Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bing Band, Bebop and Bones missing

Page: 1 of 1
 JohnMcChavs
02-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Hello everybody,

I know that this message is to the edge of the terms of agreement I just agreed with, but I'm too desperate, so I jump !

I am searching for a long time now the famous OST, and as far as it is sold out everywhere, I don't know what to do (and, worse, I live in France, so you can forget Ebay)

I have found somewhere, but I can't remember where, I promise, mp3s of the full album. I was happy, even if I knew it was wrong as far as law is concerned.

Well, mp3 can be a real disappointment as far as music quality is concerned, and I found what I had horrible, quite inaudible.

So I decided to call you for help, fellow Grim Fandango lovers : can anybody think about a realistic solution for me, as far as asking LucasArts to make a reedition is pure dream.

Thanks to all of you, and Happy Days Of The Dead !
 Darth Eggplant
02-01-2003, 12:59 PM
the Lucasarts store has now a best of cd of Lucas games, many of the tracks from Grim Fandango are on that album\cd if you want an actual cd, that might be a s close as you come to getting it. it was on ebay once a while back but if you are in france and can not get it, my sympathies. my fan site has mp3's it is www.geocities.com/calaverablanca) and I have alo\most all the music from the game in mp3 format at 128bit 44mhz stereo. as far as I know they should all be there and sound pretty good. try there, also email me or PM me privately as I might have something else to make you happy. the link at the bottom of my signature leads to my site as does the link in this post.
 Flood419
02-03-2003, 9:44 AM
^^ Keeping the dream alive!

<< Dreaming!

VV Thinkinf of the next big dream.
 Darth Eggplant
02-03-2003, 12:04 PM
charming sentiments
I am sure, but the wrong
post to K 'Jo Round them in:D
 scabb
02-03-2003, 12:27 PM
You can churn out a good 200 with Scumm Revisited (http://scummrev.mixnmojo.com), a handy little tool indeed, so take that route if you're comfortable with ripping and converting and don't have a lot o' bandwidth.
 Tall Guy
02-03-2003, 2:17 PM
yeah you can rip all the songs found on the ost from the game cds.
 JohnMcChavs
02-03-2003, 4:48 PM
Ok, thanks for the scumm trick, but I have already done it, friends...

It is ok for most of the tracks, but it is not as good as the OST CD is, for these reasons :

- the sound is sampled at 22 Khz, so scumm revisited can't do miracles : 22 khz is good on PC speakers, but not on a classic hi-fi amp...

- the acoustic instruments are very much natural on the "Big Band, Bebop and Bones" CD (it is clear, even with bas mp3s...)

Well, I converted the best I could what I recovered with scumm (I should have said it in my first post, sorry), but I am still looking for the OST.

Thanx to all of you for your help, though ;)
 Gexx
02-03-2003, 9:51 PM
I was lucky enough to get it from the LucasArts store, when it was there.
 Flood419
02-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Ok, you got me there Darth Eggplant. But it really does need to be addressed. Lucas has clearly taken a stand NOT to listen to fans in some of the decisions he's made (most recently with the decision NOT to release the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD in the original '70s/'80s theatrical release) or his businesses have made.

BRING BACK THE SOUNDTRACK GEORGIE BOY!!!

LISTEN TO THE FANS!!!

<sigh> :rolleyes:

useless.

Flood419
 Darth Eggplant
02-11-2003, 12:09 PM
I completely agree with you Flood.
when you go to the lucasarts site
one of the things they tell you
is that music for games and movies
(paraphrasing) is an important part
of what lucasarts is all about.