
02-02-2003, 12:27 PM
You use the wheelbarrow over the pipes so that the 2 metal things on each side are in sync with each other, ie the 2 left ones pump together and the 2 right ones pump together.
You then get Glottis to go up the tree and then turn it on.
 Hellbeard
02-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Thats exactly what I did! I had the Left side in sync and they went first. Then I had the Right side in sync and they went second! Then the tree started shaking. Then I turned off the machine and Glottis went and fixed the weights. Then when I turned the machine back on the tree wasn't shaking anymore and it said that I had to try again!

Is my game glitchy or something? Or did I just do something wrong?:(
 Hellbeard
02-02-2003, 2:52 PM
WooHoo!!! I figured it out!! I didn't know you had to do it while he was still up there!! Thanks Alot Yall!
 Invader8
02-10-2003, 11:35 PM
I had a hell of a time trying to get this one too!

When you the tree wobbling from side to side when its on, flick the switch to turn it off and wait for globbo to climb up the tree. When he is at the top you will be able to move again so go back and flick the switch. Globbo will be flung off and you have done it. Yah!

(You have to push the wheelbarrow over the pipes to get the tree to wobble)

Invader8 :D
 Lemon Head
02-11-2003, 4:57 AM
strangely enough, this was one of the only puzzles in grim which I figured out fairly quickly, mind you, at the time I was having college level physics and maths rammed down my brain. :D
Page: 1 of 1