Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pacifist Human Shields

Page: 1 of 1
 C'jais
01-28-2003, 5:24 PM
I'm sure you've all heard about them. If not:

It's the people who stand in front of military targets, protesting against the war. They won't move, and sometimes they even tie themselves to the target.

It's like those people who lay down in front of a bulldozer to stop the road being built.

Currently, a group of Americans are doing just this in Iraq. And once the war starts, they'll stand in line of the bullets and warheads.

Good, noble purpose or abject idiots?
 XWING5
01-28-2003, 7:15 PM
Well, since I am for removing that yahoo in Iraq, I gotta admit that I don't understand why they are willing to risk their lives for him. Sorry, I gotta go with "Abject Idiots" :nut:
 Reborn Outcast
01-28-2003, 7:26 PM
Yep abject idiots. If they are willing to put their life in the line for Saddam then they're just plain stupid.
 wassup
01-28-2003, 7:54 PM
You gotta realize they are putting their lives at risk not for Saddam, but for the innocent residents of Iraq and how their lives would be totally destroyed (even though their lives suck right now anyways) if the US upsets the fragile power structure and economy in Iraq. These people are probably afraid the US will hurt the people of Iraq, purposely or accidentally, when and if they start the war.

However, they are a bit "stupid". They should realize they are not gonna stop anything and would probably be more of use protesting with the people in Washington, DC. So, I classify them as abject idiots, though brave ones at that.
 ET Warrior
01-28-2003, 9:47 PM
I think it's a noble idea....but will not accomplish anything except increase the senseless loss of life :(
 NerfYoda
01-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Freakin' morons.

All they're going to do is distract US soldiers in battle who will then get shot by Iraqi troops who don't care if they shoot a US soldier or a dopey US citizen who was in their way. I HOPE they get shot. They won't accomplish a d*mn thing and the world will be better off without them.
 ShockV1.89
01-29-2003, 8:10 AM
I think they're fools! They're not going to stop anything, really, and the soldiers in the army are just doing their jobs. If they stand there, they'll just get shot up with teargas and rubber bullets before we go in and do what we need to do.

Although god forbid one of them gets hurt, we'll hear all about the "brutal military with no care for human life who shoots innocent people."

Idiots.
 razorace
02-01-2003, 2:00 PM
Talk is cheap. I doubt Iraq will let them onto their miltary bases. I wouldn't, they could easily be spies. :)
 C'jais
02-01-2003, 2:37 PM
Originally posted by razorace
Talk is cheap. I doubt Iraq will let them onto their miltary bases. I wouldn't, they could easily be spies. :)

Hussein is giving them nearly everything they point at. Except, of course, military plans.

He's treating them well - after all, it's an oppurtunity he can't afford to miss really.

But I'm sure standing in front of the military complexes are enough to them.
 obi
02-01-2003, 7:00 PM
I think they mean well, but they are being stupid about it.
I mean, you could always stay in the states and hold up a sign. It's much safer, and just as affective.

The people, if they stay there, just might get shot.

*shrugs*
Page: 1 of 1