Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

State of the Union Address.

Page: 1 of 1
 Reborn Outcast
01-28-2003, 10:11 PM
The State of the Union address was just on tv and President Bush made some very powerful statements. I agreed with moat if not all of the things said. If anyone else watched it, what did you think?
 XWING5
01-28-2003, 10:50 PM
I was soooo glad that he made the statement about the hydrogen cars. It's about time someone did. Unfortunately everyone will only focus on the last 15 minutes, not that it wasn't important - because the Intel insights were great!- but I would love to see some of his proposals make it to fruition. But I thought he did very well. My favorite lines were:
"Let's just say they won't be a problem for the US anymore" (or something like that) and "liberty for strangers" because that does seem like the situation so often.....
 NerfYoda
01-28-2003, 11:31 PM
I too was quite suprised about his statement on Hydrogen powered cars. Mad props on that. I'd buy a H car. Now if only he still didn't have plans for drilling in Alaska...

I completely disagree on his idea on taxes. The govt was at a surplus before he came to power, and he's pissing the government's money away with all these ridiculous tax cuts. That $300 joke I got last year went straight into savings (which I liquidated to pay for college). These little nonsense benifits will not stimulate the economy. A well oiled governmental budget run by a responsible set of leaders will.

Don't get me started on his views on faith based initiatives and partial birth abortions. Let women do what they want with their damn fetuses, and there should be a clear demarcation between church and state.

As for his stance on Iraq.. if all these intelligence reports he cites are true then sure we should take Saddam out (as part of a joint UN effort).
 Toonces
01-29-2003, 10:56 AM
I wasn't supprised at all about his stance on Hydrogen powered cars, he has mentioned this in the past, yet has received little coverage by the mainstream media.

Say what you will about the tax plan, I personally think it's a good plan for long term growth, but I respect your opinion. The main problem as you mentioned is of cource that we do not have fiscially responsible people running Congress. Read any of the reports from the many Government watchdog groups and you'll start to feel sick about how much money Congress wastes on various pork barrel spending bills, along with other peices of grossly missfunded legislation. The President is going to send a bill to Congress that includes a 4% increase in spending over last year, which most Democrats and some Republicans balk at because the % increase is too LOW! One of the best, and most fiscally responcible things he said last night was that Government spending should never exceed the growth of the average family income per year.

In responce to your comment about Partial Birth Abortion, are you aware when and how those procedures are done? They are usally done in the 5th or 6th month, sometimes later, and is incredibly gruesome. Now I understand if the life of the mother is threatened then by all means save her life, but to have an abortion in such a late term is extreme IMO
 razorace
02-01-2003, 2:16 PM
I'm not sure hydrogen cars are the way to go. Hydrogen is extremely explosive.
 greedo626
02-02-2003, 1:47 PM
I thought it was a really good speech. and yeah, the whole hydrogen car thing is wicked. if half that stuff gets done, it would be great. my brother just walked by and scoffed at me for writing this. he's really anti-Bush (in fact, my whole family is anti-Bush [except me]). but anyway, I look forward to seeing what is going to happen.:)
Page: 1 of 1