Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bank Account

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Helmet
01-31-2003, 6:21 PM
For those who were wondering, here's how the P.A.'s money distribution will work. My plan from big to small!

First of all here is basically how money income to our PA will come to cnacel out conusion:

Those in PA will initially fund everything. Some will pay more than others and some can be exempt temporairily for funding branches of our PA for us.(Taxes)

After we develop a town then we will have a tax and those in PA will be exempt(under debate) from taxes and people living in our town will fund us. Because after all, we'll be politically in charged.

So each branch will get money like this. The money everyone brings in will be put in our bank, which only our top most leaders and I have access to. Then the leaders of each branch will give me a proposal every scheduled date or if they are in a crisis. I will then read the report which states how much money they need and what the money is being used for. If that is sufficient, then I will grant them that. Then leaders of the branches will distribute from their amogst themselves. If I or anyone else sees that this isn't not being done fairly, then measures will taken so that they will NOT be distributing the money anymore.

As for people who need money ina hurry for something credible, they can come directly to the back-manager, but you will have to pay the bank manager back in a set time. If late, then we will get evil, and charge you interest(insert evil laugh here). IF YOU DO NOT PAY US BACK, YOU DO NOT GET TO WITHDRAW MONEY FROM US AGAIN! ...unless of course you ask realllllllllllllllly nicely!...we'll see.. Thanks!

BTW...whoever can Sticky this
 Thew Rydur
01-31-2003, 7:56 PM
The plan sounds good to me, one question though. Will we be limiting membership in game so non =A= players who live in our town won't just join up so they don't have to pay?
 Lord Helmet
01-31-2003, 7:57 PM
That's not up to me. Ask Wraith or Gaalgoth
 swediot=)
01-31-2003, 11:05 PM
what kinda things would you let the top main people use the money for rep[airing or building in the town or buying ice cream?
 setsuko
02-01-2003, 4:24 AM
I reaaally hope I'll be able to withdraw money for ice cream! :)

Well, yes, if members don't have to pay, but residents has to, then they will join. So, if at least everyone pays a little, then we will have less problem with people who joins but are not active in the PA. On the other hand, players who settles in our town and then like it so much that they want to join the =A=, then I don't see the problem.
 Zendjir
02-01-2003, 6:51 AM
The withdrawing idea sounds good to me.

But the discussion we had a while ago centered about: How do we collect the money fairly amongst the members? Do you want to make it voluntarily or do ya want something else?

Maybe we could make it voluntarily, and if someone wants to withdraw money, the the more money he has put into the bank, the easier he can take a loan. Sounds fine to me, less control is needed that way, just howmuch everyone has put into the bank.

Oh, and how do you propose we control YOU, lord Helmet? I mean, we give you the money, how can we make sure you don't do something illegal? I trust you and all, but I guess you won't be banker forever, so some rules are needed for future bankers too.
 setsuko
02-01-2003, 10:10 AM
Well, zendjir, the bank accountant will have to answer to the other leaders too.

And yes, keeping track of the amount each member, and each group has given to the PA 'trust fund' is a good idea.
 Gaalgoth
02-01-2003, 1:43 PM
Essentially what's going to happen is once the game starts people will have to stay active. We have some members who are inactive and have been for some time. We'll give them a couple months after release maybe to make themselves known as players, then they will be removed. Also, once in the game it will be harder to join the group. Not everyone will be allowed in, there will be some recquirements. I'm not talking about tribute or anything, we'll just have to see how it goes. Wraith and I will talk about this topic in time, and the recquirement for joining will probably be something along the lines of a meeting with us. We will need some rules in place because without them everything will fall apart.
 Zendjir
02-01-2003, 3:39 PM
Yeah, I agree with Gaal, some rules are neccesary. But not too much! Or it will ruin the PA.
 Gaalgoth
02-01-2003, 5:55 PM
Of course not too much, but there will be some present
 Lord Helmet
02-01-2003, 8:48 PM
setsuko.The bank manager will not be keeping track of each indivually member (im way too lazy) the leaders will keep track of their own branch and htey will keep the bacnk-manager informed...makes it easier for me, and stilkl not too diffivult on their behalf

that way if someone isn't up to their due..then they might not get to withdraw as much or have as much time to pay it back...

i wonder if we can have bounties instead of late fees MUHAHAHAHAHAH
 swediot=)
02-02-2003, 10:48 PM
we can have private bounties we dont need the game to generate them for us you know and then we dont need actual bountyhunters anyone can just get em ehehehe :wookie::wookie::wookie:
 Lord Helmet
02-03-2003, 2:58 PM
ummm no you cant :D
 Lord Helmet
02-03-2003, 2:58 PM
ummm no you cant :D
 UnfrozenCaveman
03-21-2003, 12:13 PM
So, will players still have a side fund of money in a separate bank? Let's say that I make 100 creds because of some job I do. I take 60 of that and put it in my own account then keep 20 creds on my corpus and then put the remainging 20 in the the PA's bank account. Is that how it'd work?
 setsuko
03-21-2003, 12:44 PM
You can direct your money to an "cosmic bank" where they are safe. After all, credits are a semi-computerized currency.
 Wraith 8
03-22-2003, 3:08 PM
well i like the idea of Helmet there. and i agree with gaalgoth.
i think that is all i need to say at this time :p
Page: 1 of 1